April challenge

Options

Replies

• smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So I was super busy yesterday and ran out of the house before I could weigh in so finally here I am...

I am super excited and completely amazed by my results this week. My kids were on Spring break and with all the Easter festivities I didn't eat as healthy as I should have (i.e the two nights out for pizza while at the water park with the kids) and much to my surprise I lost 3 lbs. To top it all off I finally broke the dreaded 158 I can never seem to get passed.

Start:160
    Today:158
  • agarzia
    agarzia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just found this awesome site and began on the 6th of April but i would love to join the April Challange. Is it too late for me? Please let me know if I can participate.
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is ever too late to join. You'll find this site very helpful, I love it! Everyone posts their weight loss on Wed. in hopes to lose the 10 lbs by the end of the month. Welcome to the site and good luck! :)
  • agarzia
    agarzia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanky you! I am really excited:smile:
  • trufels24
    trufels24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, but I'm in! This is PERFECT too, as my goal is to have 10 pounds off before my knee surgery which is scheduled for April 30!!!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Up over 1 pound today. Darn that pumpkin pie!!! Well, with Easter behind us, we start another week! I'm back on track and hoping for a better weigh in next week!!
    Good luck everyone!!
  • sgodbe
    sgodbe Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in too! Also new to MFP, started 3 days ago I believe. I'm doing well with staying within the allotted calories, but haven't gotten to the gym yet. Too many excuses - no good reasons!! But, I was once told by a doctor to make one lifestyle change at a time and to make sure it sticks! So i'm choosing to be happy with myself and proud of the fact that I'm eating 1550 calories per day! It's the first time in a long time!
  • Ellie113
    Ellie113 Posts: 49
    Options
    First weigh in for April.........minus 3.2lbs and I am very very happy didn't think for one minute I had lost that much!!! yay!!
  • Garza
    Garza Posts: 3
    Options
    That's so awesome and I just want to congratulate you. You give me hope and i sure will keep on trying to lose weight.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pretty upset today...gained half a pound...but the nurse said I probably just gained muscle...it must be muscle because this week I was able to put on 2 pair of work pants that I was not able to wear last week...grrr....it makes me angry to see the pounds go up...just think positive!!

Hopefully everyone else is doing great!!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 163.8!! That means I'm down from 166.2, my starting point for April, 2.4 lbs.!!! Still have a lot to go for this month since I didn't lose any last week, but I'll try my best!

Good job everyone!
  • Ladyhyjinx
    Options
    New to the site and glad to jump into your April Challenge. I started April 1 at 173 and have lost 2 lbs. Glad to see everyone and can feel your energy!

We are making it happen! Good luck, teamies!!!:flowerforyou:
  • joymomof7
    joymomof7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Down another 2 lbs this week, 6 lbs last week. :))) Yeah!!!!
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been here since I started this challenge I'm currently on vacation in VA to see my daughter and granddaughter. I'm doing good and watching what I'm eating I even took the time to go to a local gym to do a zumba class. Sooooo glad to see everyone is doing sooooo good. My weigh in this week will be when I get home since my daughter doesn't own a scale. Haha the joy of weighing 110 pounds even after having a child. Lol. Everyone keep up the great work and to all the newbies. Welcome to your new lifestyle. We r all here to support each other!!!
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This was my week I usually spend 8-10 days when I don't lose anything, so my next weigh in is very possible that I will be the same. I have noticed a very definite pattern to my weight loss. I lose between 4 to 7 lbs in like 3-5 days and then nothing for 8 to 10 . Then it repeats ( this has happened 3 times). This has been happening for the past 6 weeks. That is how my body works.

S/W 211

C/W 207 - :-)

G/W 200
  • Sunshinechic
    Sunshinechic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to just throw the scales out the window!! When you're working out you start to build muscle mass, and muscle weighs more than fat. The scales doesn't factor in muscle, so when the number goes up, I get discouraged and don't want to weigh in. Any helpful suggestions. According to the "stupid scales" I'm up 1 pound this week. uuuggg:mad:
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have had a very frustrating April so far. I was at my lowest at the end of March. 144.6 lbs. By two days later I was back up to 148.4:sad: I finally lost a tad but can't seem to get below 147. Now, only three lbs lost after being on here and working my tail off for over 2 months. :grumble: I refuse to give up!!!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I haven't been weighing in on here, I will try to remember on wednesday to post my weight. I weigh myself everyday though...I know, I'm not supposed to, but it actally keeps me sane.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds so far this month. I missed the 1st but I still think I can lose 10 by end of month, which for me will be May 2nd. Thanks!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    FINALLY...I got to that 5 lb mark...ugh...I lost 4 lbs really quickly (started end of Feb) but just kept gaining and losing 2 lbs...today I weighed in and I finally lost a lb to move my total to 5. I printed out that ugly picture of what 5 lbs of fat looks like to hang on my wall to remind me to keep it off for good!!! Yeah for me!!

Here's the link if you want it...it's pretty motivating!!

http://mtdh.ruralinstitute.umt.edu/images/Bernice.jpg