Hungry

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    for pretty much everyone, meal timing is irrelevant.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Not true---hormones wax and wane and when you eat is important. It is a very bad idea--for many reasons, bio-chemically--to eat a lot and go to bed with a full stomach.
  • Songmartine
    Songmartine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea with skim milk in it keeps me satified and under calories between meals and later at night. Also snacking on small mandarins, apples and berries is a good way to ingest fibre without feeling bloated and worrying about overeating. Listen to your body! Eat! :D
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If I only ate 300 calories for breakfast, I'd be hungry too. Wait, I'm hungry at that time, anyway... Do you have a job that doesn't allow you to eat at any other time than lunch break? Because I don't know how you can concentrate if you're so hungry you have to write a rant post about it.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Not true---hormones wax and wane and when you eat is important. It is a very bad idea--for many reasons, bio-chemically--to eat a lot and go to bed with a full stomach.

I don't go to bed until 2 a.m. I eat my lunch at about 7. guess I need to start going to bed without dinner. bummer.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    (for those wondering ... no. calories can't tell time.)
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

I don't go to bed until 2 a.m. I eat my lunch at about 7. guess I need to start going to bed without dinner. bummer.

I was just talking about what is optimal. I'm sure you have seen the statistics on those who work nights in terms of obesity and diabetes. Hormones are VERY relevant to maximum fat burn and energy levels. Sorry.
  • JustGinger7
    JustGinger7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Special K protein water? It's only 25 calories and as helped me get through many days! Hang in there. It will get easier!
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Calories can't but your body sure can. Circadian rhythm is just one of the rhythms of life---we can either fight those rhythms (and suffer less than optimal performance of our bodies---or worse) or harmonize with them and benefit our health.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You just need to eat them when they're not sleeping....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, you really should be eating more.

Except in the evening. Ghrelin (the "hunger hormone") increases the release of human growth hormone. So it is good to be hungry after 7 p.m. as you want to get as much HGH as you can get (for LOTS of reasons). That is why you should consume most or all of your calories before 7 or 8. If you are hungry in the evening, it is good to just go to bed (unless you are so hungry you can't sleep--then a light snack is in order--100 calories of protein and fat. Peanut butter and celery are ideal.) :smile:

This is full of wrong.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I was just talking about what is optimal. I'm sure you have seen the statistics on those who work nights in terms of obesity and diabetes. Hormones are VERY relevant to maximum fat burn and energy levels. Sorry.

Causation v correlation seems to escape you a lot.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Calories can't but your body sure can. Circadian rhythm is just one of the rhythms of life---we can either fight those rhythms (and suffer less than optimal performance of our bodies---or worse) or harmonize with them and benefit our health.

Rhythm+Of+Life+009.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    If you're hungry, you really should be eating more.

Except in the evening. Ghrelin (the "hunger hormone") increases the release of human growth hormone. So it is good to be hungry after 7 p.m. as you want to get as much HGH as you can get (for LOTS of reasons). That is why you should consume most or all of your calories before 7 or 8. If you are hungry in the evening, it is good to just go to bed (unless you are so hungry you can't sleep--then a light snack is in order--100 calories of protein and fat. Peanut butter and celery are ideal.) :smile:

This is full of wrong.

No--it is not. From the Wiki article on Ghrelin: "Ghrelin levels increase before meals and decrease after meals....Ghrelin is a potent stimulator of growth hormone from the anterior pituitary gland." And you were saying? (Please don't trash this based on the fact that it comes from Wikipedia--the expert who wrote the article is likely more knowledgeable than you are on the subject.)
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    You just need to eat them when they're not sleeping....

do you just have to listen for their tiny little snores?
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

don't go to bed until 2 a.m. I eat my lunch at about 7. guess I need to start going to bed without dinner. bummer.

Causation v correlation seems to escape you a lot.

Insulting others does NOT increase your credibility.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Ghrelins! Oh! now I understand. can't feed 'em after midnight, don't get 'em wet, etc.

gremlin.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Rhythm+Of+Life+009.jpg

And juvenile attempts at sarcastic humor do not enhance your credibility either.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Ghrelins! Oh! now I understand. can't feed 'em after midnight, don't get 'em wet, etc.

gremlin.jpg

How charming. :smile:
  • IFWittington
    Options
    IMHO - worry less about cals, and more about carbs.

Eat lots of protein, you'll feel fuller.

Dont starve yourself... it'll only make you crave fats and carbs.

If you're hungry - eat...