hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• nomorecookiedough
    Options
    I am kinda.
    38DD

I need to lose weight, so I can play the lead part in ballet.

I hope I can lose weight in 6 months. And good luck with your goal. :)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Body Type Calculator

Results

bust 40"
    waist 26"
    hips 37"

Your body shape: Hourglass

Most common female body shapes
    The following are the four most common female body shapes:

Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple-shaped women have broader shoulders and bust, and narrower hips.

Banana, or straight (rectangular)
    Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement.

Pear, Spoon, or Bell (triangle upward)
    Pear-shaped women's hip measurements are greater than their bust measurements.

Hourglass Shape (triangles opposing, facing in)
    Here, the hip and bust are almost of equal size, with a narrow waist.

A study of more than 6,000 women conducted at North Carolina State University in 2005 revealed that 46% of women were banana-shaped; just over 20% were pear-shaped; just under 14% were apple-shaped; and only 8% were hourglass-shaped. The hourglass is normally accepted as the "ideal" female shape in Western countries.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ladies... I thought you measured your shoulders, natural waist, hips. That your shoulders and hips should be within an inch of each other, and your waist 8-15 inches smaller than hips and shoulders. Your bust doesn't have anything to do with it.

I agree with you, because I see plenty of people with big boobies and hips who don't look very curvy or who look pear shaped, and likewise, I see people (including me) with smaller boobies but almost/matching hips to shoulders who look like .. a sillouhette of an hourglass, but some people don't agree.

Oh well.

"Some people" don't agree because you're wrong: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

Results
    Sorry your body is not in the 4 shapes we calculate.

*fun happy sidenote - in fashion and in vintage it is the measurements of shoulders/hips - because bust has nothing to do with a face on silhouette.

:)
    Somewhere back in this thread, I posted my torso shots and you can see the hourglass silhouette looking at my bust, waist and hips. The rib cage is wider at the bust on someone with my shape than on a pear. Thing is, you won't find many women with the bust/waist/hip measurements of an hourglass who don't have broad shoulders. They kind of go together. So you could measure either and get the hourglass measurements.

I guess, though, someone who is a pear who gets breast implants wouldn't look very hourglassy.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Ladies... I thought you measured your shoulders, natural waist, hips. That your shoulders and hips should be within an inch of each other, and your waist 8-15 inches smaller than hips and shoulders. Your bust doesn't have anything to do with it.

I agree with you, because I see plenty of people with big boobies and hips who don't look very curvy or who look pear shaped, and likewise, I see people (including me) with smaller boobies but almost/matching hips to shoulders who look like .. a sillouhette of an hourglass, but some people don't agree.

Oh well.

"Some people" don't agree because you're wrong: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

Oh look, I can post links too: http://www.carissarose.com/clothes-for-hour-glass-shapes/
    http://www.thechicfashionista.com/determine-your-body-shape.html

wow ok you dont have to talk to us like we're damn idiots. what did we ever do to you?

yoovie is right.... "*fun happy sidenote - in fashion and in vintage it is the measurements of shoulders/hips - because bust has nothing to do with a face on silhouette. "
    A study of the shapes of over 6,000 women, carried out by researchers at the North Carolina State University circa 2005, found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[18] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today's[when?] women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[18]

"Dimensions"

A woman's "dimensions" are often expressed by the circumference around the three inflection points. For example, "36-29-38" in imperial units would mean a 36″ bust, 29″ waist and 38″ hips.

A woman's bust measure is a combination of her rib cage and breast size. For convenience, a woman's bra measurements are used. For example, though the measurements are not consistently applied, a woman with a bra size of 36B has a rib cage of 36 inches in circumference and a bust measure of 38 inches; a woman with a bra size 34C has a rib cage of 34 inches around, but a smaller bust measure of 37 inches. However, the woman with a 34C breast size will appear "bustier" because of the apparent difference in bust to ribcage ratio.

Height will also affect the appearance of the figure. A woman who is 36-24-36 at 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m) height will look different from a woman who is 36-24-36 at 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) height. Since the taller woman's figure has greater distance between measuring points, she will likely appear thinner or less curvaceous than her shorter counterpart, again, even though they both have the same BWH ratio. This is because the taller woman is actually thinner as expressed by her lower BMI, or body mass index, used to measure body weight in relation to height.

The use of BWH measurements for anything other than garment fitting is thus misleading. BWH is an indicator of fat distribution, not fat percentage.

The British Association of Model Agents (AMA) says that female models should be around 34-24-34 (86-60-86 cm) and at least 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) tall.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Oh well.

Oh look, I can post links too: http://www.carissarose.com/clothes-for-hour-glass-shapes/
    http://www.thechicfashionista.com/determine-your-body-shape.html

wow ok you dont have to talk to us like we're damn idiots. what did we ever do to you?

.....? Is that to me or...? Because I didn't quote you and wasn't talking to you at all.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Oh well.

Results
    Sorry your body is not in the 4 shapes we calculate.

*fun happy sidenote - in fashion and in vintage it is the measurements of shoulders/hips - because bust has nothing to do with a face on silhouette.

:)
    Somewhere back in this thread, I posted my torso shots and you can see the hourglass silhouette looking at my bust, waist and hips. The rib cage is wider at the bust on someone with my shape than on a pear. Thing is, you won't find many women with the bust/waist/hip measurements of an hourglass who don't have broad shoulders. They kind of go together. So you could measure either and get the hourglass measurements.

I guess, though, someone who is a pear who gets breast implants wouldn't look very hourglassy.

I posted my pics too. I do not have small shoulders or a small upper body. I have a wider shoulder with a waist that goes drastically in. I just happen to have smaller titties. My rib cage is not small.

63621_10200280558317026_1250695616_n.jpg

483599_10200195548871843_1085985235_n.jpg
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" currently
    37 bust (lost 4)
    29 waist (lost 4)
    37 hips (lost 4)
    Got a way to go for that "winning hand" (36/24/36) dam waist!!!!!
  • Turnert0728
    Options
    I'm 5"5

I have a hour glass shape. My measurements are 39-33-44.5

I want to lose about 20 pounds, I'm currently at 185.

I want to get my bust back down to 36
    My waist to about 27, where is used to be
    and My hips about 40 or 39.
  • charmuk24
    charmuk24 Posts: 1
    Options
    Height 5.7
    weight 9 stone
    Bust 34
    Waist 24
    Hips 39"

Am I hour glass or pear?
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Starting corset training soon! wooo! xx
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've always been described as curvy/hour glass etc but honestly, it's just my huge boobs. It's more noticeable since I've lost a little weight. My bra size is a UK 32GG (got measured last weekend to be sure). I'm on a weight loss mission mainly to try and shrink the boobs as I suffer really badly with back pain and purse pain from the price of bras!!! lol

I now weigh 146lbs (13lbs off my "ideal weight for my height"). Pretty sure I'm not going to be able to get down to that weight because of the weight I must carry in my chest. I am thinking that I may have to resort to surgery to reduce my cup size.

Anyone else have the same problem?
  • Litebritemamma
    Litebritemamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm def an hr glass. Even after having my son,lol. When I ask people how much I weigh they usually say 190ish. I wish it's actually 253 now. I've have c cups or bigger since middle school. And they don't go Away. I have flip-flopped up and down in weight for many years. Even at size 8 I had d cups. I guess I'm glad I carry my weight well but I know where I'm at and I don't wanna be here.

I want to be back in an 8 before my son turns 2.
    Measurements: 50-31-51
  • aly5077
    aly5077 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    now: 36, 27, 37 goal: 35, 26, 35. I'm 5' 7", but I have a medium-light frame. My thighs are actually where I wish I could loose some size! My goal is more: Look good in skinny jeans and less: hit this weight or hit these set of measurements.
  • aly5077
    aly5077 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's corset training?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and last I measured,

my measurements were:
    -bust (largest point) 31.5"
    -waist (smallest point) 24"
    -hips (largest point) 33"
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I now weigh 146lbs (13lbs off my "ideal weight for my height"). Pretty sure I'm not going to be able to get down to that weight because of the weight I must carry in my chest. I am thinking that I may have to resort to surgery to reduce my cup size.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I'm a 32DD or 32F (brand dependence lol) at my goal size. I would never consider a breast reduction. I like being an hourglass and don't want to turn myself into a pear.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I believe I am:

5'
    chest :44.3
    waist : 34
    hips: 43.5

These measurements are from March. I need to retake them next week.
  • Raeesa777
    Raeesa777 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bust : 37inches
    waist : 32
    hips : 37
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd have my breasts reduced but obviously to a size that wouldn't make me look like a pear (although I don't have much of a bum or hips anyway). I'm considering surgery because I look so out of proportion.
    I love being hourglass but the chest takes it to the extreme!! lol
  • buttfacebennett
    Options
    I have a SERIOUS hourglass
    41-28-40

And I'm 5'1