Has anyone ever tried Alli?

Options

Replies

• bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When it first came out. The first time I didn't really change my -- fast foods are primarily what I have for 2 meals/day habit, and had no ill effect, 'though it was kinda cool that whenever I pooped, there was orange fat floating on the top of the toilet water, LOL

I took a while off, and then started taking it again -- this time cooking at home/lower fat, and I got really gassy and kept staining my undies with fat farts :(
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    fat farts...too funny
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    fat farts...too funny

LOL right? I was a sexy beast thanks to Alli :laugh:

Seriously though OP. It was nasty and I ruined them all. Just trod along here on MFP and do it the right way :smile:
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would never want to try it. I have heard all about the leakage issue. No thanks!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It only works if you follow the freaking directions. People who poop themselves aren't following the directions. A coworker used it and lost her first 50 pounds. You can't eat more than 17 grams of fat per meal. Anything higher than that will cause anal leaking and nasty accidents. so no, you can't take it and still go eat McDonalds unless you plan carefully (no condiments on anything, no fries, etc)

I have other friends who took it and had success because they followed directions.
  • Companero1
    Companero1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The idea is to eat low fat and you'll get no side effects. So if you eat 4% fat in your meal, 1% of the fat won't be digested. The problems start when people eat bacon and eggs and high fat stuff. It becomes 40% fat consumed with 10% fat not digested. That 10% fat is going to come out by natural means......
    If you follow it and eat low fat, I'd say is it worth it. They have shown is studies that if used correcty for a year you can lose 2KG extra. Not much in a year considering the cost. Best just to diet slowly with a long term plan.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My friend used the stronger version, xenical, prescribed by her doctor. The only time she had an, um, leakage issue was when her dad had made dinner and used lots of oil and she didn't realise.

I think if you stick to low fat foods and exercise lots they will work, but then if you do that without the tablets you will lose weight too! I think they just work as an incentive to eat healthily. Not pooing yourself is definitely preferable to eating a slice of cheese :laugh:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The two major problems I see with this stuff:

1) Anything that causes uncontrollable, oily anal leakage just doesn't sound like a good idea. Losing weight does not have to mean being incontinent and wearing diapers.

2) It doesn't teach you anything about healthy eating. Dietary fat does not make you fat - excess calorie intake makes you fat. Your body needs a certain amount of fat in the diet. Teaching you to have an irrational fear of fat does absolutely nothing toward guiding you toward a healthy diet once you stop taking it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    My mother in law tried it. it was a lovely thanksgiving and christmas that year... screaming from the bathroom, etc.
  • ssotogarcia
    Options
    Side effects include anal leakage. Save your money and just learn to eat well and move more.

anal leakage as a side effect...nuff said...read no further. lol
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I thought about it and read the box. The warning label about the anal seepage stopped me in my tracks.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    2) It doesn't teach you anything about healthy eating.

This.

Also, you poop yourself.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in Egypt will have the same effect AND you get to take some happy snaps.

I can't vouch for Alli, but I can certainly vouch for this.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The idea is to eat low fat and you'll get no side effects. So if you eat 4% fat in your meal, 1% of the fat won't be digested. The problems start when people eat bacon and eggs and high fat stuff. It becomes 40% fat consumed with 10% fat not digested. That 10% fat is going to come out by natural means......
    If you follow it and eat low fat, I'd say is it worth it. They have shown is studies that if used correcty for a year you can lose 2KG extra. Not much in a year considering the cost. Best just to diet slowly with a long term plan.

^ this. I had no problems when I followed the directions. Once you stray from the directions though, it's not worth it!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I never had any weird anal issues when I used it. However, I was careful to watch my fat intake. So if you can do that, go for it.
  • TaterTotz777
    Options
    just take a trip to Mexico and drink some water, it has the same effects LOL
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have never once said I don't have enough anal leakage in my life - so nope haven't tried it. Never will.
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat right 80% of the time and exercise and not fall for a quick weightloss pill.