men

Options
123457»

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    men like women of ALL sizes, infact if I use myself as an example in my personal experience I have had more men be attracted to me when I am overweight then when I was in the best and most fit shape of my life. So dont use weight as an excuse to hide yourself behind, get out there, show off your radiant personality and attract them to you already, it will happen, just shine girl, shine!
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have to admit - before coming to this site, and reading some of these threads, I firmly believed that there were only a small portion of men, on the odd side, that only liked EXTREMELY heavy women - i.e., 100 + lbs overweight.

So then you get into the this scenario - what if you are not 100+ overweight (anymore!!:) ) but yet, not perfect or within a healthy BMI yet either.

What about those of us that are in between? I'm on the heavier side, admittedly, but am no longer in the 100+ overweight category. I am happily married, and have been with my husband now for nearly 19 years. That said, there's a part of me, that would like to know how I'd fare in the dating world, if I were to be in that boat. I don't have a desire to be, but I guess there's always that part of you that wants to know if you'd have any luck :)

I'm not some young 20 something, and probably am out of the realm for 95% of the guys on here :) One thing I do know, I am an independent, confident, happy, woman, with a good career. I don't 'NEED' a man, but by all means, want one (and have a Great one). I'd like to reach a point in my journey, where I'd get hit on - just for the boost if you catch my drift.

Might not be there yet, and at my age, maybe it won't ever happen, but - BUT - eh - I'm ok with that too. I've got a decent package deal, so even if something ever did happen with my DH, I truly don't think I'd have a problem.

But, yes, it would be massively cool to get hit on :) I'll probably go out one day with some girlfriends, when I lose some more (Doing crossfit now), just to see if it happens :)
  • elbandito
    Options
    This isn't going to be popular with Men or with the girls asking the question;

In general, we like what we're told to like by the media. Whatever it is held up as the 'womanly ideal' in our modern society. There's a reason why pin-up models were painted on the nose of WWII bombers, or Marilyn Monroe was a huge success, or that Scarlett Johanssen is a draw-card in movies. This is what we're told to like (and while there will be variations on this), in general, that's what we desire.