• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    34FF-G (UK)

and Shock absorber...found some in debenhams or amazon
  • kelmarander
    kelmarander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so glad this thread is out there. I have yet to venture outside the home for cardio for fear of the girls popping out for play time. It's time to stop making excuses and exercising like the Phantom of the Opera playing organ in the catacombs. :embarassed:

The Shock Absorbers and Enells look great online . . . hopefully someday I'll be below a 44G to be able to try them both. In the meantime, does anyone have thoughts on brands that extend beyond 40 or DDD?

Also, when y'all suggest a bra 1-2 sizes smaller, do you mean strap size (the number) or cup size (the letter)?

P.S. I am an inflexible American who is frightened and confused by UK bra sizes (and the metric system).
  • BamsieEkhaya
    Options
    I am so glad this thread is out there. I have yet to venture outside the home for cardio for fear of the girls popping out for play time. It's time to stop making excuses and exercising like the Phantom of the Opera playing organ in the catacombs. :embarassed:

The Shock Absorbers and Enells look great online . . . hopefully someday I'll be below a 44G to be able to try them both. In the meantime, does anyone have thoughts on brands that extend beyond 40 or DDD?

Also, when y'all suggest a bra 1-2 sizes smaller, do you mean strap size (the number) or cup size (the letter)?

P.S. I am an inflexible American who is frightened and confused by UK bra sizes (and the metric system).

http://sizeguideuk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/bra-size-guide-uk-us-europe.html
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Just got Victoria's secret incredible sports bra and I love love love it! Before that I had a Moving Comfort.

^ This- I am a full 36D and this bra is amazing....no doubling up necessary and its cute, lots of fun colors :)
  • iluvkindergarten
    Options
    For years I've been buying bras by Victoria Secret. I'm a 40 DDD and the bras I bought looked and felt like I was wearing coconut shells to cover the fraternal twins and to prevent nipple protrusion.. Recently I started having problems with my shoulder and my Physical Therapist recommended that I change my bras and wear either a sports or posture bra. I went to jcpenneys.com and purchased three different posture bras. I love all three. They all have front closures, no under wire to poke you, contain "the girls" and look great.
  • kelleyholub86
    Options
    I recommend D+ Max Sports Bra from Bravissimo.com.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im a D and I LOVE the Old Navy sports Bras. I got a size smaller that I usually am in sport bras and it olds me in great. and I wear a strapless underneath as well and it holds me in even more. :)
  • NanaLueLue
    NanaLueLue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is NO sports bra that will fit me. There actually isn't a bra that fits me! I had to go to Lady Grace and buy a bra and then they altered it for me. I got a 34G and had a small dart on either side and they also took for the back hooks and took the bra in 2 inches on either side. Yes bringing it to a 30G. My frame is so small but the girls just don't seem to want to lose any inches. I highly recommend going to Lady Grace. The sales people are wonderful and since they tell you that they can fit everyone, they didn't charge me for alterations. (Nordstrom's would charge) Good luck!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Under Armour Armour Bra is amazing!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    Options
    Just got Victoria's secret incredible sports bra and I love love love it! Before that I had a Moving Comfort.

^ This- I am a full 36D and this bra is amazing....no doubling up necessary and its cute, lots of fun colors :)

tried VS in summer with my ma and they didn't have my size (in normal bras, they had "alternatives" which have NO support...this is when you increase back and decrease cup size) I wanted to cry !
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    In on a busty ladies thread!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Enell is the only sports bra that I will ever buy again. Hooks up the front, incredibly supportive too! Pricey, but I still have the first one I purchased 5 years ago!

Exactly what I was going to say!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    http://www.lessbounce.com/sports-bras-racer-back/shock-absorber/shock-absorber-max-support-b4490_ct483bd194pd76.htm

I'm a 34GG (uk size) so they're BIG, next to no movement in this. Did a triathlon in it a while ageo, swam in it and no rub for cycle or run either.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    That's a very interesting profile pic. :wink:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra..underwire with a correct fit...Panache and Wacoal are my favorite brands.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    they call me chesty mcgee...feel free to add me.

i found some great sports bras at.....walmart of all places...i am 40DD, but they fit well and haven't lost their shape or snugness.
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just got an Enell and I love it. We do refer to it either as my valkyrie bra or my Wonder Woman bra because I have a weird line that shows through my T shirt. I only wear it to work out. I'm pretty cheap about buying clothes but I bit the bullet on the Enell because someone recommended looking on Ebay. Everything I found was new stock that was being liquidated. Other than that I've done the two bra thing. I also found that herroom.com was good for figuring out the mess that is bra sizing, even comparing US and UK sizes.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Depends on how busty you actually are and what kind of activity you are doing. I'm a 36F and I have tried a lot of the bras listed, probably to the tune of a total of $800 or so, and they work fine for lower impact stuff (I like Enell and Panache). But when it comes to running, I have just resigned myself to triple-strapping them down -- a regular bra + sports bra + athletic tank with built in support. Not so bad once you get used to it.
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I already ordered them all... nothing yet. I'm a 38G/H. I normally wear 2 bras to the gym..
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just found a sports bra at Walmart for $13.95 that does have the clasps in the back, and goes up to a 42DD (that's as big as I saw). It SAYS it's high impact. I'm somewhere between a 42DD and a 42DDD and it actually fits well, and I wouldn't say that it's HIGH impact but it does offer good enough support that I could run with it.

Crap....for the size, support, and less than $14 I was ecstatic!

LOLZ at anything Victoria's Secret being considered terribly "busty". Seriously though.....I'll admit that I'm jealous and miss VS.