I'm starting a tea fast soon, anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you feel sick or can't function because you haven't eaten in awhile I'd be worried -- that's not how your body should respond to a lack of food.

That is EXACTLY how your body should (and does) respond to a lack of food.

WTH.

People be cray cray.

And I'm really thinking that there should be a common sense test to get a license to have children before people are allowed to have them. There's clearly a lack of it among many parents.

You're wrong here too - that's two for two. Did you bother to look it up before calling people crazy and unfit parents?
    Look up what? You need a peer-reviewed article to know that a lack of food will make a person light-headed and impair the person's ability to think clearly? Seriously?

Are you the type of person I see on Animal Cops who doesn't feed his or her pets? Clearly, living beings don't actually need food.

Obviously, going a reasonable amount of time between meals shouldn't affect people negatively. But only drinking tea for several days at a time is not going to have a positive effect.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    DAY 2!! OH MY GOD I'M STARVING TO DEATH I'M ABOUT TO PASS OUT!! Lol yeah right.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If you feel sick or can't function because you haven't eaten in awhile I'd be worried -- that's not how your body should respond to a lack of food.

WTH.

People be cray cray.

And I'm really thinking that there should be a common sense test to get a license to have children before people are allowed to have them. There's clearly a lack of it among many parents.

You're wrong here too - that's two for two. Did you bother to look it up before calling people crazy and unfit parents?

... Would you like to link to famous studies on effects of starvation? Nazi studies? The Minnesota Experiment? The surviving Jewish physicians of the Warsaw Ghetto who published studies? The studies in the 1960s that followed up on these things (as obviously many were controversial) and found that yes, starving is not good for the body over a long period of time... your body will stop functioning?

Or perhaps you'd like to look earlier? Maybe into the WWI studies conducted on the effects of low eating done by the Bolsheviks, or in Britain and France?

Maybe look sooner? Maybe look at the decades of study the University of Minnesota continued doing, finding little change in the key that "starvation isn't good for a long period of time." Maybe check out some health psychology books that are often written by both M.Ds, PhDs, and nutritionists and entail different methods of ED recovery, therapy, etc. in order to get someone who is sick and starving to be healthy again? Because they're SICK and starving, not just mentally?

Oh, I know! Maybe we could just remember what "BMR" means... and, hey! Why do we need those calories again!? If we don't get those... nothing... happens... right?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

maybe not, but very soon your body will start eating your muscle mass for fuel and depleting it's stores of micronutrients including calcium

very silly thing to voluntarily do to yourself
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Look up what? You need a peer-reviewed article to know that a lack of food will make a person light-headed and impair the person's ability to think clearly? Seriously?

Are you the type of person I see on Animal Cops who doesn't feed his or her pets? Clearly, living beings don't actually need food.

Obviously, going a reasonable amount of time between meals shouldn't affect people negatively. But only drinking tea for several days at a time is not going to have a positive effect.
    A healthy bodies response to a lack of food is what you're ignorant on so if I were you that's where I'd start. Whether it's healthful to fast or not is another subject you're welcome to research if you can pull yourself away from Animal Cops. (WTF, is Animal Cops?!)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

WTH.

People be cray cray.

... Would you like to link to famous studies on effects of starvation? Nazi studies? The Minnesota Experiment? The surviving Jewish physicians of the Warsaw Ghetto who published studies? The studies in the 1960s that followed up on these things (as obviously many were controversial) and found that yes, starving is not good for the body over a long period of time... your body will stop functioning?

Or perhaps you'd like to look earlier? Maybe into the WWI studies conducted on the effects of low eating done by the Bolsheviks, or in Britain and France?

Maybe look sooner? Maybe look at the decades of study the University of Minnesota continued doing, finding little change in the key that "starvation isn't good for a long period of time." Maybe check out some health psychology books that are often written by both M.Ds, PhDs, and nutritionists and entail different methods of ED recovery, therapy, etc. in order to get someone who is sick and starving to be healthy again? Because they're SICK and starving, not just mentally?

Oh, I know! Maybe we could just remember what "BMR" means... and, hey! Why do we need those calories again!? If we don't get those... nothing... happens... right?
    Right, because a few days without food is exactly like being held in a concentration camp. No difference at all really.
  • firstsip
    Options
    Annnnd this thread is still open when it's clearly violated multiple guidelines so far, been reported on... and yet you can't make a joke about vampires or yoga pants.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

maybe not, but very soon your body will start eating your muscle mass for fuel and depleting it's stores of micronutrients including calcium

Yup.

Can this dumbass **** get locked down now please?
  • firstsip
    Options

WTH.

People be cray cray.

Right, because a few days without food is exactly like being held in a concentration camp. No difference at all really.

We are talking prolonged starvation here. You yelled at RML that "Your body doesn't react that way when it doesn't get calories." ... And I'm citing studies that say otherwise. And basic human science.

You hardly specified "one or two days" of fasting. I practice a form of IF here... but I also dealt with anorexia for a LONG time, and I had way too much therapy from psychologists and medical doctors to accept "Four days of just tea is healthy."
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options

I used to actually believe that too when I used to read tons of Men's Health magazines and Muscle & Fitness etc.. I thank God I ran into a book called "Medicina Natural al Alcanse De Todos" by Manuel Lezaeta Acharan.
  • rml_16
    Options
    That isn't what I said.

But if you do not have any symptoms of needing food after two days of not eating, you are a very special case.

Look, I'm not saying you're going to do permanent damage. And if you're planning to sit around the house and not have to make any serious decisions or use heavy machinery, have at it.

But it's a STUPID thing to go days without food when you have a sick child who needs you to be clear-headed. Healthy bodies DO react poorly to being deprived of food, even in the short-term. Anyone who thinks differently is kidding himself.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    That isn't what I said.

But if you do not have any symptoms of needing food after two days of not eating, you are a very special case.

Look, I'm not saying you're going to do permanent damage. And if you're planning to sit around the house and not have to make any serious decisions or use heavy machinery, have at it.

But it's a STUPID thing to go days without food when you have a sick child who needs you to be clear-headed. Healthy bodies DO react poorly to being deprived of food, even in the short-term. Anyone who thinks differently is kidding himself.

I guess you can call me a special case. I do a lot of things that the average person doesn't do and are considered "crazy" by lot's of people. I take cold showers right after a steam shower, I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores, I fast, I'm vegan, a meal replacement and some fresh squeezed vegetable juice is usually my breakfast , a banana and a raw revolution energy bar are usually my lunch and a banana an apple and 2 oranges + a few pecans can be my dinner.
  • Camandes
    Options
    Thing is folks, I do not think the poster is even 18...just saying...
    My thoughts exactly...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    , I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores,

ya....we should take your advice on nutrition
  • firstsip
    Options
    I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores.

I don't know how to quit you.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    , I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores,

ya....we should take your advice on nutrition

I'm not asking you to. I wouldn't take any advice from someone that weights 198 lbs either.
  • MLM516
    MLM516 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....thought about it but...dont think so....nutrition????? Good Luck!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores.

I don't know how to quit you.

I don't keep my toxins in my fat stores
  • rml_16
    Options
    I put mud on my abdominal area and leave it there for an hour to extract toxins out of my fat stores,

LMFAO

Go do your fast. Your kid's screwed, anyway.
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Alright anyways I have work to do. This thread has been taken over by people that have nothing to do with fasting and will probably get locked or something. If anyone wants to see my results afterwards just add me because just like thr OP I'm done talking to a wall.
This discussion has been closed.