Anyone gonna be one of "those" gym people on Jan.1?

Options

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I will, the gym my area has a REALLY good deal for the new year, other wise I wouldn't be able to afford the £79 a month membership fees...though I do still go (my friend who works there lets me in once in a while)
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will be starting January 1st after a long dry spell... but my "gym" is my living room.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Kind of. I use my apartment gym and have been going for about a week. I've noticed a couple more people down there in the last three days.

Honestly, it gives me this odd push. Like another poster said, someone else to race against!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    no--stopping my gym membership when up in Feb. I'll be doing mine from home and saving my $49 this year.
    Well done for being motivated Debbie. I will continue to do martial arts and HIIT workouts at home. My bro-in-law wants to sign up to a gym though.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Not as a newbie, but I'm hoping to get a workout in tomorrow. i'm curious to see how busy it gets.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Regular gym goer here but my gym is closed tomorrow so I'll be out for a run instead.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yep, that will be me. :/ A local gym has a nice special for a year of only 8 bucks a month so I had to jump on that. I wanted to buy my own treadmill and weights to lift for my house but with that price I will save money to just go to the gym. I can't go out and run in this weather so to the gym I go. I am pretty scared of lifting there though. This gym seems to be all bulky men in the lifting area and I don't really look forward to taking my soft squishy self over there and lifting with them. :o
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been going sporadically, but hoping to revive a regular workout routine starting on the first!
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't make a Jan 1st resolution. Make a June 1st resolution. As in, you're going to start going to the gym this week and you're gong to go 3-4 times per week, every week, until June. If you're still going in June, you won't have to make any more resolutions because it will be ingrained in you.

As a bonus, if you're still going in June you can look forward to starting your own "I hate noobs" thread in December

I like this!! Yes, I'm going to be one of the noobs at my gym when they reopen Wednesday. I'm super excited - they focus on strength training - I think they only have 1 treadmill in the whole place. Kettlebells here I come!!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I will be going back today and hopefully getting back into the routine.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Not me, I can't afford it!
  • melmckay99
    Options
    It doesn't matter what your reasons are for joining a gym, as long as you keep going!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I work in a gym, and it really is amazing to see the number of people who come through our doors in January, Febuary and March. For ever 4 quitters there is one who stays motivated and I love to see it. I love seeing people come in to make a positive changem and sticking with it! It is inspiring!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Nope, sticking to my home gym and walking/running outdoors. My home gym is my counter top, my ipad, a yoga mat, a small and large inflatible exercise ball, and small hand weights. Oh, my wii fit! Good luck to all who kick off the new year in a gym!

PS... now those of you joining an adult ballet class, yoga or barre class.. you might see me in February !
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well I've not been to the gym for a month of uni work, plan to go back again.

Not sure that really counts.
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.
    And people like me will be glad to see you there. I have been in the gym for the last 5 years. I always love to see new people and most importantly, I love to see them in March. ;)

Stick with it!

I feel the same way. I started in April when my gym had its grand opening i've seen alot of faces come and go but myself and a handful of others have stuck with it. To see the change in the faces of myself and the others whe have changed their lives is worth all the sweat and pain. It doesn't matter what day you start your resolution, only that you start and never give up. It will be worth it I promise.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be too hungover to be at the gym Jan. 1st
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    YEP! I'll be in my home gym but then ill be in my school gym following the first so that way in May I can come back and people will be like dang diggity dog!
  • buchbrun64
    Options
    I will, I will be there today too! I haven't missed a single workout in the past three months. It is a my link to sanity and my stress reducer. I started working out in May of 2011 but then went through a traumatic divorce after 31 years of marriage. I continued to go but was not there consistently like I am now. As the now single mom of six, four of whom are under seven, they are my biggest motivator! My four year old son said, "When I grow up, I want to have tattoos and muscles like you mommy." Love it. I can be an inspiration for them!!!! I will be there every day this week except for Sunday.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'll be there. But it won't be new for me. I've been going just about every day for over a year now.