are there lots of nutters around ??

Options
1235»

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Wibble! Catfish!! Hatstand!!!

Friend request. Sent. (sorry, no message)
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    Wibble! Catfish!! Hatstand!!!

Friend request. Sent. (sorry, no message)

isn't that illegal ??????
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    so if i want to make friends with someone i shall write

''i am not a nutter and will not send naked photos to you,please be my friend''

got it.

To me, this would be a very effective FR message. If you mention the words, "motivation", "support", "journey" (unless capitalized and accompanied with a song title/lyrics), etc. then probably not. Unless, of course, you represent a demographic that is under-represented on my FL. Currently, I'm a little low on women 52-55, and (surprisingly), men 22-25.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You put warnings, or you accept and delete.

Every time I put a picture of a body part as my profile picture, lots of young, under-eating mfp users friend me. Even if I wrote asking for a message on my profile, I can't read messages on my app, so I probably won't get to read any message anyway. So... I accept, look at their recent activity, keep or delete. Is that better or worse? Nuttier or less nutty?

As for pervs, they don't go for me. I had one, who I rather led on, but in the end HE deleted ME for saying that I disagreed with avoiding high calorie, oily fish just because of the calories. When I see him posting anywhere I still can't forget what a perv he is... and hope he eats more!

Everyone just finds their own way to make the site work for them.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    what can i say, yes im a nutter, i like to bring humor into my dieting because its a sad thing if you cant laugh. I have brill friends on here who help me to stay on track, but i say it as i see it, this thread bored me i managed to read most of the first page then jumped to the end. You either have friends or not, you either do it on your own or not, acsepting a friend request doesnt mean you have to be friends forever. SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL.
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    what can i say, yes im a nutter, i like to bring humor into my dieting because its a sad thing if you cant laugh. I have brill friends on here who help me to stay on track, but i say it as i see it, this thread bored me i managed to read most of the first page then jumped to the end. You either have friends or not, you either do it on your own or not, acsepting a friend request doesnt mean you have to be friends forever. SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL.

Having a sense of humor is a great thing. You'll actually do better than people who don't. (laughter is the best medicine.) When you're too serious, you stress out to much. Stress=breaking out & weight gain because of what it makes you do.
  • victorialkay
    Options
    reading through some people's introductions...makes me laugh when they say things like 'i won't make friends with you unless you send me a message first,and even then it is not guaranteed i will be your friend'.....off to get my friend cv typed ;-)

They are just putting a wall up instantly, aren't they? Jeeee!! Join a weightloss support community and don't make friends, see how it goes!!! No support coming their way!! He he!!!

Actually, I think maybe you're right sometimes but not always. Some people do put a wall up and especially if the case is not wanting to make random friends. So like I say, just sayings n your profile, I will not accept a friend if you don't send a message is putting a wall up Straight away!

Before even talking to people or even giving someone a chance saying No! Come on if you have enough friends, be polite about it and just don't accept, no need to put it outright in your profile.

WRONG - quite the opposite actually. They usually aready have plenty of good and supportive friends and like in life, can be a little more selective. They are usually the people who provide the most support to others as they are not in the practice of just 'collecting friends for collecting friends sake'. If they accept it will be because they genuinely do want to give support and encouragement.
  • riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    Don't take a look at my profile picture - truly scarey.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i usually add anyone who asks. i like seeing other people's progress and what works for them. plus when i have questions, theres a better chance that a 'friend' will be able to answer it. plus i indulge in comparing myself to other women around my height. my guilty pleasure!
  • kloa71
    kloa71 Posts: 4
    Options
    lol darrensurrey :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
    Actually, I am.

I'm the most motivational person on MFP. Where the hell have you been?

She's being modest. She's actually the most motivational peron in the universe.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    if we lose weight do we have to lose our sense of humour ?

Losing weight is serious business. There is no room for jocularity here. I refuse to have humorous people on my FL. The first time a person makes a joke on my feed, they get a warning. The second joke they get cut.

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

He's not bullsh!tting. I sent him a nekkid picture and he gave me a warning for sending him a joke. I've been treading very lightly ever since. There's no statute of limitations on DavPul warnings. Once you get one it's there for life.
    Electric word, life, that means forever and that's a mighty long time.
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    if we lose weight do we have to lose our sense of humour ?

Losing weight is serious business. There is no room for jocularity here. I refuse to have humorous people on my FL. The first time a person makes a joke on my feed, they get a warning. The second joke they get cut.

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

He's not bullsh!tting. I sent him a nekkid picture and he gave me a warning for sending him a joke. I've been treading very lightly ever since. There's no statute of limitations on DavPul warnings. Once you get one it's there for life.
    Electric word, life, that means forever and that's a mighty long time.

too scared to send a FR.He scares the cr#p out of me already ;-)