Cute but CHEAP workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is currently having a workout clothes sale. $8 sports bras and $15 compression tops.

YES. I'm a little weary of Old Navy but a lot of people are saying really good things. Plus $8 for a sports bra, can't go wrong there.
    [/quote

I can guarantee an $8 sports bra from Old Navy is not going to give you support if you are larger breasted...

You can guarantee that the bra won't work? How can you guarantee that? I'm very chesty, and I buy cheap bras in a size too small and get excellent support. I get the 3 pack at Sam's for 12 bucks... and they work awesome. And they're half the price of the ON ones...
    Ya know, I get all of my stuff at the second hand store....I figure I could use the extra money on food...

Sorry... I can't buy gym clothes second hand. That's too much like getting used underwear to me. NOT happening.

I am not huge breasted but I am a D cup... I have tried "cheaper" sports bras and basically had to wear 3 to keep my breasts from bouncing up and down. I am a runner and do high impact cardio so while they may be okay for walking, weight lifting, very low impact, at least for me and my experience, I needed to buy a more expensive bra (Moving Comfort - $50) to keep my girls under control and be comfortable.
    So I guess if you are flat chested or don't do high impact activities, you may be okay...

As I said--I'm quite chesty (DD). I am also a runner, and I workout hard (HIIT, sprints, weights). The cheap ones in a size too small are fine for me. I will NOT spend 50.00 on a freaking bra that is going to get sweaty and nasty and need replacing in a short amount of time. No way, no how. Even if I have to use TWO at a time of the 4.00 bras--I can go through wearing them and replacing six times before the one would be paid for. Not even on my worst day.

actually at a DD, you can also get goddess, elomi and under armor, all are in the 30-40 range. and all are good for high impact stuff. i was able to squeee into them and they worked well BUT the straps are not made to support so i use them for low impact stuff

i'm an I cup (yep I :laugh: ) and I wear an enell or shock absorber. both are around $65 and they both last a long time. in fact i've had my enell for over a year now and have only had to buy a new one because the old one got too big to be supportive enough for high impact stuff. i now use it on my low impact days

oh yeah i also do sprint HIIT, jump rope, plyometrics..

not trying to convince you but just putting out more information for anyone else who might be thinking they have to make due with wearing 2 or more bras. trust me if i can hold these I cup puppies down, DD ain't no problem :laugh:
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    TARGET and KOHLS.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. I love their stuff. I buy nothing else there, but their active wear holds up shockingly well. Seriously, I have lived in their yoga pants.

i LOVE these !!!
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=615217062
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Zellers.

And whoa, what's up with that person against cute workout clothes? What's wrong with wanting to feel cute? I feel like a total bum when I wear my "junkier" workout clothes (Baggy t-shirt, sweatpants, nothing matches). It's just not as fun. I don't like looking like I just rolled out of bed... That's just me though. I've seen people at the gym in pyjama pants.

Right? God, getting panties in a bunch over clothes. Now I get why people avoid the threads lol. Hey I don't judge the people who go in sweats and a baggy t, don't judge me for being beautiful? Haha, but in all seriousness...my god it's clothes. So what if I prefer cute ones? Plus, I'll wear my decent work out clothes when I'm having just a mellow day or something.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but sometimes investing in good stuff is worth it. If you're in the process of losing enough weight to change sizes, by all means- don't bother- but if you're nearing your goal size certain pieces are worth it. For example, my cold-weather running tightsare made of magic and worth every penny, and my compression tights I wear the rest of the year are, as well. I wash them delicately and preserve their wear as much as possible, but I basically wear the same pair of compression tights every time I run like 80% of the year- those bad boys have hundreds of miles on them, and they're perfectly good for next year. And when they're made well, they don't move around, or bunch up awkwardly, or start crawling up your butt for some reason at the 8 mile mark, and they're flattering and have features where you need them (like key/gu pockets). Might not make any difference if you don't need the lasting functionality, though. Good bras are another worthwhile investment.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Target is my favorite place (quality is fine and it fits my college budget). Watch their clearance rack, because sometimes you can get AMAZING deals on things going out of season. In October I got 5 tops, 1 bra, 1 shorts, and 1 capris all for something like $60, because they were clearancing all the summer merch.

I also like the workout pants from Old Navy.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    I just want to say, I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but sometimes investing in good stuff is worth it. If you're in the process of losing enough weight to change sizes, by all means- don't bother- but if you're nearing your goal size certain pieces are worth it. For example, my cold-weather running tightsare made of magic and worth every penny, and my compression tights I wear the rest of the year are, as well. I wash them delicately and preserve their wear as much as possible, but I basically wear the same pair of compression tights every time I run like 80% of the year- those bad boys have hundreds of miles on them, and they're perfectly good for next year. And when they're made well, they don't move around, or bunch up awkwardly, or start crawling up your butt for some reason at the 8 mile mark, and they're flattering and have features where you need them (like key/gu pockets). Might not make any difference if you don't need the lasting functionality, though. Good bras are another worthwhile investment.

I agree, but I'm not close to my goal weight and I'm sure my body will do a lot of changing until then. Once my body is where I'd like it to be, I'll consider buying more higher quality things, especially pants, mine always seem to rip :/. As for the bra thing, I've found luck with cheap ones so I probably won't be investing too much in a 50$ bra. :)
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    TJ maxx/Marshall's or Costco. Right now Costco has some clothes that people swear are the same as Lululemon. You can find them in the stores or even online!

I just bought a pair of the yoga pants from Costco...for $19.99!! They are comparable to my Lululemon pants and were in size Tall too!! They are reversible, and have hidden pocket in the front like LULU. I'm going back for more. They also had matching Tees and Jackets.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    i'm actually surprised at the quality of old navy workout stuff these past few seasons. normally you look at old navy stuff and you get a rip in the seams, much less wash and dry it :laugh:

i'm pretty rough on my stuff, and i've several pants from them that i bought several months ago that are still look OK. no holes, no see through butt etc. in fact the only reason why i'm retiring most of these is because they have gotten too big and no longer compress .

granted i can't speak much about the workout tops since i dont really buy those from ON, but the compression capris and pants are pretty darn good for $25.

I actually have some old navy yoga pants from around 2001 that are still OK but a litte faded.

H&M has OK stuff too.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Walmart has the Danskin water wicking series! I love them and they are super cute! On average they are about 10 dollars but my last trip to pick up a few new items and they had them on clearance!!!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I buy all of my workout clothes from JCP. Its always on sale and the quality is excellent. I just bought $48 worth of items yesterday and got six new pieces!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I go to Winners (which I guess is like a TJ Maxx?) and I bought my Nike Dri Fit yoga pants for 30$ and they've lasted me just over a year and they are getting a bit loose now, but they are still in great shape. I've also bought my favourite sports bra and work out tops there.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Idk if this has been said already but I just joined pvbody and I really like it!!

It's a subscription box that mails you one outfit based on your "style quiz" (you can exchange if you don't like) they mail you one box a month so a top and bottom. The key is the box is only 50/month but the items they give you value between 130 and 150 dollars for the outfit! They're really high quality items for a cheap price! It's a great service. And you can skip any month you want!

pvbody.com

Also I like TJMaxx for cheap workout clothes too
    Totally was down for this, but I went to it, and it is 99/month :/

No way~ I just went to their site and it clearly says 49.95. If you look around their FB page you can also find people who promote their brand and get 20% off. I swear its $49.95 and it's a great deal. I love the stuff they send me!
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    Idk if this has been said already but I just joined pvbody and I really like it!!

It's a subscription box that mails you one outfit based on your "style quiz" (you can exchange if you don't like) they mail you one box a month so a top and bottom. The key is the box is only 50/month but the items they give you value between 130 and 150 dollars for the outfit! They're really high quality items for a cheap price! It's a great service. And you can skip any month you want!

pvbody.com

Also I like TJMaxx for cheap workout clothes too
    Totally was down for this, but I went to it, and it is 99/month :/

No way~ I just went to their site and it clearly says 49.95. If you look around their FB page you can also find people who promote their brand and get 20% off. I swear its $49.95 and it's a great deal. I love the stuff they send me!

I went back like 5 minutes after and then it said 49.95. It was freaking weird.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some cute V-neck wicking material T-shirts for $6, with side seems. Crew neck without the side seems are $5.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some cute V-neck wicking material T-shirts for $6, with side seems. Crew neck without the side seems are $5.

Yup, just picked up a couple Danskin tops that I really love.

Gap Fit isn't horrible price wise either if you catch the sales.
  • sakaripup27
    Options
    I go to goodwill...you'd be amazed what you find there
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Old Navy stuff, I like Target stuff, but lately their prices have gone up on a lot of their gear, so I watch their clearance racks. TJ Maxx & Marshals have great name brand stuff, and I've gotten some great deals on the clearance rack - and as someone else said - this is the time of year where they bring in all sorts of new stuff - my TJ Maxx had double the racks of what they usually have in their active wear section the other day.

And now I need to go clean out my active wear drawer and get rid of stuff that doesn't fit or I haven't worn all year, and maybe make room for some new stuff! :bigsmile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is having a big sale right now.
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    old navy or hit up some of the discount chains like TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross