Favorite Chicken Breast Marinades or toppings?

Options

Replies

• Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nando's Peri Peri sauce is one of my favorites. I don't think it's very well known in the US but when I was in South Africa they had it everywhere and it's addicting!

http://www.nandosusa.com/
    Found this recipe...by Emirl Lagasse

Piri Piri Sauce
    Ingredients
    1 1/4 cups olive oil
    4 fresh jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
    2 fresh poblano peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
    1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    8 turns freshly ground pepper
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    Directions
    Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in a saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, remove from heat, and allow to cool to room temperature. When the mixture is cool, pour into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until smooth. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Pour the sauce into a glass container and cover. Let sit for 7 days before using.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lately my 2 favs are:

chicken breasts covered in diced tomatoes w/basil, minced onions and black pepper...baked until juices run clear..its bruchetta chicken..delicious.

Then I love to make fajita chicken in the crockpot...5-6 chicken breasts whole, 3-4 different colored bell peppers cut into slices, 1 small onion sliced thin, 1/2 cup fat free low sodium(or sodium free chicken broth), cumin, chili powder, and cayenne powder..add all into the crockpot and cook on low 6-8n hours or on hi 4-5 hours..yummy!

I have a pork loin, similar to chicken breast, all white meat, I think I will try fajita pork in the crock pot! I'm going to the store at lunch, I love MFP.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a couple go to recipes for chicken breasts, especially for the winter when I can't grill all the time :P

1/ Lemon Dill Chicken (1 breast - approx 184 cal, 7g fat)

1 chicken breast
    1 tsp dill, fresh or dry
    1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
    1 tsp evoo (optional, helps the marinade stick to the chicken and aids in browning but I've done it without and it tastes the same)
    1 clove garlic minced (also optional, changes the flavour slightly so I use it from time to time)

Put chicken in a ziplock bag and add dill, lemon zest and juice (oil and galic if you choose to) and let sit in fridge 15mins -1hr. Bake or grill and enjoy :)

2/ IDK Marinade Chicken (1 breast- approx 209cal, 7g fat)

2 tbls worcestershire sauce
    2 tbls soy sauce
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp EVOO (optional)

Add everything to bag, let marinade in fridge 15min-1hr, grill or bake.

3/ Brazed Chicken w/ white wine reduction (1breast -approx 334cal, 11g fat)

2-3 Shallots diced
    1 tsp EVOO
    1 tsp butter
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1/2 cup white wine
    1 tsp thyme
    1-2 cups water

Add EVOO and butter to hot pan (med high heat), sear both sides of the chicken breast until nicely brown. Turn heat to medium and add Shallots and garlic and sweat until nearly translucent. Turn heat back to med high and add wine, scrape the bottom of the pan with wooden spoon while wine cooks off for a min or so. Add water until 1/2 to 3/4 of the chicken breast is submerged. Add thyme and bring to a boil and cover, cook until water is all cooked off and a thick sauce starts to form. Tip: When the waters nearly gone turn the heat down to low and stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning. Pour some (or all ;) ) of the sauce over the chicken after you put it on the plate.

I usually make 2 chicken breast at a time so I tried to scale these down to work with 1 breast (maple leaf prime portions)
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For low carb fake fried chicken, dip your chicken in egg or egg substitute, roll in crushed pork rinds and bake! Zero carbs!

I also LOVE to put a little buffalo wing sauce and a tiny bit of blue cheese dressing on baked breasts!

One more thing I do a lot with chicken breasts is make them Moroccan style (the hub is from there). Google recipes for chicken tagine. You can find a ton of awesome recipes! You can sub chicken breasts for pieces or a whole chicken.

I have also become very fond of cooking chicken breasts with skin on my broiler pan. Just spray the pan with non-stick spray and bake like normal. The chicken stays juicy and has a PERFECT crunchy skin and its not sitting in "stuff" when its done.

Thanks for all the awesome ideas!!!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i'm new to this site. i've really enjoyed some of these recipe ideas. i'm going to be trying a lot of them. Thanks for all the help and info. it's greatly appreciated. i just hope i don't run out of paper to write them all down. lol
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    yum *bump *yum
  • Louloubelle278
    Louloubelle278 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i've tried mixing mustard with yogurt and spreading it on a chicken breast, then baking it. Very very good.
  • carts1179
    carts1179 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Corn Flake chicken. Faux fried/crispy chicken

Put about 2 cups of corn flakes in a zip bag and squeeze bag until flakes are crumbled. pour on a plate.
    Crack one egg and whisk. Dip chicken in the egg then put in crushed cornflakes and roll to coat the chicken. Place in baking pan and put in oven at 350 degrees until thickest part of chicken reaches 160 degrees, about an hour.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Bump for new ideas
  • wendy378
    Options
    Bump
  • russellalr
    russellalr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RachCurran
    RachCurran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    When I used to eat meat my favorite was lemon-pepper spice and grapefruit juice + papaya tenderiser. Let it soak overnight then wrap it in foil, put in the oven and you'll love it.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • caperam
    caperam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!!