Is a thigh gap possible?

Options
Okay so I am 5ft 2.5 a UK size 8 thats a US size 6 I think... anyway. I am a banana body shape/straight as my measurements are
bust- 34 in
waist 27 in
hips 35 in
When I put my feet together my thighs touch :( And I hate it! Is it at all possible for me to attain a thigh gap? I dont have very wide hips so if not then I could understand why, and if yes, then how would I get one? What type of exercises do I need to do? :)

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Unless you have fairly wide hipbones..possibly not. I don't get why this is important to anyone.....
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I didn't think the thigh gap was judged off of your feet being together... I always thought it was judged on standing up straight normally with your feet shoulder width apart?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Where did I put that dead horse gif...?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Unless you have fairly wide hipbones..possibly not. I don't get why this is important to anyone.....

This. I'm not sure what a thigh gap is, or why it matters to anyone (unless the thighs rubbing together during exercise is creating irritation), but supposedly not everyone has one at a healthy weight.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as a ruler shape i'd have to say no. your hips are too slim

when i was at my smallest my hips were 35" and my upper thighs were 20" each. obviously 40" is greater than 35" and i had very little fat to spare.

what's the big deal about a thigh gap anyway? are you trying to hide stuff there or something? you can get a purse or use pockets, you know
  • Dpade1337
    Options
    gap is measured ankles together. Only certain body types can get the gap, and you have to be very thin and without muscle. I do not know why you would want that, but whatever, it's your goal! So, I would say you could try by doing your cardio and keeping calorie intake low but healthy. Good luck.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all my friends who are huuuuge fans of the thigh gap threads!

Pics for me is fine.
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    2q9bfqp.gif

Spread your legs...thigh gap...done.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't get why this is important to anyone.....

Uh Huh.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    First, you sound like a very small hourglass shape to me, with the waist about 8 inches smaller than everything else and the hips and bust so close together.

Secondly, I find thigh gaps creepy, but as far as I know, anyone can have one if they lose enough fat. Whether or not that's healthy is up to you. It has to do with the amount of fat your thighs carry and how wide your hip bones are. If your hips were 35" and your thighs were smaller than 35" around... thigh gap. So theoretically it's possible.

I would find out or estimate your bodyfat %. You sound like you are fairly slim already. It's not worth going below a healthy bodyfat percentage just to have the body status trend item of the decade. In ten years it might be something else.
  • everysn0wflake
    Options
    Yeah, it's possible. I have a slight one. I am at a healthy weight (119-120 lbs and 5'3). Although, I did suffer through bulimia and anorexia. I don't know if it's possible getting one with that. Honestly, if it is. It's not worth it. xo
  • Sierrasdawn
    Options
    @Bombedpop...LOL! Perfect!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    gap is measured ankles together. Only certain body types can get the gap, and you have to be very thin and without muscle. I do not know why you would want that, but whatever, it's your goal! So, I would say you could try by doing your cardio and keeping calorie intake low but healthy. Good luck.

you don't have to be very thin in order to have thigh gap. you just need to have wide hips. i have fat 23 inch thighs and still have thigh gap because i have wide hips.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I would love a thigh gap so that my thighs wouldn't rub together while running. Unfortunately, my body has other plans and I will probably never have one. Spandex shorts it is!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Secondly, I find thigh gaps creepy

what a sweet thing to say.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @bombedpop. Love it!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This again!?
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible to get one. The secret is when standing, slightly separate your legs so that there is a gap between your thighs. It works like a charm every single time!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    vYAya.jpg