Cute but CHEAP workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Discount dance wear stores are really great. I own a ton of capezio stuff.

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/tops-and-bottoms/page1
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add you should be wearing your biggest diamonds while wearing the most expensive workout clothes possible. Goals cannot be reached by those that thing small.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add you should be wearing your biggest diamonds while wearing the most expensive workout clothes possible. Goals cannot be reached by those that thing small.

Pearls preferably. :wink:
  • petiteMom289
    Options
    Target. I've bought bottoms from Marshalls, as well. I go up and down in sizes so easily. It wouldn't make sense for me to spend a lot of money on workout clothes. I'm only 4'10". So 10lbs makes a big difference on me.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    <----only possible to do this whilst wearing under armour, no cheap workout clothes are going to help you reach your goals.

could i watch you do this while wearing your under armour gear that helped you accomplish this great feat
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Watch the sales racks at JCPenney. I have some things I got for less than $10.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Target, Kohl's, my only advice is skip WalMart - stuff lasts maybe a few washes if you're lucky. I swear I think they use tissue paper for thread. NOTHING More embarrassing than the seam splitting in your week old pants at the gym while you're doing squats.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i never understood the idea that just because you're looking for a cute outfit that fits you well somehow means you're not killing it in the gym. :laugh:
  • lynford100
    lynford100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Morning, if you live in a place that has one.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Old Navy (GREAT workout pants) - and actually Kohl's is where I've found really great sports bras.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Watch the sales racks at JCPenney. I have some things I got for less than $10.

I second this also. I got a bunch of really nice workout tanks at JCP on clearance last year, and they have held up very well. I paid less than $10 each for them, and they are every bit as nice as the Nike top I have.
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck at Meijer's for tops....inexpensive and pretty good quality!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    i never understood the idea that just because you're looking for a cute outfit that fits you well somehow means you're not killing it in the gym. :laugh:

I know, gosh, I'm such a slacker :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I feel confident when I wear more flattering clothes. For some reason it seems to make me work harder. Sure, there are days where I go in an old soccer t shirt, I'm not gainst it. Hell when I work out at home I work out in my undies, like someone else noted. God forbid I'd like some decent clothes in my wardrobe. No crime in that. My gym is also really picky about what you wear.

I'm with you on that one. I do work out in my undies at home, especially with yoga it helps me to get into and really work at the more advanced poses, but when I go to class or to a workshop week I like to feel confident and treat myself to gear that is specifically produced for the job.

You can find discounted stuff, especially this time of year when last year's designs are being cleared.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I get all of my stuff at the second hand store....I figure I could use the extra money on food...
  • kemdawson
    Options
    Academy usually puts some great stuff onto their sale racks. I periodically ck them out and have found some great outfits for much less. Also their BCG label has cute copies of other Nike, etc for much cheaper.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is currently having a workout clothes sale. $8 sports bras and $15 compression tops.

YES. I'm a little weary of Old Navy but a lot of people are saying really good things. Plus $8 for a sports bra, can't go wrong there.
    [/quote

I can guarantee an $8 sports bra from Old Navy is not going to give you support if you are larger breasted...
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I got some great cute sweatpants off the clearance rack at Kohls.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is currently having a workout clothes sale. $8 sports bras and $15 compression tops.

YES. I'm a little weary of Old Navy but a lot of people are saying really good things. Plus $8 for a sports bra, can't go wrong there.
    [/quote

I can guarantee an $8 sports bra from Old Navy is not going to give you support if you are larger breasted...

You can guarantee that the bra won't work? How can you guarantee that? I'm very chesty, and I buy cheap bras in a size too small and get excellent support. I get the 3 pack at Sam's for 12 bucks... and they work awesome. And they're half the price of the ON ones...
    Ya know, I get all of my stuff at the second hand store....I figure I could use the extra money on food...

Sorry... I can't buy gym clothes second hand. That's too much like getting used underwear to me. NOT happening.
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    I get some very nice workout clothes at TJ Maxx.