Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    always...so I can look back and see what i did to myself
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes. By logging everything. I'm being honest with myself & accountable for what I'm doing. By logging everything even binges I became aware of patterns, craving & reason for setback. I'm an emotional binge eater so I logged what happened to drive me to binge. As I have become more aware I grab the dogs & go for a walk, or call or friend to check in, anything to take me out of the kitchen & focus on something else. Binges are becoming fewer & farther apart for I'm reprogramming my thinking. When I was little if I got hurt, had a bad day mom always had a sweet to make the hurt go away!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Of course. Every bite.

Sometimes I get lazy and use my "best guess" entry (1,000 calorie increments or fractions thereof - I guess a little high too) for the complicated meals - like eating at a tailgate and trying 25 different appetizers.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I plan my binges ahead of time and call it "free day".
    Last Friday was one such day...I ate almost 6000 calories over...LOVED IT :drinker:
  • Hedwards76
    Hedwards76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've always logged them...but, that is why I have failed and stopped using MFP in the past...felt too guilty looking at all the damage! That's why I decided to try this again for the new year...have more accountability, but to also realize *kitten* happens, and then you move on!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Only if I can remember- sometimes its called "grazing" and I dont care or remember- I dont do it much, when I do I feel like crap! BUT the next day is new and just start over!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Food for thought: If you only started binging after you joined MFP, your weight loss goals may be to ambitious for the amount of weight you have to lose. I see in your profile that you don't have much to lose, so you might want to try losing only 1/2 pound per week.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat, good or bad!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I log everything
  • smallstarshining
    Options
    I don't know about anybody else, but I'm barely aware of what I'm putting in my mouth during a true food binge. It would be impossible to log.

(EDIT: I haven't binged in over a year, though, so... so the next time it happens- which hopefully it won't- I'll try to remember to log out of morbid satisfaction.)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Proudly
  • pengem789
    Options
    Funny, I didn't - I would just let the day kind of unfinished and try to start over the next day. Now I've reached a plateau so I decided to be like a lot of the awesome people on this string and log EVERY thing, shame or not, LOL!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I log them bc I know I can try and make up for it in my overall weekly calorie count.. Sometimes though I dont remember everything so I will just add calories to meet my count for the day or if I know I'm well over (as is the case usually) I'll estimate the calorie count overall then add like 500...
  • imcatbear
    Options
    Yes...well as much as I can remember if it is something I call a true binge.

I was doing really well with the Christmas cookies, until today. I don't know what the true caloric damage is, but I guessed and made a note. At least I was at the gym today so I don't feel as bad, but...eh. It happens.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Yes cos it pulls me up, I think it's natural to zig zag and it's honesty for my friends...I don't want them thinking I lost being "good" all the time. Part of succeeding is accepting the stumble and learning from it or moving on. Dump the guilt.
  • F1953
    F1953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, even the stupid stuff. One of the things I have to get away from is eating pistachios--lots of them.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you don't you're a doucher. Dishonest with yourself, your support team... those you are helping. If you eat it, log it. If not for yourself, for the poor sap that's looking to you for their support. Don't be selfish and self centered about it!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I too, found it interesting that you only started binging since joining MFP. I agree, maybe you should reassess and see if you are cutting your calories too much...thus leading to the binge.

I used to not log binges, I just wasn't quite there yet. Then, as I got a little further along, I came to the point where I wanted to be even more honest with myself and log them. Actually, sometimes I discovered that they weren't as hideous as I had thought. Like, I would be all OH NO I'VE RUINED EVERYTHING I'VE PROBABLY EATEN 4000 CALORIES TODAY but after logging found out it was more like 3000. Still high, but not as high as I had thought. For me it was a good thing because then I also had less of the after-guilt, and spent slightly less time beating myself up.

I have binges less and less, but I usually try to log anytime I go over. Sometimes I estimate, but either way I have found it's important not to beat myself up too much when I slip up a bit.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I log every edible thing that goes in my mouth-good, bad or otherwise.
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I almost always log my binges. It helps me see reasons behind why I lost or gained. It is also about being honest with myself. If I don't log it then I feel guilty and ashamed. The way I see it there is nothing to be ashamed of. Some days I make good choices and some days I don't - my log is a record of my choices so I can correlate those choices with my weight. There is no point in beating yourself up. You move forward, exercise a little more and maybe next time you'll eat a little less. I still have binge days but I am eating less when I binge and they are more infrequent.

BTW - I sometimes plan for "free days" when I know I will eat a lot of cookies or ice cream or something. My opinion is that if I only go crazy once in a while it isn't going to kill my progress. The entire batch of cookies I ate on Christmas isn't going to make me gain my 12 lbs back. It just has to be rare.