Looking for C25K Buddies

Options
124»

Replies

• katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Did W1D3 on Thursday, managed to get through it all but found it hard still so going to repeat the week for sure. Would much rather take twice as long to do the programme than give up because I'm trying to do more than body can handle.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've done this for a week now but still find it challenging. While I can run once it says to start running, I find myself stopping myself short during the running sessions. So I think the best way for me to get better and more conditioned to running is to repeat the same day's workout for the week. Last week I stayed on W1/D1. This week I'm going to focus on W1/D2. It's definitely going to take longer than the 8 weeks, but if I'm committed, I don't see the problem.
  • astridlind22
    Options
    I finished week one yesterday.
    I'm very excited to move on to week 2 tomorrow. I'm not sure if i can run for 90 sec yet (SIGH!) but i will do my best.
    I just love watching myself run at the gym. I think i look great - and i feel like one of the thin girls at the gym (eventhough i'm not!!)

I wanna join a 5 k run this summer. Not sure i'm gonna make it, but i'm gonna try to KICK *kitten*!

Feel free to join me - or follow my journey at www.ugens7dage.blogspot.com (Just hit the translationbutton)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I started the C25k last summer, but didn't get too far into it for a slew of stupid reasons. I mean I continued running, but didn't do it as the program has it set up because I wasn't sure what speed you supposed to start with and what speed was for running (does it vary by person? I'm solely a treadmill runner.....for now.)

With that said though, it's time to dust myself off and give it the ol' college try again. Got my eyes set on a couple of upcoming 5ks this year, and so I hope to complete it this time.. so yes.. definitely count me in! I'll start over from scratch as well. Huzzah!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I meant to start week 1 last week-but circumstances had a different idea-I am slated to do C25K on wed and sundays, but this past Wed we had alot of snow and the roads were horrible, so I couldn't make it safely to the gym, so I did exercise DVDs instead. Yesterday my husband wanted the car to go to the museum one last time to see his favorite exhibit before it left that day, and I was up till 2am so I was too tired to make it to my 9am class at the gym anyways...so I did DVDs at home. This week is it! No horrible weather is expected, no dino exhibits leaving the museum, it's on!!!
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So how is it going everyone. I have just about completed week 2 so will move on to week three tomorrow or Monday. So far so good. I am doing it everyday and sometimes even twice. Sometimes its hard to kick myself out the door but once I am out there I am into it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I skipped ahead to week 2 on Wed because I'd kinda been running intervals already-will be starting week 3 tomorrow....
  • dmacbeth12
    Options
    On week 2 of C25K and feel okay. My goal is to run a girl mud run by summer and not look like a fool. I used to run 5+ miles years ago before I broke my ankle. Trying to do it again and lose some weight along the way.:smile:
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Still one week one but have made it to day 3 which for me is amazing! My time limit to get through the program is by he end of this year. I don't want to get disappointed and give up....I'm just oing to keep slogging away. :)
  • shellbellnz
    Options
    Still one week one but have made it to day 3 which for me is amazing! My time limit to get through the program is by he end of this year. I don't want to get disappointed and give up....I'm just oing to keep slogging away. :)
    Good on you. Just do it in your own pace.
  • Gingernut1949
    Gingernut1949 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K programme two weeks ago and I'm going out on my third run of week two today. I enjoy Laura's podcasts and look forward to improving my running. I'm very slow! I'm aiming at doing a half-marathon in September.
    I started the 5:2 lifestyle diet after watching Michael Mosley's Horizon programme "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" (http://tinyurl.com/a8ppjl7) in August and have lost 2 stone 4 lbs so only have about 10 pounds to lose. I was feeling so much fitter that I decided to start running as well and find the 'runtastic pro' app a super add-on to MyFitnessPal and the C25K programme - three apps open at once on my phone.

I turned 63 just before Christmas!
  • Gingernut1949
    Gingernut1949 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Apparently you should leave a day in between to give your body time to recover. Beware you don't get an injury that will stop you running altogether.
  • Spikethered
    Options
    Hi, I am doing a 25k in March, so have just started too...I printed off a BUPA training programme from Google and am using that . Feel free to add me :-)
  • smcneely6202
    smcneely6202 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K program about a week ago. I'm now on W2D2. Things are going well so far. I tried this last year and had some problems with bursting blood vessels and had to stop. Hoping all goes better this time. Please add me if you like. I like going to the gym to run right now but I know I'll be needing the motivation when I get further into the program.
  • Katerina2109
    Katerina2109 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D1 and I'm very exhausted and my lungs and my belly hurt. I don't know why, I didn't eat anything and drank just a little the hour before I started. I've never run before and I guess it's a bad time to start for me because it's snowing a lot and I live in a hilly area, but I'm gonna do it anyway! Now that I'm motivated I just have to! :D
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's all going well so far and I'm noticing that my HR is down a lot and I'm finding the runs much easier. Hoping to do W3D3 in the gym tomorrow morning before uni
  • shellbellnz
    Options
    Actually I think I am starting to notice the runs a little easier as well. I am slightly freaking out next week when the runs are 5 mins I think for week 4. It seems like a big jump from 3 mins. Oh well will worry about that in a few days.
  • dmacbeth12
    Options
    I'm on week 5, its not too bad, but I can't imagine going to 7 then 10 min in a week. 5 is like as long as I can go. I hope it gets easier for me
  • shellbellnz
    Options
    How is it going everyone? I am on week 5 and have completed my first 20 min run. I still cannot believe that I can actually run for 20 mins. Its just amazing.
  • dmacbeth12
    Options
    Awesome, I just started week 6, good days and bad days, but I"m doing it!:smile: