Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    You woke up at 4 to go potty-- I woke up at 5 with a killer charley horse in my calf-- ( is that redundant? Do you get charley horses anywhere else BUT the calf? And are they Charlie horses or charley horses? I wonder about these things)

Anyway-- I woke up hollering, "Ah! Ah! Ah!" Hobbled to the kitchen for a glass of water figuring I'm dehydrated, causing the cramp. I've been drinking veggie juice all week, with occasional water thrown in-- but with the heat this week, obviously not drinking enough. (plus, I have an extra pound or two to show for my veggie juice fast-- unfreaking real)

However, I'm one of the fortunate-- my head hits the pillow, I sleep-- bang, bang-- just that quick, too-- drives my husband crazy for obvious reasons-- ha.

Have a great day everyone--

Marla - I get these all the time. I think the horseback riding makes my calf want to be stretched (heels down, Janie!!), so when I stretch with my toes pointed my calf cramps up. What works for me is to flex my foot - by stretching out the calf again, it makes the charley horse go away. Not sure if it works for all, but worth a shot (and better than the screaming hobbling...).

I've gotten the same kind of cramping in my hamstrings. Its what you see sometimes when people play baseball and suddenly fall to the ground and grab the back of their leg. If I had my choice, I'd rather have it in the calf.

Hope you are feeling better.

All - I did ultimately fall victim to the peeps on the fridge... horrible failure... although I did log them..

I hope everyone has a great day.. Janie
  • janiebeth
    Options
    One more thought on charley horses (am i passionate about this topic?) - potassium helps..

Not sure if there is room in the veggie juice fast for a banana - but they are a lovely source..
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    One more thought on charley horses (am i passionate about this topic?) - potassium helps..

Not sure if there is room in the veggie juice fast for a banana - but they are a lovely source..

Thanks, Janie-- and yes, I did stretch the leg and flex the foot-- but it was not budging-- youch. The juice has tons of potassium, I checked on the bottle, and I've been on it for four days. My blood pressure medication has a warning that it depletes potassium and I've been on that for months--

it's hell getting old. :wink:
  • janiebeth
    Options

it's hell getting old. :wink:

I hear that sista!!!:tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I'm going to be hiring a personal trainer to help me with weight training-- that's been missing all this time. He's a cutie patootie-- great attitude, beautiful brown eyes, will work cheap and is very respectful-- ha-- my 14 year old, Aaron.

The lad, bless his heart, is very into fitness and weight training (and it shows, the creep) and works out faithfully every other night. So, I'm going to hire him $5 a week to be my trainer 3x a week-- don't know why I never thought of this sooner. The kid is tenacious-- with money on the line, he won't let me say no.

You wanna talk creep. This is my 27 year old brother (he was taking a pic of his tat, but you'll 'get the picture').
    todd.jpg?t=1270693106
    I have the same genes. Why don't my abs look like that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just thought this needed to be posted again!! :blushing: :blushing: :love:

Weight is still the same. I have been to the gym almost every day for a month and some days twice. Not really sure why I am still gaining and wondering why my muscles think they need to be like a body builders. I am happy with how they are now could someone please tell my body to start losing the fat now!!! :sad:

Marla I so wish I was up there to give that EFFING brother in law a swift kick in the HEAD!! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks, Sam-- he's a piece of ****, for sure--

You know, I've never considered myself really a very good judge of character. I generally like everyone-- and learn sometimes the hard way in life that some people are just crappy.

But, this guy-- from the minute I met him, and having really heard nothing about him from my husband, I didn't like him. Never have liked him. We'd get together for the family dinners early in our marriage (when we played the family game of getting together with people we detest because we feel we "have" to) and even though he was always "nice" to me, I just never liked him.

He'd treat my husband like a "comma-- " you know? He's six years older, and he still tried to treat hubs like he was insignificant-- the men in the room would have a conversation, hubs would interject something-- brother-in-law would pause, look at him, and then continue with the conversation-- made me furious-- the guy's just an *kitten*--

Sorry for all the language-- but, seriously-- the guy is just a piece of ****-- and sends his kids to Christian schools and colleges, and is an elder in his church-- and he's just a piece of ****.

So, I wish you were all up here to help me kick his butt. (yeah, she switches to butt now-- bwahaha)

Edited to remove names-- don't think hubs would appreciate it.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options

I'm going to be hiring a personal trainer to help me with weight training-- that's been missing all this time. He's a cutie patootie-- great attitude, beautiful brown eyes, will work cheap and is very respectful-- ha-- my 14 year old, Aaron.

The lad, bless his heart, is very into fitness and weight training (and it shows, the creep) and works out faithfully every other night. So, I'm going to hire him $5 a week to be my trainer 3x a week-- don't know why I never thought of this sooner. The kid is tenacious-- with money on the line, he won't let me say no.

You wanna talk creep. This is my 27 year old brother (he was taking a pic of his tat, but you'll 'get the picture').
    todd.jpg?t=1270693106
    I have the same genes. Why don't my abs look like that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just thought this needed to be posted again!! :blushing: :blushing: :love:

Weight is still the same. I have been to the gym almost every day for a month and some days twice. Not really sure why I am still gaining and wondering why my muscles think they need to be like a body builders. I am happy with how they are now could someone please tell my body to start losing the fat now!!! :sad:

Marla I so wish I was up there to give that EFFING brother in law a swift kick in the HEAD!! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Thank goodness the pic doesn't have his face on it. He might kill me for putting him out there to be drooled over. LOL Young punk anyway. You guys imagine what you want, sorry I can't go there with you. He's my brother. Eeeeeewww! I still say I have the same genetic make up and I want those abs! Guess I have to start working on that one.
  • 72lori
    Options
    You woke up at 4 to go potty-- I woke up at 5 with a killer charley horse in my calf-- ( is that redundant? Do you get charley horses anywhere else BUT the calf? And are they Charlie horses or charley horses? I wonder about these things)

Anyway-- I woke up hollering, "Ah! Ah! Ah!" Hobbled to the kitchen for a glass of water figuring I'm dehydrated, causing the cramp. I've been drinking veggie juice all week, with occasional water thrown in-- but with the heat this week, obviously not drinking enough. (plus, I have an extra pound or two to show for my veggie juice fast-- unfreaking real)

However, I'm one of the fortunate-- my head hits the pillow, I sleep-- bang, bang-- just that quick, too-- drives my husband crazy for obvious reasons-- ha.

Have a great day everyone--

I wonder such things too. I once googled what made the Downy Ball open, but only during the spin cycle. Silly things I need to know. It was such an easy explanation I should have realized it! I google all sorts of crazy stuff, just cause I'm curious.

I am a bedtime head hit the pillow fall asleep person. (My husband loves it too.) It's when I wake up close to morning and my brain switches into overdrive and all I want to do it jump out of bed and start doing what I'm thinking about that I have issues. Most likely why I was on the deck with a scrub brush at 6:45. :ohwell: I got in my gym time, went to Walmart, took the pool water to be tested, ate my snack, started laundry. Time to stain. I can hardly wait. Or not. But I'm going out and starting anyway. My mulch depends on it.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I think I'd be like you, Lori, if I had the house to myself. When they're all gone, which happens seldom, I usually start cleaning-- laundry, tidying-- I have my mother in me-- she never sat down until her house was immaculate. (to the naked eye-- she was a superficial cleaner-- believe me-- )

But, with the kids always afoot, ugh-- my stubbornness outweighs my neat streak. I refuse to spit into the wind or, as Jackie wrote on facebook, "brush my teeth while eating an Oreo-- " which is how she likened trying to clean the house when your kids are home.

My kids are never NOT home. Sighhhh--

That's where my Cruella DeVille kicks in. I won't live in a messy house, and I refuse to clean up messes I didn't make. So the kids have assigned chores. They don't always do 'em without a healthy, uh, motivation-- (read-- kick in the pants) but they have 'em just the same.

This morning, I got done with my typing, walked out and the kitchen was spotless. However, it must be said that the girls had a friend sleep over and they simply wanted to get outside quicker and know they weren't going anywhere until their chores were done.

I'm rambling-- really need to get off this computer-- as soon as the cat's away, I spend wayyyyyyyyy too much time "relaxing" at the computer-- I'm out of here for a bit.

Later, my friends-- and Lori, I'd kill to drool over your brother's face, too-- but I guess that would be kind of a creepy request.
    :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    feeling weak and shaky--

Veggie juice fast now concluded-- 4 days is all I can handle.

Swelling and pain better-- it's amazing. Psoriasis as rotten as ever-- but I'll take the less pain, thanks.

Food never tasted so good.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hubs 'invisibe' stain is quite visible. ........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm going to take pictures so I can share. I can't stop laughing.......

In all fairness to him, the sample in Lowes on pressure treated wood really did look like the plain pressure treated wood. HOWEVER, I have cleaned ours and used the brightener on it- as I read was the 'proper' way to do it- before I started the staining process. The bare wood does look really good right now. Too bad it wouldn't stay that way.

Still laughing....... and headed back to continue staining!
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Janie - Please forward all unwanted-Peeps to Lori-PA. :flowerforyou:

Lori - unfortunately for me (and perhaps for the peeps) I've never met a Peep I didn't want... :cry: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    DSC_0293.jpg?t=1270838002

DSC_0294.jpg?t=1270838061

Invisible stain.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options

Later, my friends-- and Lori, I'd kill to drool over your brother's face, too-- but I guess that would be kind of a creepy request.

A little creepy since he's a baby, :tongue: but you will find him on my Orlando Album on Facebook. I think he's a cutie, but hey, I'm biased.

Funny story, last summer when I was home I was at the gym he works at working out. We weren't even talking, I was on the other side of the gym, and one of his regulars asked him if I was his twin sister. Bro thought it was ridiculous. I thought it was funny. I'm 10 years older than him. Either makes me look young or him look old. Either way, I don't see a strong resemblence, but we must look enough alike for him to ask that.

Edit to add: My Ian looks a lot like my bro, so I guess there is something there....... and what the heck, I'll post the pic!
    IMG_0314.jpg?t=1270838915
  • Marla64
    Options
    DSC_0293.jpg?t=1270838002

DSC_0294.jpg?t=1270838061

Invisible stain.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what invisible stain?

Looks great-- I think.
  • Marla64
    Options
    well, Lori, I was going to say initially that if he looked anything like you, I bet he'd be dreamy-- but, that seemed odd. I mean, I think you're beautiful, don't get me wrong-- but not dreamy-- I mean, not that some people might not dream about you, just that I'm not one of them-- I mean--

Oh, nevermind--

He's dreamy.

• ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Janie - Please forward all unwanted-Peeps to Lori-PA. :flowerforyou:

Lori-FL - Is it bad that your posts make me laugh? Some shopping I hate too. For me it's bras. I have needed a new bra for the last couple months but hate shopping for them so badly that I've been squeezing into the ones I got after losing weight last year. :huh:

Naw, not wrong, my life is amusing to me, so why not others too.

See-- it's not just me, Lori--

You always just tickle my funny bone.

Kati-- where were you on the night of April 6th?

I was at home cooking dinner and snacking, snacking. snacking.
  • 72lori
    Options
    well, Lori, I was going to say initially that if he looked anything like you, I bet he'd be dreamy-- but, that seemed odd. I mean, I think you're beautiful, don't get me wrong-- but not dreamy-- I mean, not that some people might not dream about you, just that I'm not one of them-- I mean--

Oh, nevermind--

He's dreamy.

All you can see in your head is the ab picture, huh?
  • 72lori
    Options
    Is it sad that on my work breaks I stop in here to talk to my friends? You'd think I have none that verbally speak back...... oh well.

I just came to a sad realization. The stain I got IS the color of treated lumber. I spent 2 days cleaning it and making the wood bright and white and beautiful. Now I am going to spend countless days and hours turning it back to the same color it started. How sad is that? It seems wrong on so many levels. I guess I should rest better knowing my wood was properly prepared. :noway:
  • Marla64
    Options

Oh, nevermind--

He's dreamy.

All you can see in your head is the ab picture, huh?

4fvfcja.gif

Well, hi there, Lori's brother-- 121fs725372.gif