Black Team Week 14!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just got back from DC and the Cherry Blossom 10 miler! It was great! It was a gorgeous day for running and a beautiful weekend to enjoy a great city! I was so enjoying my surroundings and taking it all in along the way. I don't think I even realized I was running until about the 5th mile. I was so preoccupied with everything around me, the monuments, the sights, truly amazing. As we were justing starting in our wave, the Kenyans were coming by on their 5th mile! We were all cheering for them and they didn't even crack a smile..geez...such focus. I had a cheering section which was great. i carried my cell phone with me and gave them a heads up where I was. My time could have been better but at mile 7 1/2 I had to pee so bad, i stopped at the porta-jon. I felt like i was peeing for a minute and a half! I tried to make up the time but burnt myself out. Also didn't want to leave my wing man! She was really hurting the last two miles. All in all, I ran a 1:38 avg 9:50 pace. I was happy. Here's a finishing photo with the Washington Monument in the background.
    GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=037ea451-4577-11df-ae1d-00215ad801ce&Aux=40|0|8CCA79AEBC49B10||

We stayed at Hyatt and enjoyed a great dinner last night and a few celebratory drinks:drinker:

Back to reality! Already planning our next race! Will try and catch up on posts.

Later my BT:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    CherryBlossom2010.jpg?t=1271093629
  • Marla64
    Options
    ?action=view&current=CherryBlossom2010.jpg

I am so technically challenged!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, got one to work for you-- good job, Donna!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Thank you my dear friend Marla - I was seconds away from putting the right brackets in!:laugh: I'm in the middle! We were elated to finish this race.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thank you my dear friend Marla - I was seconds away from putting the right brackets in!:laugh: I'm in the middle! We were elated to finish this race.

Congrats Donna!!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Just came in from an hour and 20 minute walk pushing a stroller with my DS.
    I was amped because someone posted a not so flattering pic of me on facebook. I hate facebook!!!:mad:

Now I will sit and enjoy my sliced apple with peanut butter. Yummo
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    well my life just got 1 million times worse. We haven't heard anything from hubs' work but we just found out that unemployment has run out!! I start full time school in the fall and not really sure how a full time job is going to feel about me going to school during the day. I need to find something at night. or see if I can take the days that my classes are on off.

keep your fingers crossed for us.
  • Marla64
    Options

Aren't you adorable?????!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    well my life just got 1 million times worse. We haven't heard anything from hubs' work but we just found out that unemployment has run out!! I start full time school in the fall and not really sure how a full time job is going to feel about me going to school during the day. I need to find something at night. or see if I can take the days that my classes are on off.

Sam, any fingers that aren't already crossed for us, will indeed be crossed for you.

We're in similar straits-- hubs just ran through the 3rd unemployment run-- not sure they'll be extending it any further.

We're dead.
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had to leave for a little bit but now My fiance and I are back together and I am posting all of our info here to keep track because we are taking on the insanity challenge and are pushing and competing with eachother just for fun and additioinal motivation and support.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Sam, any fingers that aren't already crossed for us, will indeed be crossed for you.

We're in similar straits-- hubs just ran through the 3rd unemployment run-- not sure they'll be extending it any further.

We're dead.

I was just told that congress hasn't passed any more laws for unemployment and that when they do everyone who is out of unemployment will be contacted by mail.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Marla- enjoy the once in a lifetime event you experienced. :wink:

Donna- so great to see a pic of you. Great job on the race!

Sam- sorry about the unemployment, I'll be thinking about you

I'm done. Paint brush in my hand for 4 hours. Wasn't sure I could let go. Permanent claw hand. There will be a few odds and ends pieces that still need stained, but in comparision to the whole deck, it'll be a piece of cake. I came in from outside, was starvign and before I realized what I was doing I inhaled 2 donuts. Ummm, yum? Seriously, I'm blaming the stain fumes. Brain damage or something. I intended to eat lunch. I guess I did.......

Took a shower, feel all squeaky clean in the middle of the day. It's awesome. Have on 'real clothes' too. It's exciting! As soon as my youngest hits the house, I'm dragging him back out. Strawberry patch... here we come. Oh, they sell the BEST homemade strawberry ice cream there. I think the stain fumes will still be affecting me then. :noway: :tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    well if you have seen my FB page in the last 1/2 hour you know that hubs lost his job. I hope they don't fight his unemployment!!!! if they do were are up a creek!! I can try to find a job but then have to tell them I need certain days off for school. That might have to be what I do but as luck would have it flagler county (the one I live in) has the highest unemployment rate in Fl. It would cost us more in gas and child care then it would to not work if I had to drive the 1/2 hour each way to another city. DANG DANG DANG!!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Sam - Hugs. Sorry about the sh!tty situation.

Donna - Congrats! What an accomplishment!

Marla - An apology???? Now, that does not compute with me. :noway:

Lori - Can't wait to see the final deck pictures with flowers, mulch, etc. I was so tempted to go to Lowes this weekend for some plants. 3/$10 ( I think ). Can't beat it.

Just finished Week 6, Day 1. Folks, I am "this" close to being a runner. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Kati- I got some perennials for $3 something. Good deal. I :heart: my plants and flowers. Hubs said it looked like a jungle when I was unloading. I thought it looked perfect.

Here's a sneek peek. :tongue: It's ALMOST there!

DSC_0303.jpg?t=1271118550
    DSC_0304.jpg?t=1271118599

Seriously, I can't even explain it, but it's like a weight has been lifted to get that staining done today. We went for strawberries and I putzed this afternoon, cleaning up stuff here and there, doing this and that. Imagine!
    Alexstrawberrypatch.jpg?t=1271118907

I feel 'free'. I know I bring it on myself and we aren't quite there, but I feel so light. A million pounds have been lifted. I'm ready to foucs on something else for a while.
  • 72lori
    Options

Lori - Can't wait to see the final deck pictures with flowers, mulch, etc. I was so tempted to go to Lowes this weekend for some plants. 3/$10 ( I think ). Can't beat it.

Just finished Week 6, Day 1. Folks, I am "this" close to being a runner. :bigsmile: :drinker:

Oh yeah, apologies don't compute for most of us. If yours is anything like mine, he's never wrong, so no need to apologize for anything.

I have actually seen mine turn things around to make it look like he was right instead of just saying he was wrong or make excuses and act like I don't know what I'm talking about. MEN! It KILLS them to be wrong.

Now, they are more than happy to point it out when we are though.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well if you have seen my FB page in the last 1/2 hour you know that hubs lost his job. I hope they don't fight his unemployment!!!! if they do were are up a creek!! I can try to find a job but then have to tell them I need certain days off for school. That might have to be what I do but as luck would have it flagler county (the one I live in) has the highest unemployment rate in Fl. It would cost us more in gas and child care then it would to not work if I had to drive the 1/2 hour each way to another city. DANG DANG DANG!!!!

oh honey that just plain sux............{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

I will pray he gets a better job with better pay....:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Oh yeah, apologies don't compute for most of us. If yours is anything like mine, he's never wrong, so no need to apologize for anything.

I have actually seen mine turn things around to make it look like he was right instead of just saying he was wrong or make excuses and act like I don't know what I'm talking about. MEN! It KILLS them to be wrong.

Now, they are more than happy to point it out when we are though.

Ha-- seriously-- they're like the Fonz, in Happy Days--

"I was wrrr-- what I mean to say was I was, wrrrrr-- I was wrrrrr-- wrrrrrr-- I can't say it, Cunningham!!"

Therein lies the male gender--
  • 72lori
    Options
    Have you ever had the picture of what you want in your mind, yet you can't find it? I was looking for a headband for the ball. Fairly thick, satin covered with some beading similar to my dress. Yeah, not gonna find it. However, I have found many that look like this.
    uglyheadband.jpg?t=1271122057
    :noway: