are there lots of nutters around ??

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if we lose weight do we have to lose our sense of humour ?

Losing weight is serious business. There is no room for jocularity here. I refuse to have humorous people on my FL. The first time a person makes a joke on my feed, they get a warning. The second joke they get cut.

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

That's why I never sent the FR. Serious Dav is Serious. Plus I'm all out of nakkid pichas.

I never saw this because I blocked you way back in December. Your joking will not be tolerated!

REPORTED
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    so if i want to make friends with someone i shall write

''i am not a nutter and will not send naked photos to you,please be my friend''

got it.

then don't bother sending me a FR. if i don't get nekkid pic, or at least a link to a pervy tumblr site, it's an instant decline. A man got to have a code

0000045355_20080104121542.jpg
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Some folks here with the FaceBook/Twitter mentality "friend collect".
    I enjoy mutually supportive relationships but am NOT a friend collector. I seek positive, productive connections with like-minded, interactive people serious about fitness.
    And my continued connection means a friendship is a 2 way street.
    To each his own....
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If I get a request from a female, I always accept it. If I get a request from a guy I'll usually accept it but if I get a creepy PM I delete them. I'm more than happy to support everyone, but if you're a creep I'm going to delete you.

Pro tip for the ladies: changing your pic from a body shot to a more modest one greatly reduces the amount of requests from creeps.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wibble! Catfish!! Hatstand!!!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question.

what do you mean a real picture ? I am really a blonde mermaid :ohwell:

This is why people screen their friends...

I'm using mfp to lose all my humour, losing weight was a happy side effect.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
    Nope not judgmental at all

that wasn't even me !!!!

Ha. Sorry it's 230am :)

Are you from the future?
    Tries to think of a smartass response and fails
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those with a "long list" of t&c's of acceptance. In the 14 months I have been here I've probably had 500 requests, accepted 400 and had to delete 300. I'm not here to collect people, and I can't support a huge friends list, there's barely enough time for my 100.
    Would you accept friend requests off random strangers on Facebook? No, then why should it be any different here? :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I used to roll my eyes at people who would have those rules for accepting friends, but for some odd reason, girls who eat 200 calories a day love to friend request me. Maybe they like to eat vicariously through my diary?? I don't know.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I rarely get messages with my friend requests. Some interact, some don't...you will see that you will only interact with the same 10-15 on a regular basis anyway. I say go nuts! And you can always go through Dav's profile to pilfer some friends...he's got 3/4's of MFP on lock...LoL.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question.

what do you mean a real picture ? I am really a blonde mermaid :ohwell:

This is why people screen their friends...

I'm using mfp to lose all my humour, losing weight was a happy side effect.

:laugh:
  • Subowski
    Options
    Hatstand!!!

Pahahaha
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If I get a request from a female, I always accept it. If I get a request from a guy I'll usually accept it but if I get a creepy PM I delete them. I'm more than happy to support everyone, but if you're a creep I'm going to delete you.

Pro tip for the ladies: changing your pic from a body shot to a more modest one greatly reduces the amount of requests from creeps.
    Ladies do this as well.
    The instant I get even a hint of such tomfoolery, they're GONE.
    All I am interested in here on MFP is health and wellness.
    This is not Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club....:bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
    Actually, I am.

I'm the most motivational person on MFP. Where the hell have you been?

^^True story. Since i sent my friend request, we have become best friends. We do karate in her garage every Saturday.
    We also formed an entertainment conglomerate, Prestige Worldwide. We'll be debuting at next year's Catalina Wine Mixer.

Wow! That's impressive!

35u6ut.jpg
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just a thought. Maybe you disagree. But adding a friend online without a message(that you don't already know) is like going to the mall and some random person comes up to you and says, "hey, let's be friends." They don't introduce themselves, you don't know their name, etc. That is how so many people get in issues on other social networks such as Facebook. Adding people they do not know. Also, most people have real life friends to support them.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just a thought. Maybe you disagree. But adding a friend online without a message(that you don't already know) is like going to the mall and some random person comes up to you and says, "hey, let's be friends." They don't introduce themselves, you don't know their name, etc. That is how so many people get in issues on other social networks such as Facebook. Adding people they do not know. Also, most people have real life friends to support them.

Not to me at all. I have a huge number of friends on mfp and facebook that I will probably never meet in real life. To me, there's a *HUGE* difference between being friends with someone online and being their *real* friend, face to face.
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Btw, I'm Toshi & I joined 2 days ago. & to add onto my previous comment. That's how crazy stuff that they taught us about in elementary school comes about. People finding you through online stuff & you know the rest.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Actually, I am.

I'm the most motivational person on MFP. Where the hell have you been?

^^True story. Since i sent my friend request, we have become best friends. We do karate in her garage every Saturday.
    We also formed an entertainment conglomerate, Prestige Worldwide. We'll be debuting at next year's Catalina Wine Mixer.

"Boats 'n Hoes!"
  • thinnerbrady
    Options
    What's a nutter?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Not to me at all. I have a huge number of friends on mfp and facebook that I will probably never meet in real life. To me, there's a *HUGE* difference between being friends with someone online and being their *real* friend, face to face.

So are you fake with your online friends or your face to face ones? Honestly I'm no different with anybody, if we have things in common we'll get on