WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• c0c0nn0r
    Options
    Just home from a family birthday party - should never have eaten that 1st slice of cake..
    oh well tomorrow is a new day

Renny - Happy anniversary - 42 years - WOW!

Liz - I'm not a big lettuce eater but it's worth trying so I plan on eating a salad for lunch or dinner
    every other day - it can't be too hard

Linda S - Talula looks adorable...my granddog Ralphie, a yellow lab, was with me this week and it
    was fun.

Gail - Enjoy your date night..I agree January is a great time to reexamine past goals and set new ones.

Good night everyone
    Colleen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Deb A., alpaca yarn sounds wonderful…..I knit with wool yarn (hats, scarves, fingerless gloves) but I’ve never tried alpaca……..my Isagenix post workout shake has 30 grams of protein (1 scoop of regular powder and 1 scoop of IsaPro)…I don’t think there’s a way to get that much protein with some carbs and other nutrients mixed in unless you eat a huge meal and the shakes are under 300 calories.

:flowerforyou: Colleen, I buy bags of frozen vegetables that are a lot healthier than canned. I steam them and serve them plain. At first I used “I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter” but now I put nothing on them……Jake uses butter or Smart Balance sometimes……..I’m so glad you’re going to read “The Happiness Project”. I just finished re-reading it and it inspired me again…..Enjoy…..three years ago I decided to “say no to birthday cake” and it has served me well because I can’t have just a small piece. I know how to eat no cake and I know how to eat the whole thing but there is no moderation.

:flowerforyou: Renny, Dr. Seuss says such important things so simply…….Happy Anniversary

2000687elr2o81na6.gif

:flowerforyou: JaneHadji, your rat story reminded me of the pet rat I had in my classroom and then at home in the laundry room in the summer……she managed to chew through the cord to the overhead projector in the classroom and the clothes dryer at home.

:flowerforyou: LIndaS. I love your new dog picture

:flowerforyou: Gail, I love your holiday card plan……you have some amazing plans for January...I’ve been thinking about my goals too……I have an emergency document that I should have updated when we moved 16 months ago and it’s almost finished and just needs proofreading and printing.:laugh:

:bigsmile: Got up early, walked the dogs, went to an early meeting, walked the dogs again, met a friend for a walk, fixed oatmeal with nuts, applesauce, raisins, and gomasio for lunch, cleaned the bathrooms, walked the dogs again, and now have time for the computer. Jake will have to do the rest of the dog walking today.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: the new part for the exercise bike came today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Had a nice day with son,Dil and Violet.Went out for lunch and walked downtown.
    Have a good week-end!!
    hugs
    jane
  • ouray12
    ouray12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Had a great day shopping with brother, sister-in-law and my cousins from west texas. We managed to eat salads at lunch!
    Texas weather is suppose to be better this week, so I'm headed out to walk this week.

Love the protein idea...don't like to get hungry. When I do, then I eat too much to make up for it. Also, love the idea of only eating
    what I bring to work. I teach school and people are always bringing in cake, cookies, donuts etc.

Ready for 2013 and a healthier year!

Thanks for making me welcome! :heart:
    Karen
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,375 Member
    Options
    Meg - I do the exact same thing. When I see two things that I like and I'm not sure, I buy them both. Even better that they were on clearance.

jbv - good for you doing 30 minutes a day of exercise. The cravings for good food will come -- it'll just take a while, but they WILL come

texasgal - you KNOW that cartoon puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Thanks

Liz - Liked the movie "Lincoln". Didn't realize how much back-door politicking took place. Guess some things never change in Washington. There wasn't any problem with the turkey sandwich. I didn't put any mayo or any other condiment on it, just whole wheat bread and a piece of turkey breast. Actually, I've found Hormel brand to be quite good -- I can't taste the salt.

Linda - I logged in every day, too. That is, except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Some days weren't so good, but I logged in anyway. Knowing that I was going to have to log what I ate and that other's would see it helped me. I would be too embarrassed if someone saw something really really bad.

I'm going to read the posts right now and then make a pot of chicken & white bean soup. Even if I have it for breakfast, that's something different.

Had to buy the beans for the soup so I decided to stop at Beal's Outlet after an hour of yoga. I got 2 Christmas shirts for $3 each. Now if I'd bought them yesterday, I could have gotten an extra 15% off. I really didn't like the shirts that I had and these are cuter. Came home and made one cake to send to Jessica's friend (she asked us to send him his Christmas gifts) but it stuck to the pan so it went to the soup kitchen, then made another lime cake for him, put that in the freezer. Bought gas then I knew I was running low on eggs so stopped at Aldi for them, came home and changed, went to church, when I got home Vince told me that the Dunkin Donuts just opened - as in today. So, of course, he had to get some. Made dinner, have soup on, wrapped some more presents, now I'm here for a bit, will portion out the soup and then try again to catch up on the shows I have DVR'd.

yoyonomore - I saw on Dr. Oz where this guy recommended "30 in 30". Basically, that means 30 grams of protein in the first 30 minutes of your getting up. I tried that one day and it really helped keep my hunger away. I have the same problem -- trying to get in enough protein. No matter how well I think I'm doing, at the end of the day I'm always short of what MFP says I should be at. I'm going to check out barbie's shakes, too. Want to see what ingredients are in them, so many of the protein shakes that I find in the store have so much sugar in them, it's almost rediculous. The "protein bars" are more like glorified candy bars.

Sharon - isn't it just wrong that kids can eat so much and not gain weight? I remember when my son was here for a while, he'd do cooking, and, of course, he really wanted me to try what he made. Only what he'd make was high in calories. It certainly was a struggle to keep within my calories. Do you do the cooking? If so, you can cook things that are within your calorie range.

Renny - happy happy anniversary! Congrats on making it to 42, that's quite an accomplishment.

Liz - I loved all the fresh veggies that the summer had to offer. Unfortunately, now we don't get much, just the same old, same old. I'm trying, just not being very successful. In the summer I always had a big salad with my dinner. There were always different things in the salad -- beets when they were in season, okra when it was in season and so on.

I can't believe it, Vince is actually starting to take down the decorations! I thought for sure that he'd want to keep them up for a few more weeks. I did tell him that I don't have a problem putting them up in early December seeings how we have an artificial tree. If it were a live tree, I'd want to wait longer. I do like to be able to enjoy the holidays and not be worrying about "is this decorated" "don't forget that" etc etc etc

Gail - Publix is supposed to opening a store in Charlotte in 2013. Wish they'd come to Hickory. I have my list of things that I'm going to look for there when we go to FL in Feb. I like the cleanliness of the store and the variety. They may be a little higher priced, but you get what you pay for. I keep a big box and put all my things that I'm going to donate to the Salvation Army in there. Then, when the box gets full, it's time for a donation

OK - whats happening to me? You know how I always said that raw cookie/cake/brownie batter was my downfall. Well, I made a sour cream apple cake (which stuck to the pan so it went to the soup kitchen) and then a lime cake for Jessica's friend in TN (she asked us to send his Christmas presents to him, and I can't just send the presents, I'll include some of the cookies and a cake). After I got home from church Vince told me that the Dunkin Donuts opened so he bought a dozen donuts. I have no desire for any of the donuts and really no desire for the cake dough. What's happening to me?

barbie - I've been looking on the Internet but can't find any nutritional/ingredient info about those shakes. Do you have to order a certain amount (like 24)?

Ken & Lynette will be coming over Monday for dinner. That's another reason I'm surprised Vince wants to take the tree down so fast. Maybe he's sad because there aren't any ornaments on it (there really wasn't much time) I'll make a pork roast, carrots left over from Christmas Eve, mashed potatoes left over from Christmas Eve (Vince said they were on the dry side so I may add a bit of butter to them) and a sweet potato for me.

gail - I'm surprised how very few cards we got this year. Well, that just means fewer that I'll have to write out next year. Enjoy yourself tonight

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening

Michele
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Renny:flowerforyou: Happy anniversary!!!!!

Janehadji:smile: Ack...rats, at least they weren't in your car chewing on the wires...ick!!!!

Teri:smile: Love the cartoon!!!

Sue:smile: The blackeye peas and rice sounds delish!!!

JaneMartin:smile:Your day sounds wonderful!

Barbie:smile: Your day sure sounds busy! Glad the part for the bike came!!!

Michele:smile: No cake batter??? Are your taste buds on strike? I just like the cake after it's baked, the batter doesn't do a thing for me, but the finished product:love: !!!!

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou:! Looking forward to getting to know you!

I didn't take notes:frown: , I'm sure there is a lot more that I'd like to say but it will have to wait till another day. I've been busy and I'm tired, and for some reason when I'm tired I want to eat to keep myself awake:noway: :yawn: :angry: , so I'm going to call it a day and crawl in my comfy bed and read a bit in my book. Hope you all have a wonderful restful night! Sleep well and sweet dreams! Until tomorrow....

Hugs,
    DeeDee:yawn:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies,:flowerforyou:
    Finally got caught on all the posts. If the info is a little old, its because I start with the last time I posted and read forward.
    It has been raining all day and it is 48 degrees right now. This is a "weather event" for Southern California!:laugh:

Today was DH's 52nd Birthday. He was in a down mood secondary to the politics in his job and the mean people that he works with , that don't care about hurting other people.:angry: There is not much I can say to make him feel better. We got him dinner at his favorite bar -b- que place and he did not want cake or any desserts:drinker: . Yippee!

I worked out hard today as I wont be able to make it to the gym tomorrow. We are going to a competitive trap shoot for my daughter out of town. We will not be back before the gym closes at 5pm. I will try to walk where we are going. :bigsmile:

Girls have until Jan 7th off and we are getting ready to do a "spring cleaning" on Monday. :drinker:
    Still praying to go back to work, but everything is out of my hands now. I am thinking about the blessing that I am having not working at this time.:smile: Thanks to Barbie for helping me see things in a more positive way.:drinker: :drinker:
    Time to go as we have an early wake up call to get to the trap shoot on time.:yawn:

I am so grateful for my vitamin F today and everyday.:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hugs:heart: , Linda S-AKA Sundanceb

Suebdew-:flowerforyou: now that sounds like a great meal to me. I loved black eyed peas as a child, but I have not have them since then. I think this is something I need to eat in 2013!

Gail-:flowerforyou: let us know how the movie Lincoln is? I love your clean up attitude. My DH is a hoarder and I am not, so I know what you are going through. Daughters and I are starting on Monday to go through each room of the house and get rid of the items we don’t need! It will be a good cleansing. I also belong to the local Y. I like it because it has the older crowd and it is not a “meat market” as other gyms are!

Renny-:flowerforyou: wow, wow, Happy Anniversary!! 42 years that is one of the records!:drinker: Congrats to you and DH to your commitment to each other!

Colleen-:flowerforyou: glad you had Ralphie to spend the weekend with you! I could not live without dogs! Don’t spend any more think thinking about that darn cake! I hope you enjoyed the taste, just exercise a little more tomorrow!

Barbie,:flowerforyou: I am the same as you when it comes to birthday cake. I have not cut it out completely, but also need to! Wow, how many times a day do your dogs get walked? What is gomasio?

Janehadji-:flowerforyou: why would rats chew through electrical wires or car parts for that matter? I hope it didn’t get to your car too!

Janemartin- :flowerforyou: glad you had a nice day with family. I am so glad that you are getting to see Violet a lot! Sorry you are feeling blue,
    try to take care of yourself nutritionally during this time. Big hugs and I still have two teenagers. I will need you to help me through the “empty nest syndrome”:bigsmile:

Karen- welcome! Seems that nurse’s lounges are also filled with unhealthy foods!

Michele-:flowerforyou: count your blessing, at least Vince helps, even if it is just a little that’s a bonus in my book! Michele do you like Greek yogurt? I never have a problem with my protein when eating the Greek yogurt. I am not expert on the lemon in the hot water, so I cant really answer that question, but Lin seems to know.

Teri-:flowerforyou: thanks for making me laugh. Cartoon was cute!

DeeDee:flowerforyou: - get a good night’s sleep and don’t dream about cakes! Lol

Katla- :flowerforyou: that must feel so good to walk pain free. The extra weight puts a lot of pressure on ones knees. I am so happy for you! Keep up the good work!

Glenda- :flowerforyou: we are missing your smiling face on MFP, we hope you get back into the routine of sharing on the blog!

Cuterbee:flowerforyou: welcome, jump right in and let us get to know you! This is a great place to be for ideas and support!

Lila- :flowerforyou: love your new picture! I had veggies for dinner and they were yummy!

Janie:flowerforyou: - love the News year jingle! Big smile!!:laugh: :laugh:

Melody’sattic- :flowerforyou: welcome to the group!

Kate-:flowerforyou: I hope your coworkers are getting better and get back to work soon. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas in front of the fireplace!

Meg-:flowerforyou: my house is one big clutter bin. DH is a hoarder. His Grandparents lived through the depression and never ever threw anything away. He learned this skill from his mother. He is still upset at me about selling some of his Levis that he will never fit into again at our garage sell. How do you spell H.O.A.R.D.E.R!!! Lol

Smiling RN-:flowerforyou: I am one of the other RNS that Megs was telling you about. This is a great blog to be one. You will find great support and inspiration here! Welcome.

DebA-:flowerforyou: ok we all want to know what protein chunking is! Do tell us! Ok, I just read your post about the protein and your success! That is awesome. Congrats on your loss. Was your loss 71lbs in 16 months?

Cheryl-:flowerforyou: c ongrats on the weight loss. I am still thinks about the fit bit. I am sure that I would lose it. Why don’t they make it like a watch or something that is no so easy to lose!

Tigress-:flowerforyou: so glad to see you back on the blog and that you had a lovely holiday!

Robin-:flowerforyou: love the picture of the cutiepie!

Lucy-:flowerforyou: Happy Birthday! That was truly thoughtful of your co workers!

Jb- :flowerforyou: sounds like you are headed in the right direction on this journey. I don’t have the eating light magazine with me right now, but they did have some advice for people on plateaus. I will post it next time What page is the corn bread muffin recipe on???

Lin-:flowerforyou: I never knew that about fowl and the New Year! This is another reason I love this blog! I am learning so many things I never knew before! Hope you are feeling better? Love the Happy New Year sign!

Liz-:flowerforyou: the rule seem s to be that if the weight comes on quickly it will come off quickly! You will get it off in no time! Liz- well at least you have a clean kitchen and you did something productive!

Micki-:flowerforyou: so happy to see you back. We missed chatting with you on the blog!

LindaC- 90 egg rolls, you da bomb! :bigsmile: Wow, that is no easy task! Wow, you are doing good with the pedometer! Keep up the good work!

Sharon-:flowerforyou: welcome to the group. Glad that your son is home and able to go to college now!

Jen-:flowerforyou: we have been missing your posts on MFP. Good NSV and progress when you compare yourself to last year. Progress and one step, one day at a time!

Annie-:flowerforyou: well at least you got some walking in. You need to tale to Barbie and jb about walking in the “weather” They do not let the weather stop their exercise! Maybe if it was torrential rain or blizzard then they would not walk outside, but they are troopers!

Hugs :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,375 Member
    Options
    Linda Sundance - happy birthday to your hubby. Oh, I love greek yogurt. I usually get the plain and then add some fruit or a bit of honey to it. I've found that if I have fruit frozen (like blueberries), by the time they thaw, there is a bit of "blueberry juice", just enough for the yogurt. I just don't eat it every day, that's all. Oh, for the new year you are supposed to have something green for money that you'll get in the new year. Talk about old wives tales!

Well, ladies, here it is a quarter after two (yes, in the a.m.) and I'm on the computer. Let me tell you why: Vince has WPW (Wolfe Parkinson White). He was in tachacardia. Now he goes into it usually about once/year and then converts on his own, no big deal. But this time it lasted for almost 45 minutes, and the first time ever his heartrate was irregular. It would go fast, then slow, then fast, then slow. When he went to get up, he felt dizzy. So he had me call 911. They came and by the time they got here, he'd already converted. They did take an EKG and his heartrate was around 90. Since he wasn't feeling dizzy or anything, he decided not to go to the hospital. Right now he's feeling tired (well, that's normal), but I can't help it, but I'm still wide awake. I hurried up and moved my car out of the garage, but he was able to walk to the ambulance.

Michele
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Michele, sorry to see you posting at 2am, and I hope DH is feeling better when he awakes today! I have had similar and it is very unsettling.

Gail
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Linda:smile: Wow, 48 degrees in your part of the country is cold...Brrrr...! Happy Birthday to hubby:flowerforyou: ! So nice of him to not want cake! Good luck to your daughter on the trap shoot!!!

Michele:smile: Oh my gosh...that is just scary about Vince! I`ve never heard of WPW before, hope he`s feeling better now!!! I`d be wide wake too! You`ll need a nap later today!

Karen:smile: Sounds like you had a lovely day shopping! Very good you chose to have a salad for lunch!!!

Colleen:smile: Cake:love: , I love cake!!! It`s wonderful we can always start over!!! I can stop at one slice, however I could eat one slice everyday:noway: , so if for some reason I have it in the house, I eat one slice and send the rest home with whomever was here, I don`t buy it (I don`t bake either), unless someones coming for dinner:frown: , and that`s not very often!

Gail:smile: Sounds like you had a busy day! I`m like you..less-is-more! When things start to get cluttered I start to freak out!

Lin:smile: Love the graphic!!! Hope you`re feeling better!!!

Annie:smile: I just laughed when I read being busy, busy and at the end not knowing what was accomplished...I`ve had 3 months of that:noway: :ohwell: . I`m hoping 2013 will be a little better for me in that dept.!

Lila:smile: Reading in front of a cozy fire, sounds like a perfect day to me!!!! Squirrels...rats with boas:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !

Well it is almost 7am, I`ve been on this computer for almost an hour now:noway: ! Must go get the hair ready for the tiara today, it`s been really windy lately, might blow the tiara off:laugh: ! Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone -

Haven't looked at the messages yet but wanted to say hello, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrated and a peaceful week regardless and will enjoy the New Year. We had a splendid time in Tahoe - there was a ton of snow when we arrived, and then we got a foot and a half on Christmas. Needless to say, skiing was terrific (although I only got out one day due to having to work and DD being ill when she got there). DGD was so much fun - she's learned "NO!" with a vengeance - the little tree and the fireplace and the stairs: all named "NONONONO" as she would race to touch them lol. We took her out sledding and to play in (and eat) the snow - very fun week. Her favorite gift was a Darth Tater Mr. Potatohead her father got; second favorite was a Hello Kitty! purse - she's very into dragging things around that have openings she can put other things into - bags, upside-down drums, etc.

I didn't overeat but didn't really stick to a particularly healthy regime - and maintained my weight. Tomorrow I'm starting Les Mill's Combat with a group of on-line friends - should be fun.

Cheers,

M.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Just a quick check in before taking off for a cross country ski trip with DH, sister, and niece. Will probably be out most of the day. It is in the low 20s with a breeze and light snow falling. Should be a perfect day to be out on the trails.:smile:

I have packed a protein smoothie, protein bar, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and lots of water. I am sure we will stop for lunch afterwards, but this way I can avoid eating the wrong things.

Will check in again after I get home. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Deb A
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Celebrated Christmas yesterday with my grown son. All dips and chips and meatballs and sweets. Very bad calorie day. Today will be just as bad also. Celebrating my husband's birthday with friends in Chicago (yesterday was his birthday). She made jambalaya and we made meatballs and there's sure to be lots more yummies. Then of course there's new year's eve in a few nights. Guess this is really my holiday week. :drinker: Last week was a breeze .:smile:

I'm reading most of the posts but only have time to add my own - makes me feel selfish since I love when folks acknowledge me, but I don't seem to have time to do the same.

MIchele - hope Vince is better today. What a scare.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe for Low-Fat Cornbread Muffins.

1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. polenta or cornmeal
    2 T. sugar
    1/2 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. salt
    1 egg
    1/2 c. light sour cream
    1/2 c. non-fat plain yogurt

Sift dry ingredients together. Beat egg lightly and mix with sour cream and yogurt. Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix just until blended. Spray muffin tin with PAM. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, bake 15-18 min at 400 degrees.

Makes 8, about 108 cals each. If you make 6 muffins, bake a minute or two longer until golden brown. The calories will be around 135.
    _____

It's clear and cold here this morning, not a cloud in sight. :love: I'll do my exercises then get down to the track and do a couple of miles. I need to do a couple of miles of cleaning around this house, too. If it warms up a little this afternoon I'll buzz down to the gardens and do a little work. The dogs love going to the park there, it's where I walk them most days, playing soccer in the field with the terrier while Buggs the heeler strolls around and rolls in goose poop. Life is good for my two doggies. What could be better than fresh goose droppings? :sick: Oh, now my stomach doesn't feel so good lol.

I've been reading up on making tamales, checking a couple of different methods. I've made them before, but it's been a couple of years. We roasted the beef yesterday, I bought the masa, corn husks and the dried California chilies for making the sauce. Yum, I can hardly wait. We'll make them tomorrow. Tonight I think I might make orange-chipotle chicken breasts with cilantro rice. Here's a link to the recipe if anyone's interested. It's very good, rather spicy with the chipotle!

http://www.food.com/recipe/orange-chipotle-chicken-with-cilantro-rice-475544

Wishing you all a wonderful day! :flowerforyou: Eat light, for tomorrow there'll be tamales! :tongue:

:smile: jb
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound yesterday morning and it is still missing this morning. :bigsmile: We actually have a dry day again today, and I want to get outside and enjoy it. So far DH is still asleep in bed. There was just a little bit of slick when I let the dog off the deck for his morning "rest break." We haven't had a hard frost yet this year, and our historical first frost date is early November. My fuchsias are still blooming outside. I told a neighbor that we'll soon be living in California without even moving--warmer weather and worse traffic is already here.:frown:

Michelle, I hope your husband is feeling better and his health is more stable. I don't really know what tachacardia means, but I think it is accelerated or erratic heart beats. My husband has health issues, too, and I know how hard it is to be strong for them and hide your own panic. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

I hope all of you have a good day today.
  • c0c0nn0r
    Options
    bump
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Didn't make it to church because I think I've caught someones virus! Sore throat and coughing. It's still cold (for TX) so I'm staying in. I have a new DVD, Leslie Sansone so I'll do that later.
    Do any of you have the Nike Fuel Bank? I got one for Christmas and noticed several on the message board were discussing how ti integrate it to MFP. So far, I've just ignored the calories burned information.
    Michelle - so scary about Vince's health scare. Glad things got back to normal quickly. Does it happen often?
    LindaS - Happy Birthday to DH. Enjoy each and everyday together. I can relate to the cold for your area. We were so warm (80's) right before Christmas then we had snow and it's been cold ever since.
    All the magazines and papers have ideas for getting healthy in 2013. I'm going to keep doing what I was doing before the holidays but all more exercise into the routine. WW also has a new program called 360 degrees. Don't know if I'll go back or not. I've done better in a few months at MFP than I did in years at WW.
    Rats (sorry Jane) just ate two pieces of chocolate. The good news is there isn't any more. Don't know why I did that!!!
    BBT
    Sue
    My new motto is: if it is to be, it's up to me.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all,
    I have not logged on here much which is crazy, as I am on my iPad all the stinking time! I'm sure I'd lose more weight if I'd put it down and get my behind up off the couch!!
    Sue-I hope you feel better soon!
    Michelle-How frightening!!hope your husband does not have another episode like that anytime soon!
    Katia-good job on your lost pound!
    Sorry, that's all I have time for now. Time to go!
    Nancy from Tennessee
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely friends. I only have a couple minutes here to say hi. New Years is almost upon us! We bought the wii fit yesterday and DH will set it up later. I can't wait to try it out! Peace and joy to all of you and I'll visit more tomorrow. Meg