5"2 - 5"6 discus weight/size goals and opinions on others?

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    in the past the charts were 5' tall = 100lbs and every inch over that was 5lbs so you are definitely where you should be...anything less would be unhealthy for you. 5'2' =110lbs 5' 4" = 120lbs etc

according to bmi rules, this is not true.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ahh right;D see this is what I don't get, most people I read about who are my height way around 135 and are a normal healthy weight, but when I was 140 I was overweight, and I'm 8 stone now and I'm still chubby and have a body fat percentage of about 22/21, so I always get confused when people way more but are still slim, maybe I have really light bones?:') what's everyone's measurements? Like hips, waist, e.c.t???
    Body type has something to do with it. For instance I'm a pear and I carry all of my weight in my legs. My measurements last time I checked were 32, 28, 38. with 24% BF. At 140 I also wear a size 8. My BMI at 140 is a perfect 23. At 112lbs it would be 18 and slightly under weight. With weight training I have a decent amount of muscle and tighter curves than I previously had ;) but it makes me a little heavier than I look.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Ahh right;D see this is what I don't get, most people I read about who are my height way around 135 and are a normal healthy weight, but when I was 140 I was overweight, and I'm 8 stone now and I'm still chubby and have a body fat percentage of about 22/21, so I always get confused when people way more but are still slim, maybe I have really light bones?:') what's everyone's measurements? Like hips, waist, e.c.t???

if accurate that body fat percentage is not chubby for a woman.

and yeah i had the same issue at 140. i definitely looked overweight. i'm not muscular though.
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    @Valeriek92 oh that helps a lot! Thanks! :D
    And @gail4721 oh okay, we'll thankyou, this helps:-) I have a picture on my profile of me when I was at 140 and a current on, and I personally still think I need to loose about half a stone to get to a slim, good weight weight, but does anyone else have any other opinions on wether that'll be too much to loose? Xx
  • Bon90
    Bon90 Posts: 8
    Options
    5"4
    22 years old

Highest: 185
    Current 185
    Goal: 125

I keep stopping and starting this whole dieting thing but now I am at the highest I have ever been, I really need to stay focused :)
  • sally414
    Options
    I personally think BMI is a little messed up and different peoples bodies will look different at the same weight/height, but that's just me... we all carry it differently!

I'm barely 5'7"... highest at 190 (now at 187.5) and lowest was 150. Between 150 and all the way up to 170 I feel my best (size 8-10 - I'm currently a 12/14 and have a larger lower body).

Being 150 again would feel amazing, but now that I'm getting older I'll settle for 160-165. Things just aren't the same as they were when I was 17! Hah!
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    I measure in lbs, I'm 112 lbs, 51 kg, and 8 stone, 5"5 and an hour glass,
    My hips-30
    My waist-24
    Thigh- 19.5
    Higher arm- 10
    My bmi- 18.6
    So I'd still like to loose a few inches off all of those cus if I compar myself to my friends who way around 7-7.7 stone I'm chubbier, and they look great, so I'm not sure if I'm heavy, normal or too skinny for my height? Thanks everyone btw, this has been very helpful:D xxxxxx
  • Aviva92
    Options
    oh and when i was 5'4" and 140, i wore a size 12 and it was starting to get tight on me! yeah, i was definitely overweight at a weight where most people would be considered normal.

now i'm 116 and a size 8 in petities. it might be a 6 in regular, but haven't checked because i'm short.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I measure in lbs, I'm 112 lbs, 51 kg, and 8 stone, 5"5 and an hour glass,
    My hips-30
    My waist-24
    Thigh- 19.5
    Higher arm- 10
    My bmi- 18.6
    So I'd still like to loose a few inches off all of those cus if I compar myself to my friends who way around 7-7.7 stone I'm chubbier, and they look great, so I'm not sure if I'm heavy, normal or too skinny for my height? Thanks everyone btw, this has been very helpful:D xxxxxx

those measurements make you sound pretty small to me.
  • mollyanne3
    Options
    I'm 5'7" currently 131lbs, would love to be 125
    I've lost 4lbs so far and currently eat about 1200 Net Cal. per day (this includes a cardio and strength exercise each day)
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Before I looked at your pictures I thought 112 might be too light but judging from your pictures...you look good!I Maybe lose more in the tummy area but you don't have to lose pounds to do that. What kind of work-outs are you doing? I am not suggesting this only as an example....I have seen people weigh 10 pounds heavier than what they were and are considerably smaller....only due to their working out routines and eating right.
  • Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" current weight is 134.5 starting weight 185ish (don't know for sure because I was afraid to step on a scale) I started this a year ago my goal weight is to get below 130, being that I am 50 I think that is do able. I started out a size 14 now down to 6, I run every day at least 3 miles. Competed in five 5K races and am doing a marathon relay this month. Never plan on being too thin, just want to be healthy!
  • Bon90
    Bon90 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hannah,

Every one is different and everyone's body is different. When i was younger i was a size 8 weighing about 9st where as a friend of mine weighed 8-8.5 st and was the same size as me etc... :)
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    OP: At your Stated height and weight your BMI is 18.6 - at the extreme low end of the healthy range. Your body fat % puts you in the fitness range.

Description Women Men
    Essential fat 10–13% 2–5%
    Athletes 14–20% 6–13%
    Fitness 21–24% 14–17%
    Average 25–31% 18–24%
    Obese 32%+ 25%+

You do not need to lose any more weight as it will be unhealthy - if you do not like you shape - then you need to build muscle to change you measurements - not how much you weigh on the scale. losing more pound will mean losing more muscle which will not fix you shape.

Take a look at New Rules of lifting for Women http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

or at strong lifts 5x5 http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    @nana6799 thankyou! That's really helpful :D yeah I thought my belly was chubby ;D and I used to go to the gym 5 times a week and burn about 300-400 calories every time, now I just go for a jog 2 times a week, I'm gunna start the gym again soon cus maybe I just need to tone up instead of loosing weight cus I really just wanna look nicer, the numbers don't really bother me, I just wanna look more like mila Kunis ;D
  • ecruz519
    Options
    I'm 5'0-5'1 28yrs old
    Started at 115lbs then got pregnant
    Highest at 198lbs was size 15-16 in jeans
    Currently at 148lbs in size 9jeans
    Would love to get atleast down to 120 or 115
    I still would like some meat on my bones! I don't want
    To look like a little girl
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4
    Heaviest: 185
    CW: 122
    GW: 110 then a bulk to gain more muscle so I can lower my BF%. I'm skinny fat.
    You're a bit a taller than me & ur already 112. One of two things could be happening here OP. 1.) You are chubbier at ur weight & height than u wanna b (or skinny fat which is what I am). If that is the case, then u should probably do a bulk to add some muscle, then when u cut you will lose body fat & be slimmer, more fit looking. 2.) You have a problem. You think ur fat & ur really not. I struggle with an ED, so I understand you here. But it's not exactly the best to go under 110 at ur height. U will be underweight then & that's not healthy. You need to remember that the number on the scale isn't so important. Recomp ur body if ur not happy with it. Because losing weight will only make u sickly looking. Stop comparing urself to ur friends. That wont get u anywhere. People are made different, some are smaller than others because of their bone structure. By ur measurements you are TINY! You are NOT too heavy for ur height. It's possible that u might b too skinny. It's hard to tell w/o pictures.
  • anaduffy
    Options
    Maybe you should try strength training. Right now I'm 5'5 and i currently weigh 259lb but nobody believes that I'm that heavy because I have muscles under all the fat but I don't honestly don't care what I'm supposed to be at I just really want to get down to where I feel comfortable which might actually be 190lb shocking as that may be. but that would drop me down 77lb total and that to me would be the best thing.
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    @shorty35565 thanks! I have a picture on my profile of me at 140, and a picture next to it of me at 8 stone 5(117) so you can look at that and tell me your opinion?:) and your comment has been very helpful, thank you, I do really wanna tone up a bit so I'm starting the gym soon xx
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 I'm currently 182 and I'd like to be around 145 - 150. Sounds big for my height, but I honestly don't think I would look good much smaller if any smaller. My mother is a couple inches shorter than I am and she weighs in around 135 for her healthy weight and I've got a bigger structure than her.

I'm going to definitely tone out along the way. I just want to look fit.. the weight isn't a big deal as long as it's right for my body.