What diets have worked best for you?

Options

Replies

• LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been doing South Beach Diet, but I don't really consider it a diet, but a new lifestyle. I can live eating this way the rest of my life. I do have slip ups, but don't feel guilty and just get right back to it the next day. I feel better and happier. My cardiologist was the one the recommended it to me and it's been the best thing ever. It works for me and no counting anything. Love it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've never dieted
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Exercise portion control.
    Exercise.
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    Tape worms.

It's 2013. You clearly mean MP3 worms.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I have tried many diets though none really work, so I have been eating healthy but I like to be able to have a diet plan. Any work well for you guys? :)
    The one where I eat what I want, but making sure I get in the correct macros/micros, calories and exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I have tried many diets though none really work, so I have been eating healthy but I like to be able to have a diet plan. Any work well for you guys? :)
    The one where I eat what I want, but making sure I get in the correct macros/micros, calories and exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This^^^I simply eat at a deficit and manage my macros. EZ-PZ! I do make better nutritional decisions these days, but that has more to do with my overall nutritional health than dieting for weight loss. Just eat at a caloric deficit and exercise for fitness.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I love the South Beach Diet...

Hubby and I have both lost on it and feel great!
    I use South Beach as a guideline but am not as strict with it as I once was, seems to be working well to keep sweet cravings away and to help me stay under my calories.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want.

Unless, of course, it's her TOM. Then all bets are off.
  • aprilallison83
    aprilallison83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has been the best plan for myself. Weight Watchers is educational teaching portions and proper nutrition. I lost just over 20 lbs back in 2010 after having my first baby. One major key is to be READY to loose weight. If you are not mentally ready to loose the weight, then you are wasting your time. I had my second baby April of 2012 and I am just now ready to loose the extra 20 lbs, again. It sounds pathetic to say that, but, if you are not ready you will not have the drive, motivation, or the self discipline it requires to make a diet plan work. My step mom and I are doing our own biggest loser challenge that started yesterday. She lives back home in Oklahoma and I live in Kansas now. We weighed in yesterday and will have weigh in's every Sunday and will just text each other our weights. Who ever gains week to week will have to put in $5 each time to the winning pot. Competition is definitely motivating. Good luck to all!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have done Weight Watchers for free in the pass and am doing it now..I immediately went from 232 to 227.5 by just following the plan. I combine it with MFP and I also joined a group on here called Weight Watchers 360 & old points system and have gotten many free tools as well. It has been a great tool and I lost 100s in the past by using Weight Watchers. I don't believe in spending money on losing weight when I can do it for free. There is even a script add on that will keep your points for you as well.
  • BriannaRo
    Options
    I tried tons of diets. The low carb ones worked for awhile but weren't sustainable. I finally was able to get permanent change by just focusing on the specific foods I was eating and portion sizes. I used a web site called i8gr8.com and it helped quite a bit. I wish I could tie my fitness pal to their products.
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    For Me - hands down it has been Weight Watchers.
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me just watching my calories.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    dierts are only temporary. You MUST look at it as a lifestyle change:indifferent:
  • supermoo2
    Options
    dierts are only temporary. You MUST look at it as a lifestyle change:indifferent:

Absolutely true!!!!!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options

Absolutely true!!!!!!!
    If after this lifestyle change someone happens to gain weight, would they need another lifestyle change. Maybe examining more closely what and how much their eating would work......:smile:
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A balanced one. Balanced means ample amounts of Fats, Proteins, and Carbohydrates.

I have to agree, the only thing that worked for me was completely changing my eating habits, moderation and keeping it well balance.
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Diets to me seem like short term solutions. I want to eat healthy and well for the rest of my life. my body, and mind, feels better when I fuel it with fresh vegetables, fruit and protein, rather than fast or fried food. So what worked for me was counting my calories on here and choosing healthier options that fill me up, so I don't feel hungry an hour later, or deprived.
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dierts are only temporary. You MUST look at it as a lifestyle change

Just saw this after I posted. Agree 110%
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that there's a diet plan that's really effective - that's why they fail. If there were a diet plan that worked, then it would be called "THE diet plan", everybody would do it, and everybody would lose weight, and all would be well in the world.

It's all about changing your lifestyle. If you're only going to follow the plan while you need to lose weight, but go back to "regular eating" once you've reached goal, then you'll put the weight back on and it will have been for nothing.

One of my nutritionists said to focus on lean, healthy proteins, and the fat and carbs will take care of themselves, and it's proven to be pretty much true - at least in my case. When I get hungry, I check my food journal to see if I need protein or fiber or both. Or just ask myself if I want protein or fiber or both?