Shakeology

Options

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I found the products OK but expensive, and I've known many people who got into the business pyramid with big plans only to fail miserably.
    Maybe others have had success; good for you:flowerforyou:
    COUNT ME OUT!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I heard from someone that they use beetle shells in them, even in the vegan ones. I don't think I'd want to eat bug shells.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time. The pros - nice and think so makes awesome smoothies, great taste, mixes nicely. Cons - expensive, I have recently switched to Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein and it does the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I do have to use 2 scoops instead of one but get it for around $50 for a 5 lb tub on Amazon vs $120 for a (I believe) 2 lb bag of Shakeology.

Bottom line, after trying Shakeology I can honestly say it is way over priced for what you are getting.

Except when you compare nutrional information. I used gold standard whey protein for awhile until my mom gave me her shakeology. She was never a fan of any type of protein shake. For price wise sure it is cheaper but I disagree on them being equal as far as nutritional value go. But again, to each their own.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I heard from someone that they use beetle shells in them, even in the vegan ones. I don't think I'd want to eat bug shells.

I heard from someone that the world was ending on December 21st.......
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time. The pros - nice and think so makes awesome smoothies, great taste, mixes nicely. Cons - expensive, I have recently switched to Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein and it does the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I do have to use 2 scoops instead of one but get it for around $50 for a 5 lb tub on Amazon vs $120 for a (I believe) 2 lb bag of Shakeology.

Bottom line, after trying Shakeology I can honestly say it is way over priced for what you are getting.

Except when you compare nutrional information. I used gold standard whey protein for awhile until my mom gave me her shakeology. She was never a fan of any type of protein shake. For price wise sure it is cheaper but I disagree on them being equal as far as nutritional value go. But again, to each their own.

Just comparing whey to shakeology, no. But add in a multivitamin and the playing field is much more level and you're still ahead on cost by using whey+multi.
  • larrymadill
    Options
    I use it, originally as a meal replacement and now as a supplement / morning pre-workout shake. It's great; weight loss to one side, its a wonderful nutritional supplement. Yes, its expensive, but if you do the math its about $4.36 a day. So, skip the Starbucks for a month and invest in something that will make you a bit healthier.
  • SideSteel
    Options
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I heard Starbucks used bugs in their strawberry fraps

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57405140-10391704/starbucks-strawberry-frappuccinos-dyed-with-crushed-up-cochineal-bugs-report-says/

In fact, I heard that crushed bugs are used in all sorts of food colorings that are utilized by a whole bunch of mainstream companies, including red gatorade... Just sayin.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

Just comparing whey to shakeology, no. But add in a multivitamin and the playing field is much more level and you're still ahead on cost by using whey+multi.

Well for people like me who can't actually swallow a multivitamin shakeology is just fine. I personally enjoy it and its a lot easier to get down then me choking on a giant horse pill. I can afford it so I'll stick with it. Plus it may be a coincidence but my entire family is sick, all 3 of my children and my boyfriend have been sick for days and I'm perfectly fine. 6 months ago I'd be in bed crying for my mommy long before my bf got sick. It could also be because I eat healthy now but who kniws .
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57405140-10391704/starbucks-strawberry-frappuccinos-dyed-with-crushed-up-cochineal-bugs-report-says/

In fact, I heard that crushed bugs are used in all sorts of food colorings that are utilized by a whole bunch of mainstream companies, including red gatorade... Just sayin.

I believe its one of the red dyes that are in red foods and what not
  • SideSteel
    Options

Well for people like me who can't actually swallow a multivitamin shakeology is just fine. I personally enjoy it and its a lot easier to get down then me choking on a giant horse pill. I can afford it so I'll stick with it. Plus it may be a coincidence but my entire family is sick, all 3 of my children and my boyfriend have been sick for days and I'm perfectly fine. 6 months ago I'd be in bed crying for my mommy long before my bf got sick. It could also be because I eat healthy now but who kniws .

If you choose to spend your money on it and you enjoy it, I don't fault you for it. But you can get comparable micro and macronutrition with less expensive options and the general public deserves to know that.

Also, gummy vitamins.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I sampled the chocolate shakeology shake and didn't like the taste. Find a shakeology coach and ask them for a sample to see if you like it before you buy it.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I will stick to my own proteins shakes
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Cochineal - it's use for red food coloring. Starbucks no longer uses it.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Man the opinions are flying out here like bird crap. Be careful before some of it gets on you. For all the talk that's going on, you should have a solid answer, but you still don't. There is nothing that compares. What everyone seems to be crying about is the price. Even the people that offer you an alternative can't put up a product that meets all the stats of SHAKEOLOGY. The cost is less then $4.00 a meal. I don't care where you buy your food you will have at least that much expense into either going to the grocery to get or buy it already cooked. Plus this is delivered right to your doorstep every month.

How It Works*

This patent-pending daily nutritional shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods.
    At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.

Now, that's the simple truth. Yeah, you really don't have to have it for success, but you can't get a better product for a lower cost, producing the same quality results period. And yes I'm also a BeachBody Coach. So If you want to try it for yourself and make your own intelligent decision about if it's right for you. Just let me know and I'll help you get started.

CoachDuhamNC
    Team BeachBody

Hey there Coach,

Can you tell me the name of a toxin that shakeology eliminates?

Thanks!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Man the opinions are flying out here like bird crap. Be careful before some of it gets on you. For all the talk that's going on, you should have a solid answer, but you still don't. There is nothing that compares. What everyone seems to be crying about is the price. Even the people that offer you an alternative can't put up a product that meets all the stats of SHAKEOLOGY. The cost is less then $4.00 a meal. I don't care where you buy your food you will have at least that much expense into either going to the grocery to get or buy it already cooked. Plus this is delivered right to your doorstep every month.

How It Works*

This patent-pending daily nutritional shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods.
    At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.

Now, that's the simple truth. Yeah, you really don't have to have it for success, but you can't get a better product for a lower cost, producing the same quality results period. And yes I'm also a BeachBody Coach. So If you want to try it for yourself and make your own intelligent decision about if it's right for you. Just let me know and I'll help you get started.

CoachDuhamNC
    Team BeachBody

Tell me more...

How does is help your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need.
    or
    allows your body to shed stored fat?
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Coaches crack me up !

And now for $39.00
    Abbraa kadabraaa poof . your a coach.:laugh:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

How It Works*

CoachDuhamNC
    Team BeachBody

What "whole food ingredients" are used to deliver the "essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals"? Why cannot I not obtain those nutrients from the whole foods themselves?

Can you provide me with a study that explains exactly how Shakeology reduces "the free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke"? Basically, you are claiming that this product will prevent me from having a debilitating/deadly heart problem. How was that conclusion reached? How is it independant of weight loss (another goal of the body), as weight loss typically reduces the possibility of those conditions?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

cochineal and carminic acid are the terms you might be looking for.

It is dried powdered beetles native to Central and South Americas
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I will stick to my own proteins shakes

this.

I can see the use of a protein shake, and drink one as a meal replacement at lunch for work days, but you can whip up your own for less money using a standard whey protein powder and a few extra ingredients. Mine is based on the French Vanilla Designer Whey but I concocted a recipe with it that works well for me, that is a mix of the powder, plus 1 banana, coconut flour, light coconut milk, cocoa powder, coconut water, nonfat greek yogurt and lowfat milk.

edit *thinking of adding flax seed to it, once I get around to buying them*

Yes, it might be easier for some folks who just want to mix something up and forget about it, but so many of these fitness companies do not guarantee gluten free and this is how I can be sure that it is, make it myself.