Does anyone else loath running?

Options
I was wondering because for some reason it is truly something I can't stand and part of me at times wishes I enjoyed it but I cannot get myself into it lol. I like the elliptical, walking, hiking, cycling/riding a real bike, even swimming, but running? No way jose! Anyone else feel this way???

Replies

• sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Loathe* lol
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Me. Likely why I don't do it.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't like running on the treadmill, but bcuz of the colder weather I have to use it...so what I did, was I downloaded a traing app for a half marathon on my cell phone, that way I have to check it off as I finish it :) it holds my accountable...
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I want to like it, but I end up uncoordinated and out of breathe :( Even when I try to pace myself I can only run very very short distances and it takes me longer than I was running to catch my breath and quit feeling like I have sharp pains in my sides. I did a 5k and was walking before I hit the first hill and was luckily with someone else who was walking from my group of Zumba ladies.

I can go full out insanity or p90x and kick some booty!!! I can't run for 5 minutes :(
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running outside, but Im actually starting to really enjoy it.

When I first started I started on the treadmill, then moved to running outside (which I found much harder).

Ive found that if I stick with it, get some good music and a good rhythm happening, I rather quite enjoy it.

I NEVER thought that I would be saying that I enjoy running, but I am starting to.
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Loathe is putting it lightly for me.... well, 3 months ago maybe. You gotta get the Couch to 5k app. Mine was free, by zen labs. It takes you SO slowly from walking, then jogging, little by little and it makes it so easy. Before you know it, you'll be running a 5k, and believe it or not, LOOKING FORWARD to your running days! Try it and let me know! I wouldn't believe it either, but new years day I did my first 5k and finished in 30 minutes!

Good luck
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I am actually not allowed to run or do anything "high impact". Both my knees are bad from having dislocated both (yes, it hurt a lot) and the Doctor says running will just move me into artificial knees that much faster. Plus, he said there's no point to running when I can burn the same calories and get the same health benefits from doing a fast walk.

Currently, we're having the treadmill vs elliptical argument in our house for our exercise room redo. I want the treadmill, he wants the elliptical. I'll probably use it more... I win (or at least that's how I saw it)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I want to love it so much that I talk myself into it most days. The times that it feels so good make me come back and suffer through all the times it drags on.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I do, I refuse to run lol big boobs are not great for everything lol
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I used to loathe it also. But then I tried C25K. And I liked it. :)
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't like running either. I also have a bad knee, but I didn't like running before I started having knee problems. Don't know what it is exactly that I don't like, just don't like it. I'd rather walk thank you!! :happy:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I loathed it. I persisted through the loathing phase. Now I can't live without it. I attribute a great part of my success to it. :flowerforyou:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it. Then I got in shape and discovered it's a lot easier than I remembered and that it's the only thing that feels like a really great workout. Now I'm an addict.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    their are two people in this world; those that hate running, and ****ing liars.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i hated it at first, but now that i see what it can do for my body, i am starting to like it :-)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    me.

hate it.

nothx
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    me.

hate it.

nothx

my night just got worse
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Each of us must tap our own passions and plug this into an effective exercise routine.
    The best exercises are those we do consistently, so find what you enjoy and have fun.
    My workouts are my joy!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, C25K helped that. Then I got hurt and then lazy and suddenly I woke up one morning thinking "I miss that!"

Don't do it if you don't at least tolerate it, there's so many other things you can do for fitness than run. You don't have to be a runner!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I hated running. I said I would never do it. I was walking fast, eventually I felt like running a little bit. I finally decided to just go really slow and walk between. Inside on the treadmill, watching TV or netflix, and just very slowly progressing. I admit I started to like it. Then I noticed it was the only exercise that actually worked off my waist and legs. Now I notice that if I quit for a week or 2 I get cottage cheese thighs back. I had no idea I carried water there, but it zipps right off if I get back on my runs. I'm up to a comfortable 5K on the treadmill. It looks really good on me. My slow pace is a little too slow for me, now.