Heart Rate Monitor Calorie Challenge

Options

Replies

• ccaruso219
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Been away this week with almost noo internet service.....Felt good to not be on the computer for a week....Anyway, Last week I blew my calories out of the water....I burned 8043 doing the 30 day shred and walking....Wasn't able to do much this week so far, Weather has cooperated and I haven't been feeling well. But I did lose 4 lbs, I guess I shouldn't complain.....
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 399 walk
    Tuesday, 538 walk/jog
    Wesnesday 397 walk
    Thursday 233, Shred #2, 506, slow jog 4.75 miles
    Friday, off

Total: 2073....1500 to go
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Ok, I'm back! It is Monday, a new week and a new day. So I guess it is time to start moving on. I am starting my Insanity tonight. Should be fun. Probably not!!! I haven't done anything in over a week. I did walk around DC yesterday for hours.

ccaruso219-Would you please pass some of those calories burned my way!??!?!?!:noway:
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Only burned 1580 calories this last week, but my 3 week plateau ended with a 4 pound drop, so I'm still in a happy place. Got to get back to it this week so the hot cross buns I ate this weekend don't catch up with me at next week's weigh in! Happy Monday everyone!
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    I finally got moving last night. I did my fitness test for my first day of Insanity. Only 60 more days to go....:laugh:

I did better then I thought I would. I had to stop a lot. Those Power Jumps SUCK!!!! Hopefully I can stick with it and by the time I need to wear a bathing suit...I should look at least a little better. Maybe I will be brave and take a before picture.

Have a great day and Keep Moving!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 399 walk
    Tuesday, 538 walk/jog
    Wesnesday 397 walk
    Thursday 233, Shred #2, 506, slow jog 4.75 miles
    Friday, off

Total: 2073....1500 to go

That's all I could do this week...2073...my knee and ankle were not doing so well...I decided to listen to my body and not push myself into injury

New week everyone
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Finished Day 2 of Insanity and burned 482 calories. I had to stop so many times. This work out is CRAZY!!!! I could barley catch my breath. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I was brave and took a before picture in a pair of shorts that I swear fit last year. They were a little tight. So hopefully they will fit well when I am done this 60 day of craziness. Hey, maybe they will be to big. Here's to hopeing.

Keep Moving!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Finished Day 2 of Insanity and burned 482 calories.
    Keep Moving!!!

Can you give a little description of the insanity workouts...How long are they? What are the exercises like? How many DVDs are there? PS....Glad your back...you've been missed:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Have been off the wagon a tiny bit over Easter :embarassed:

Still managed to burn 1500cals at the gym though which I suppose is better than nothing!

Have a busy week and weekend ahead with lots of eating out and alcohol planned with the girlies so will try and get 2000 cals burnt for the next 3 days and try to limit some damage!

I promise i'll be back in full force next week with a 3500cal target! :glasses:
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    OMG!!!! Just finished Day 3 of Insanity. Burend over 400 calories! I hope this is all worth it and I see results in the end. I started a blog about it if anyone wants to know what the work outs are all about.

Have fun and Keep Moving!!!
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers everyone!!! I'm new here, read through most of this thread, and i feel like i am going insane haha...reading about an insanity video...

i am soo angry that I did not research the HRM before i ran to Target and bout a fitness watch w/no chest strap. The darn thing said i worked out 4 minutes and burned 45 calories after 45 minutes of Zumba tonight. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :noway: :noway: I REALLY want to know what I'm burning in my classes....so i guess i'll have to buy the expensive monitor!:mad: :explode:
    well, thanks for the posts and keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Trying to get back into the swing of things is hard. I have been trying to eat better this week but it isn't working out as well as I hoped. Better then the week before but not like it was when I was on track. I am going back to the gym tomorrow and keeping up with Insanity. So next week I should have better calories burned to record. Insanity comes with a nutritional guide that I think I will try out. It may help me stay fuller longer and keep with in my calorie range.

Enjoy the Spring weather and Keep Moving!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey, HRM burners

I am going to be out of commission for 2 weeks with high impact exercise. Not only that, I was hit by the potato chip, pizza, bread and butter, wine and beer truck for about 5 days now. I really need to get back on track. I have just lost my will to keep going. I really don't want to gain the weight back. I need motivation. So, I have to be really good about logging everything and just suffer and plow thru it. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it

Went to the doctor for a physical and mentioned the planter faciities (PF) that has been bothering me for quite some time. I am hitting the PF hard. I didn't realize if it's left uncontrolled, you can develop bone spurs. The goal is to bring down the inflammation. Here is the lowdown for the next 2 weeks.

1) No exercise for 2 weeks except for work to rest the foot. Only very low impact like bike riding or swimming.
    2) I bought orthoses to put in my gym shoes and I am wearing them 24/7. They are kind of like heels pads. No flip flops or high heals.
    3) A device that you sleep in to keep the foot flexed while you are sleeping. This actually was really worth the money. I didn't feel any pain when I arose out of bed this morning. I bought it at the drug store.
    4) Naproxen 2 times a day for 2 weeks
    5) Ice with any pain
    6) Some exercises to strengthen the accessory muscles while the faciitis is healing

I got all the supplies yesterday...Today will be officially day 1...I will keep you posted

Triggers are: flat feet, high arched, rigid feet, poor shoe suppor, toe running, hill running, running on sand, increasing age, sudden weight increase, sudden increase in activity level and the good old family tendency

I will check out the insanity log!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OMG!!!! Just finished Day 3 of Insanity. Burend over 400 calories! I hope this is all worth it and I see results in the end. I started a blog about it if anyone wants to know what the work outs are all about.

Can you link the blog?
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back....I was sidlined last week with a horrible case of allergies....My eyes are still burning. Got my new HRM the other day and tomorrow will be the first test.

Decided to test my gluten theory last night. I have been following a gluten free diet for 2 months now and yesterday was a gluten day to see if gluten is my life's hinderance. Sure enough it is my hinderance. So now I know I can't have any gluten.

Back to Shred and walking tomorrow.....
  • twt1999bird
    Options

Can you link the blog?

Sure, I don't mind :happy:
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    So, my first full week back and I am so proud of myself! As you all know I have been doing Insanity and keeping a blog about it. I also finally made it to the gym Saturday morning and went hiking yesterday.

Grand total is 3340 calories burned. Ready for a new week! I have another week of Insanity before I do my fitness test and measurements again. I hope to see results. I have been following the meal plan that comes with Insanity and it is actually good. I am really picky about food so I was pleased to see so many choices that I like. And I get to eat a 300 calorie meal every few hours. Sometimes it is actually a lot of filling foods and I didn't finish my meal Saturday night. I am going to have to blog about it.

Have a great day and Keep Moving!
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This last week I burned 2043 calories. This week I'm going to try to increase from 4 or 5 days/week at the gym to 7! Wish me luck! :tongue:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! I have really missed you all and missed seeing all the calories burned on my HRM. I didn't workout at all last week but yesterday was my first day back to working out and logging my meals. I know it's halfway thro April already but better late than never.

I chose to do Turbo Jam Cardio party and after 45mins I had burned 400 calories. not too bad, I wud have rathered 500 but I was exhausted half way thru.

Well hope everyone is doing great! and I can't wait to report my calorie burn for this week.
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Hey all got a question....Since I just got my new Polar HRM, I was wondering where do I put the chest band? I'm a bit large in the chest area.