New Year's Eve - how many drinks?

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend is working, so my plan is to drink a glass and a half of champagne before passing out on the couch at 11pm with my dog.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    About to crack our first bottle of bubbly right now..Midnight is only a couple of hours away here :)

Happy New Year everyone !!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Unknown. One of my best friends is coming over late this afternoon, and the beer/wine will probably start then. The four of us will probably go through a few bottles of wine and a couple other cocktails before the night is through. I'm over 40 and know my limits :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I'm actually staying in for the first time since I was about 16, which also means no hangover on New Years day for the first time in 14 years. However I'm brewing up some warm spiced cider to enjoy and am not intending to log the cals. Last blow out of 2012.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    PLENTY! I'LL BE SWIMMING IN A SEA OF CHAMAPGNE!!!!!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Drinking = calories. How many drinks do you all think it's ok to drink without totally derailing tonight?
    One night isn't going to derail your overall weight loss/maintenance. Even if it comes at the end of an extended holiday period of indulgence, the calories of this one night aren't going to make or break anything.
  • billuaa
    Options
    I have a giant bottle of gin, diet tonic, and limes. I'm done with work around 4. I'm gonna sit on my couch and drink til I puke. Therefore, it'll be free calories.

LOL this is the best, and would understand if you were serious ;)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    0 for me. I have to work tomorrow....I'll be in bed long before the ball drops.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I'm getting blitzed tonight.

^ This. Drink ALL the things!
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    Six Bud Select 55's. In other words, no alcohol.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A big drinking night for me is 4-6 drinks over the course of the night. I drink scotch on the rocks. That much alcohol is certainly bad for you, but the calories aren't that bad at 80 per 1.5 oz shot. I just think of it as a meal, skip a snack and have about half as much as a normally would for dinner.
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you can still count how many drinks you've had than you haven't had enough. Lol
  • STLMel
    STLMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to keep ti to 3 or 4 drinks, going to the gym this morning to earn them. :-)
    My anniversary of my weight loss in Jan. 2 and don't want to mess that up by going overboard tonight, would even like
    to the numbers go down a bit more by then.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Until I am numb and void of all feelings.......
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It depends totally on what you drink.
  • If you can still count how many drinks you've had than you haven't had enough. Lol

This :)
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get pretty drunk. I'm a light weight anyways and don't drink as much as I use to which wasn't much at all even then. I only do it on special occasions so one night every few months or so won't make a difference. I might get bloated and gain water weight, but that goes away. I know being tipsy or drunk makes you make bad food choices, but it's one night. What I do is get some bad treats and then other things I'll get for finger foods are veggies, fruit, some leaner meat choices and some of those cheese squares and whole wheat or whole grain crackers.
  • deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One glass of champage...about 100 calories....Happy New Year!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    maybe a couple glasses of wine, nothing major, so about 240 calories, 360 if 3 glasses, that will be it for me though...not worth it. however 3 glasses I will be lit lol :laugh:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't get all of this holiday abstaining stuff. You're not going to gain back a significant amount of weight eating or drinking in for a single day/night--so if NYE is your big night to drink, go for it, just don't go all out on a regular basis and you'll be fine. That said, I'm probably not drinking at all, too much work to do.