Do you log your binges?

Options
I'm not talking planned cheat days, but true binges, with all the guilt and make-up cardio that come with it. Do you log all the food? I've never binged in my life before MFP, but have been doing it more and more since December (stupid Christmas cookies and candy). I have never logged my binges mostly because I eat too much too quick to even remember. I binged again last night and actually logged the cals for the first time ever, it was horrifying, I'm really hoping seeing it finally in black and white will be my trigger out of this cycle. You guys?

Replies

• sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I didn't always log the binges but I do now. I think it is sobering to see the amount one indulges in - seems to help me keep in check more.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Yes. I own it then I move on. No sense in hiding it or beating myself up over it.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always log my binges....they haven't been too bad so far, but I tried to stay away from all the Christmas goodies this year, even though I make most of the cookies and a couple batches of fudge that the whole extended family enjoys. I had 2 pieces of fudge last night and I logged those.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Log everything. It is a real wake up call.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I log all I eat. I am doing this for me. I keep my diary open and if someone doesnt like how I am eating I havent had a word of criticism yet. I have to know whats going in so I can keep the exercise and food in balance and not gain but maintain or lose.
  • tlspratley
    tlspratley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, but I didn't at first. But really, I was only cheating myself by not logging it and then "wondering" why I wasn't losing......
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Yep. This is for ME to keep track of things, can't lie to myself anyway so, may as well face the music.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I log all my food/drink...so yes, absolutely. Why would I hide it? Doing so would prevent me for being really accountable, at least for myself.

I refuse to hide my binges because the best way to get over it and learn from it...is to face it.

ETA: At least for me, I don't log until I'm just about to eat something. That has helped me stop a binge many times. It makes me really think about what I'm doing, if I'm really hungry, and what I'm eating. Aside from helping stop binges, it has helped me make smarter choices as well as stop me from stress/emotional/bored eating and overeating in general.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You better be logging your binges! You are only cheating yourself if you don't. Besides, if you are looking for motivation and support, your friends can't kick your butt back into the right direction if they can't see what you did.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It's a new year so made a decision to do so this year.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything. Good or Bad.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I had a really bad binge yesterday and ate probably 3 times my calories or more and I logged it. I'm like you OP, before MFP I NEVER binged so I don't know why I am now. It's worrying me. I'm going to take the week off logging and see how I go. No getting on the scales either.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    if it's trackable, I usually do. acts as a reminder to me so I can hold myself accountable.
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Yes I hold myself 100% accountable.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    <
    See today's log. :noway: I sure do!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You need to log your binges or you are only going to wind up hurting yourself. Trust me, I know!!
  • Juashmom
    Options
    I do...
  • tealbubbles
    tealbubbles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make myself log them. It is a good wake up call for me to see how many calories I can consume in a few minutes without even thinking about it, and a good reminder of how often I used to eat that way. Helped me realize why I got to the size and weight I once was! It really has been a learning tool for me.

One day I even logged everything I ate when I went out for appetizers with a friend.... it has taught me to never order certain orders off a menu again as I know it is just not worth it. One of my favourite appetizer platters used to be 3600 calories and 170 g of fat, and I can only imagine how much sodium!! Which is CRAZY - and that was just 1 meal in a day.... I still ate regular meals throughout the day in addition to that. Now I will never order that again - just no desire!!

I've also found, as I am eating healthier, when I do give in to the occasional binge they are at least much better than they used to be.... slightly healthier and smaller - baby steps I guess ;) Still have a long ways to go. I'm a HUGE emotional eater, so I'm still trying to learn how to channel my stress to overcome this issue.

Sometimes logging it teaches me a lesson....other days I just don't want to know (lol) and chalk it up to a bad day and move on :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    For the most part, but sometimes if I've really gone over and there's more to log I just say "Screw it!" and call it a day. More out of laziness than anything else. LOL
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I do. I think it's just as important to see the bad days as the good days, especially when the number of bad days gets less. :-)