Anyone gonna be one of "those" gym people on Jan.1?

Options
Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.
    And people like me will be glad to see you there. I have been in the gym for the last 5 years. I always love to see new people and most importantly, I love to see them in March. ;)

Stick with it!
  • sleepy11
    Options
    Kind of. I'm going back to the gym on NYE to try to get a headstart. Maybe some of the staff will recognize me but I doubt many of the regulars will. Have fun at the gym!
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    i am hoping to have surgery in January so mid February for me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If I actually join a gym, it won't be until like May or later....so I won't be part of the New Year's/January rush..lol.
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll be there but I've been 5 days a week for months. I was in the gym at 9am on boxing day.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You go for it! I've been noticing a lot of people signing up at my gym. I always love seeing new people and I hope that they keep coming.
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I postulate that people who start Jan 1 have a higher chance of sticking with it than those who decide they'll "wait till Monday" and start on Jan 7. Change starts now.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'll be there! But I've been going at least 2 times a week since I signed up in November.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Don't make a Jan 1st resolution. Make a June 1st resolution. As in, you're going to start going to the gym this week and you're gong to go 3-4 times per week, every week, until June. If you're still going in June, you won't have to make any more resolutions because it will be ingrained in you.

As a bonus, if you're still going in June you can look forward to starting your own "I hate noobs" thread in December
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see new faces! Been a member since last March but just renewed before Thanksgiving. (month to month thing) I'll have new people to race on the elliptical. ^_^
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym. Haven't ever stopped working out and eating well. Holidays come every year and I refuse to be one of the people yo yo-ing all year again. I quit smoking on Jan. 6th, 2012 - almost one year in. I started eating well and working out/lifting in April 2012. I was thinking that this may be the first year in my entire life that I can't think of a health related resolution to make. That feels so good! :wink:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not me - but I shall be on my cross trainer at home! Good luck everyone!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Fresh meat
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The betting pools are open on the people who will stick to it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Gotta get my free YMCA (New Years Day) tshirt!!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to had an "open weekend" where anyone could go and use the facilities for free on Saturday and Sunday.... boy was it hard work to get anything done. The main swimming pool is laned for swimming lengths, but there were families playing on the ropes, and in the "fast lane" with no intention of swimming... why they didnt go in the other pool or the spa I dont know. All I know is that it made it very difficult for me to do my mile swim before my aqua-aerobics class.
    As a relative newcomer to the gym, I was trying to be understanding, but I just found it so difficult to get into the" zone" yesterday.... oh well... its no longer free for people, so there will be many less there until their next promotion, so even with the January rush, it will seem quiet, compared to this weekend :)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st is my rest day
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'll be there in February when the dr releases me to go back!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If I could, I would. If I could afford a gym membership right now, I'd definitely be one of the noobs, wandering round and looking a bit lost. I've got plenty of New Year's Resolutions and new goals for January,, and after last year, I know they can be achievable, so don't let anyone put you off!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    no--stopping my gym membership when up in Feb. I'll be doing mine from home and saving my $49 this year.