120+LBS Loss Held for 5 Years-Never Posted Pic--Until Today!

Options
Hello all,

I wanted to share my success with all of you. I started my journey in the beginning of 2008 when I weighed over 300 lbs. After 8+ months I lost 120lbs. At that time, I calculated the loss at 90lbs fat and 30lbs lean body mass. I could have done it with a better loss ratio; however, scale drops motivated me more than body fat %. Since then, I have slowly increased my lean body mass and I'm pretty sure I have gained back the muscle I lost (and dropped fat as well).

Normally I wouldn't post images like this to the public as I’m a bit embarrassed, definitely not shirtless! However, I feel, in order for you to see the magnitude of loss you need to see the before/after pics with shirt off. Who knows, perhaps I could even motivate a person or two which would just be awesome!

This year I will enter my fifth year of maintenance. I truly can't believe it! I remember telling people not to congratulate me until I keep it off for 1 year. I think I can now say it’s going to stay off now!

Collage-1-no-Border-Final-resize_zps8f942da8.jpg

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Change each IMG to lower case:
    Collage-1-no-Border-Final_zps0076b8f4.jpg

Incredible job, well done, you look great!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Awesome work...you look great!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When posting photos make sure you lower the caps in IMG to img. ;)

Collage-1-no-Border-Final_zps0076b8f4.jpg
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Wow thats incredible! I hope i look that buff when i get another 70lb off!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Incredible! I love stories from people who have beat the odds of regain. Folks like you give us all hope!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing about your incredible journey. You are a true inspiration, and proof that it IS possible to keep the weight off.
    You look fantastic and you have added years to your life as well! All the very best for your healthy future. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Holy wow...that is EPIC....congratulations!!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    thumbs up for hope!! thank you
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great transformation! Congratulations on maintaining your lifestyle and health!! Keep up the great work and stay strong!!
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    congrats to you, and you look amazing, great job!!
  • starfish1783
    Options
    :noway: Wow! You look great! Congratulations!
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    Interested - how did you lose the weight? Any tips you can give us?
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing! and congrats on the 5 year maintenance! :) You are an inspiration!
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • amontes410
    Options
    Congratulation on your 5th Birthday of the new you.... you look great and wish you the best.... we can all hope to be there with you one day....
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    awesome job - can you share how you did it (diet/exercise etc). life stories like yours motivate us so much!!
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wowza!!! Thanks for sharing your story. Great inspiration! Looking great!!!
  • kathrine3
    Options
    Whoa! You don't even look like the same person! Your transformation is INCREDIBLE, and you being able to maintain that for 5 YEARS.. WOW! Truly motivational. Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!