April challenge

Options

Replies

• lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in (although I hope I can lose more than 10 )
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    To anyone who thinks they went overboard on Easter... I ate 32 PEEPS!!!! :sick: Yikes!
  • lmmarsh
    lmmarsh Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey Challengers
    I am down 2 lbs this week. Next week will likely be another story after the whole easter thing. I didn't just eat candy, I ate everything I could get my hands on, including pizza, bread stuffing, rolls, etc. No logging for me this weekend. Such is life. Today is a new day ... good luck to everyone!
    Lisa
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    OMG I almost forgot that tomorrow is weigh in day for me for this challenge - wish me luck!!! To Steph_135 - I peeing in my pants when I saw the whole 32 Peeps!!!!!!! It is not funny - but it is funny - sorry - I am sure you will get back on board this week.

Good Luck to all of you who weigh in tomorrow moring!!!!!!!!!!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day on Easter, ate everything in sight. Felt horrible that night and I am back on track. Never want that feeling again. Stepped on the scale and the difference from Easter morning to monday morning was 3.5 pounds. I have to hope that half that is water gain. Not looking for a loss this week, but to maintain would be great. Weigh in is technically tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I drank enough water in the past 2 days to flush that stuff out!
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    I am really just beginning this challenge and this is the first time counting calories. I would love to lose weight before Memorial weekend. I cycle and will start weight training at home. So I hope this will keep my metabolism balanced. I love this website! Any suggestions are welcome....:-)
  • syl312
    syl312 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge... Now what? :smile:
  • twilliams958
    Options
    I'm in... let me know what I'm suppose to do. I'm new to all this, but it sounds like fun!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have lost 1.8 so far :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    To Steph_135 - I peeing in my pants when I saw the whole 32 Peeps!!!!!!! It is not funny - but it is funny - sorry - I am sure you will get back on board this week.
    weidner... It is kinda funny. I almost but a ":laugh:" at the end of my post, so it's ok. I forgive you. :wink: I'm already back on board. :happy: I always eat non-stop when I go home, and I don't know why!! IT REALLY BUGS ME!! (No self-control! Horrible environment for over-eating! A holiday with candy!)
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    Steph_135
    Like you, I also eat non stop after I get home. I'm an emotional eater. And here lately, I've had alot going on. So I've been eating every thing in sight. I do fine while away from home, but then I make up for it once I open the front door.
    I live off and on with my daughter. She's 19, so she stays with friends a lot. When I'm home alone, I think about food...the wrong kind.
    I'm really going to try to do it this time. Let's help each other stay motivated.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, 2daughtermom!

When I'm alone at home (away from my family), that's when I eat the best, but when I see my family with all their horrible eating habits (not eating at the table, eating all the time, the place is generally a mess, and I have to live in a small space with them), it's really hard not to just eat with them. I eat mostly out of boredom, and there is NOTHING to do at home. I think I need a job or something... :smile:

I think what we need to do is find out what our triggers really are. Why are we really over-eating when we are at home?
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    Ok... I really blew it yesterday. So, I'm holding myself accountable. I overshot my total calorie intake by 900. Yeah... 900!
    No excuses, it's just that I didn't stay from the table when I needed to. I ate when I didn't need to--however you want to put it.

I'm taking this challenge seriously. So, if I come up short, I don't want it to be from the lack of trying.

Take care and have a great day!!

-Jeff
  • debbiednkeller
    Options
    My weigh in is Wednesday's here at work...........I lost 1 lb; i thought it would be more......i was really good this weekend and i have been working out at least 5 days a week. But a loss is a loss and i will take it!!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!!!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I started April at 170 and am still at 170! I have hit one of those infamous plateaus! I started switching up my routine with different workout times, lengths, intensity, etc. Plus I splurged on my calorie intake. hopefully that will shake things up a bit!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Okay today was my weigh in day and I lost 3 pounds (YEAH FOR ME)!!!!!! I was not awful over the holiday weekend, but I did not deprive myself either. So I have another 7 pounds to lose to meet this goal of 10 pounds for the month of April.

For those of you who did not do so well over the holiday weekend - put it behind you and just move forward we can ALL do this. Anything that you want bad enough is never easy.

Steph-132 - the peeps are behind you now just keep moving and you'll get there. When you want something to eat, just think about what you will look like in a bathing suit this summer and hopefully that will be enough to keep you from putting it in your mouth. Drink lots of water and start to do something so you are not eating out of boredom; I try and read on the nights that I have too few calories left to eat - so try and employ different strategies to help you from your boredom eating!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    I also eat out of boredom. I work six days a week and pig out when I get home. I've been having a lot of stress lately. I know that makes me eat. I've taken up tae kwan do. Hopefully, it will help tone and firm. I'm looking forward to going to Portland, ME in August to see my daughter and grand daughter. I want to lose at least 20-30 pounds before then.
    WE CAN DO THIS. I KNOW WE CAN. We'll just have to keep cheering each other on.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I started April at 170 and am still at 170! I have hit one of those infamous plateaus! I started switching up my routine with different workout times, lengths, intensity, etc. Plus I splurged on my calorie intake. hopefully that will shake things up a bit!
    You're OK, northstar... I started in mid-February at 195, and guess what... :blushing:

weidner... Congrats! You're doing fantastic! Thanks for your words of inspiration. :flowerforyou: The peeps are in the past. You are right about thinking about that bathing suit. I have to stop giving into short-term pleasures, and start looking at the bigger picture. I actually did some reading last night when I was hungry and only had 3 calories left. :bigsmile: Thanks for sharing strategies. I have to come up with a NOVEL of ideas to keep my busy the next time I go home.

2daughtermom... Congrats on doing tae kwan do! If you're feeling stressed, maybe you can make time for 5 minutes of meditation or deep breathing, or have a relaxing bubble bath. Even some stretching might help you de-stress.
  • anthonyusher87
    Options
    I thought I'd give myself a couple of days off for Easter this week and after a full cooked breakfast, 3 slices of Cheesecake, 2 big bags of Sensations and a whole host of other goodies I shouldn't of eaten I was dreading my weigh-in today.

I jumped (not literally) on the scales this morning and to my surprise I've lost another 4lb, how I don't know.

The only explanation I can come up with is that I have a pretty hectic job, which involves a lot of heavy lifting and I've been running 1-2 miles about 4-5 times a week. I still didn't expect a whole 4lbs to come off though....

Start of month - 188lbs
    After Week one - 184lbs
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today-no loss no gain. I will continue my workouts and healthy eating in hopes of breaking this stale mate I call 147 pounds! I think I have been at this weight or just around it (between 145-148) since I started MFP. What the heck?