Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options
Evening Black Team!

Only 4 weigh ins reported this week so not worth pulling the chart. I will however throw a challenge out there! I know we have beaten the no sweets thing to death, But with all the leftover easter treats I think we need it. No sweets this week.

I hope everyone is having a great night. Low on time this evening friends. Have to be up at 3 am to get to work. I have a 7am meeting three hours away. Still busy as heck but SPOT on with my eating so there! =P

lol Have a great night all.

P.S. RONI- GOOD TIMES!

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hello, my friends--

Quick minute to sit a spell and say hey. Beautiful day here-- love the spring, even with the odd weather patterns-- 90 one day, 50 the next-- wth?

You know, when I was younger I used to look at the old people and wonder what it was like to be old, what they felt like, et cetera-- and yes, I know I'm not "OLD," but I'm learning something the older I get..... We don't feel any different. We see the world through the same eyes--

I'm driving in the van today taking Aaron to the golf course, windows down, hair blowing, and I felt the same exhilaration I did 28 years ago when I first got my license-- the same yearning to hit the highway, turn on "Boys of Summer" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlCppfqsbPM) and just drive, destination unknown.

I feel the same excitement in this "unseasonably" warm weather that I did as a school girl, sitting in a hot classroom knowing summer vacation wouldn't be far away....

Today, my friends, I feel damn young-- I'll stay away from the mirror for the reality check, thank you very much-- but, I feel wonderful today. Pain is lessened due to my veggie juice fast this week-- weight is in check-- I've maintained my current weight since April of last year-- one freaking year, my friends-- this is not the "new" me anymore-- this is now me..... I'm lovin' it.

walked into Dunkin Donuts this morning to get my unsweetened coffee and NO edible, and saw the reflection of the thin lady whose thighs don't touch-- and yes, she still wants to take off 10 more pounds, and battles the hormonal, watery goosh sac in her gut-- but, damn, she looks good-- and feels better, emotionally, spiritually and physically knowing this enemy of hers has been defeated.

Never again shall I let this weight own me-- never, never, never.

Making potato salad for the troops tonight-- and putting hot dogs on the grill. (I make incredible potato salad, I must admit-- truly the best I've ever tasted....pardon the self-praise.... )

For today, anyway, perspective is in check-- the world around me, my life around me is spinning totally out of my control. But, I conquered that which I COULD control, and will continue-- thankfully, with all of your love and support. You raise me up, my friends.

Gabby Gus signing off-- love to all.

Sounds like a great day. I am so glad for you my dear. You have done so well and it's a different life these days!

You my dear raise US up.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I confess I didn't do the nasty deed. After Easter and my birthday , I could see I gained . My belly always shows the extra fat first. I promise to weigh myself next week . I think the no sugar thing is a good thing. I am also going to continue with the wall push ups its slow going but good for me. :drinker: :drinker: got to really flush out the sodium..........love ham
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - I love you, woman! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Man of 8 names - Thanks for being our team leader! I need this challenge! Thank you, my dear!

Too bad I'm going to throw all that junk out. I have a feeling I'm going to piss off some short people. :laugh:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Andrew- Thank you for keeping up with the Black Team weigh ins and challenges. You are doing a great job. :smile:
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Heading out to run-- 78 degrees-- great excuse to NOT take the doggie-- yippppppeeeeee-- 47b20s0.gif

How in good conscience could I, a devoted and loving (:devil: ) pet owner take a Siberian husky still in full coat on a 78 degree 3.5 mile run? How cruel would that be? shame.gif

I love the dog farrrrr too much to put him through such misery. loudlaff.gif

Plus, I only promised hubs I'd take him on "at least" 3 runs in his absence-- I still have ample time to fulfill that-- ( why didn't I think of this sooner-- I'm such a dope!!!!!!)

I'm OUT. OF. HERE. Free at last-- free at last-- bliss.gif

Streets of Lopat-- here I come-- woo hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! loveshower.gif

Thanks for the challenge, Batman-- you rock, my friend-- thankyou.gif
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Marla - You're such a good dog owner. :laugh:

Tri-bat-spy-guy-man - ...Wait, now I forget what I was going to say. :noway:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Heading out to run-- 78 degrees-- great excuse to NOT take the doggie-- yippppppeeeeee-- 47b20s0.gif

How in good conscience could I, a devoted and loving (:devil: ) pet owner take a Siberian husky still in full coat on a 78 degree 3.5 mile run? How cruel would that be? shame.gif

I love the dog farrrrr too much to put him through such misery. loudlaff.gif

Plus, I only promised hubs I'd take him on "at least" 3 runs in his absence-- I still have ample time to fulfill that-- ( why didn't I think of this sooner-- I'm such a dope!!!!!!)

I'm OUT. OF. HERE. Free at last-- free at last-- bliss.gif

Streets of Lopat-- here I come-- woo hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! loveshower.gif

Thanks for the challenge, Batman-- you rock, my friend-- thankyou.gif

You're so sweet, and the doggie probably loves you for it! :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    W5D2 is in the books. The sweat I got going....pheewww. Loved it ! Breathing a little shaky, asthma + allergies = shaky breathing. Humidity didn't help at all. But I finished. Might redo day 2 didn't hit the 3/4 mile mark on 8 minutes. somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4. Definitely won't move on until I can get at least a 13 minute mile. 20 min run is going to have to wait a few days but I'll get there.:wink:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey fabulous tema off to bed..just got done running 6 to 7 miles dont know for sure..675 calories burned running plus I ran all over work today...I worked 5 am to 1 pm so, I only ate about 1350 calories today, so I am proud of myself...

got my lunch already packed for tomorrow, my daughter has cap and grown pictures tomorrow so gonna be busy busy busy morning, i get up 345 eat breakfast 415 off to gym 440 gym opens 5 am..it takes me 5 minutes to get to the gym..you do the math...work out from 5-6 home at 605 shower me and daughter get make up on get dressed for work and get darling daughter dressed and ready for pictures and work by 7 am..Good thing I live like 5 minutes from work in totally oppisite direction from the gym.,..I live smack dab in the middle..

Andrew thanks for all you do..be careful on the drive tomorrow!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bobbi-- so proud of you-- you're doing awesome-- Kati, you, too-- what a wonderful program, and such a wonderful goal-- can't wait until your first 5k!!

Tamara-- don't know how you do it so early every morning-- you're amazing.

Only got 2.7 miles in before the heat got to me, too-- guess I'm part husky. Walked an extra mile after that. All in all, glad I went. Heat should break a bit tomorrow, so I'll get out there again-- need to schedule my week to honor my promise to the hubster, and get some more solo runs in-- they're heaven.

I'm going to be hiring a personal trainer to help me with weight training-- that's been missing all this time. He's a cutie patootie-- great attitude, beautiful brown eyes, will work cheap and is very respectful-- ha-- my 14 year old, Aaron.

The lad, bless his heart, is very into fitness and weight training (and it shows, the creep) and works out faithfully every other night. So, I'm going to hire him $5 a week to be my trainer 3x a week-- don't know why I never thought of this sooner. The kid is tenacious-- with money on the line, he won't let me say no.

Got my brows waxed yesterday for the first time in probably 5 years-- freaking brows were growing down over my eyelids! So, this is what the world looks like-- nice place. Ha.

Taking kidlets to see grandma tomorrow-- bless her heart.

Later-- off to type.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm tired and off to bed. TRX in the morning!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I stopped reporting my weight cause watching it go up and down on that chart wasn't all that good for me. However, it does take away the accountability. I have tried to not dwell so much on the number and have done much better with it. I know the weights getting reported have decreased a lot. Many of us Black Team folks are 'stuck' or 'yo yo' in a range- mainly because we've been doing it for long enough that we are all facing 'THE LAST TEN'- that I might add, really don't like to move. (Three cheers for those of you who are still having great numbers!)

What if every Wednesday (or your day to weigh in, use what day works for you, just report once a week) in a post we just say what we weighed, or if we gained, lost, stayed the same? It can be your choice what you report, but use the team for accountability, so report something.

I was very happy to see 151 this morning (considering I blew out of my happy range in a sweets fest/healthy eating strike a few weeks back and was 159 when I weighed in two weeks ago). Sara, I'm shooting for the 149.999999's with you! Did you make it yet?

As far as the sweets. I won't say I totally cut them out like I had outlined in my detailed goal plan. :tongue: However for the most part I am under control. I've had a few pieces of Easter candy. The peeps gave me a terrible stomach ache and the jelly beans made me want to scrape my tongue- I think it's all the dye they use in that stuff. The only thing I really liked was a few pieces of chocolate. I took my counter off my signature because I kept forgetting to update it and I lost track, but Marla is kicking butt and remembering to tell about it! You go lady!

I worked hard today again. Did a second round of cleaning on the deck, brightener this time and patched and painted the retaining wall. I'm pooped. I was also up at 4:30 for no good reason. Tomorrow I'm doing nuttin'. Really. No gym. No outside work. I'm going shopping!

I need shoes for the ball. I need to take 1,000 pieces (give or take a few) of bathing suits back to Sears. I still can't decide what to keep. Such dilemnas in life. For hubs it's stain, for me that's easy, it's bathing suits. Actually it's not hard to decide what to keep, it's hard to justify keeping all that I WANT to keep. Slight difference there. I cant' get past the fact that the pieces were originally $50-65 and I got them for $7-9 each on clearance. Somewhere in my screwed up train of thought, I should be able to keep what one bathing suit WOULD have cost. So one suit would have cost me $100-120 (which I would NEVER pay), SO I want 10-12 things. I know, wrong. Instead I should be basking in the knowledge I saved $80-100. If only my brain worked that way, life would be easier. LOL
  • 72lori
    Options

I'm going to be hiring a personal trainer to help me with weight training-- that's been missing all this time. He's a cutie patootie-- great attitude, beautiful brown eyes, will work cheap and is very respectful-- ha-- my 14 year old, Aaron.

The lad, bless his heart, is very into fitness and weight training (and it shows, the creep) and works out faithfully every other night. So, I'm going to hire him $5 a week to be my trainer 3x a week-- don't know why I never thought of this sooner. The kid is tenacious-- with money on the line, he won't let me say no.

You wanna talk creep. This is my 27 year old brother (he was taking a pic of his tat, but you'll 'get the picture').
    todd.jpg?t=1270693106
    I have the same genes. Why don't my abs look like that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    thfaint.gif

Lori. One word.

Wow.
  • Marla64
    Options

Tri-bat-spy-guy-man - ...Wait, now I forget what I was going to say. :noway:

I love it--

"Tribatspyguyman"

Thus thou shalt be dubbed hence.

So shall it be written. So shall it be done.
    :wink:
  • 72lori
    Options
    thfaint.gif

Lori. One word.

Wow.

Little brat! Granted he is dedicated, he works at a gym, he eats well and he's been working out for years, but STILL! Makes me wonder what I could have looked like at 27 if I lived then like I do now. Wait, I had 2 kids. Ummm, wonder what I would have looked like at 23........
  • Marla64
    Options
    thfaint.gif

Lori. One word.

Wow.

Little brat! Granted he is dedicated, he works at a gym, he eats well and he's been working out for years, but STILL! Makes me wonder what I could have looked like at 27 if I lived then like I do now. Wait, I had 2 kids. Ummm, wonder what I would have looked like at 23........

just makes me wonder what he'd look like nak-- um, :blushing: nevermind.

:wink:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    for later