ladies.. what did u crave when you were pregnant?..

Options

Replies

• marthathebear
    Options
    I only have one child and when I was pregnant with her I craved canteloupe! I ate it all the time. My friends said she would come out orange. The funny thing is she was jaundiced since she was slightly premature and she did come out golden colored. Maybe there was something to that!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    With my daughter, I went through a couple phases, rather than "cravings" - 1st trimester I was all about salad; 2nd trimster it was hot sauce, everything involved hot sauce… 3rd trimester it was cheez its.

This time around, it's currently grapefruit and bagels with cream cheese, but I'm sure that will change in a couple weeks…
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    nothing - but I had a bucket load of food aversions - meat, slimy vegetables, garlic, onion, minty stuff, spices etc etc.

I was pretty much on a toddler diet for both pregnancies - white food (white bread, mac and cheese, plain milkshakes!).

I lost 7kgs in my first trimester with my son.

I do not recommend it. (and this is why the HCG diet seems so idiotic to me. HCG made me feel constantly seasick. blech)
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Roast beef sandwiches from the gas station. They had to be from the gas station.

But, be careful... don't let those cravings trick you into overeating.

I gained twice as much as I needed to during pregnancy.

You don't actually need to eat much more, just eat healthy, and eat enough, but not more.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After not having eaten red meat and only chicken for 3 years, when I was pregnant I craved red meat and could bare the thought of chicken (funnily this is my daughters taste buds now).

Also couldn't get enough apple juice (2L a day!) Ridiculonk!

Was craving champagne something shocking but didn't succumb.

Ate a lot of ice!!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    The number one thing was Lemonade.. all the time
    Then Red Meat- Steak, Hamburger. Od because before I got pregnant, I hadn't had red meat in almost a year.
    Hot sauce on everything- Which made my already bad heart burn worst, but i loved it
    Fruit- Mostly Watermelon
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    milkshakes, pickles, and marshmallows. couldn't have the pickles with the shakes, but would make mini sandwiches with the marshmallows
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    with my daughter it was sour slurpees and milk (not together though....yuck)

with my son it was just sour slurpees.....but I ate everything in sight just because.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    tomatoes
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    35 yrs ago I craved liver sausage and onion and chocolate ice cream.. Not all together, but it I would have thought of it,, I might have. lol
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I only have one child and when I was pregnant with her I craved canteloupe! I ate it all the time. My friends said she would come out orange. The funny thing is she was jaundiced since she was slightly premature and she did come out golden colored. Maybe there was something to that!
    haha speaking about this.. i ded my hair blonde alot with bleach when i was pregnant and i always thought the chemicals soaked through my brain- weird yes i know lol- and my son turned out with a light brown hair.... he was supposed to have black hair.. it may be genes lol but i still kinda blame it on my bleach... hehehehe.... i love his hair color though
  • avalentineb
    avalentineb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Dairy!!!!! Of all kinds, and now he is allergic.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I craved cinnamon & anything green turned my stomach
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    35 yrs ago I craved liver sausage and onion and chocolate ice cream.. Not all together, but it I would have thought of it,, I might have. lol
    oh!!!! speaking of this!! i craved vanilla ice cream and tobbasco sauce together!!!! i mixed it all around and ate it..... YUCK!!!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    With my first, cheeseburgers from friendly's. had to be friendly's. and...Couldn't drink oj. Enjoyed chicken nuggets dipped in McDonald's hot fudge sundaes. Mmmm...

With my second, lasagna. Couldn't stomach plain tomato though.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Dairy!!!!! Of all kinds, and now he is allergic.
    oh thats really sad im sorry... my stepdad is allergic to chicken and turkey wouldnt that suck!!!! did u give dairy to him when he was in his first year?.... because i know u gotta let ur kids experiment many foods or they will become allergic to it...
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell with both kids. Steak with my daughter. Chocolate milk with my son. My son loves chocolate milk, and they both love Taco Bell.
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I craved baked potatoes and oranges. And when the craving hit, I wanted it NOW! With my following five pregnancies I craved nothing.

Some Foods that I normally loved, I couldn't even stand the smell or the site of them. Some were ice cream, hamburger, tuna........their look and smell nauseated me. But once the child was delivered......everything tasted wonderful again! Strange...........
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I craved something that I could not have because I was a few million years too late. I was watching a monster movie, and this brontosauras went lumbering by. I looked at his thigh, and I started to imagine what it would taste like from a grill. after suffering for a couple weeks, my craving shifted to something extremely gross called "oil sausage". Jeez, those were gigantic vienna sausages in a gigantic can soaking in freaking oil. those i was able to get.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Since I had Hyperemisis Gravadrum {what Kate Middleton has} with all 4 pregnancies, whatever I could keep down I ate. 1st pregnancy: anything RED...red hots, red candy, red liquourice etc. 2nd pregnancy: Kentucky Fried Chicken's cole slaw and chocolate covered caramels, 3rd: spicy EVERYTHING!!!!, 4th: Fettuccini Alfredo and salads!