Does anyone else loath running?

Options
12346»

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I hate running. I don't feel any need to MAKE myself like it, either.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Ever wonder what an eagle feels like as it is swooping down from the sky?
    Ever see a deer bolt into the woods through trees so thick you didn't even think there was a gap?
    Ever see a lion take down a gazelle?

That's what running feels like.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    running is for criminals
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    their are two people in this world; those that hate running, and ****ing liars.

LMAO :laugh:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    i hated it at first, but now that i see what it can do for my body, i am starting to like it :-)
    @cbrrabbit25
    OMG! Your back is awesome!!! Amazing work!

I want to love it-Just seem to have 2 left feet!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I want to like it, but I end up uncoordinated and out of breathe :( Even when I try to pace myself I can only run very very short distances and it takes me longer than I was running to catch my breath and quit feeling like I have sharp pains in my sides.

I can go full out insanity or p90x and kick some booty!!! I can't run for 5 minutes :(

That's me ^^^

And me!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Ever wonder what an eagle feels like as it is swooping down from the sky?
    Ever see a deer bolt into the woods through trees so thick you didn't even think there was a gap?
    Ever see a lion take down a gazelle?

That's what running feels like.
    ...ever see a manatee laying in the sun?
    ...ever see a sloth resting in the brush?
    ...ever see a hog wallowing in slop?

This is why I run!
  • twrites2
    twrites2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate running with a burning passion.
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    I always thought I didn't. but started C25K, it's early days, but at least I've made it to week 2!!!
  • Sla6adm
    Sla6adm Posts: 31
    Options
    I hate it because I can feel my *kitten* jiggling up and down. I'm shaped a bit like Kim Kardashian - I have a big *kitten*, and running gear is not flattering!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    their are two people in this world; those that hate running, and ****ing liars.

^ I loathe running. I lift and I do HIIT with sprints (which I don't mind because its running for 20 secs).
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I would love to love running... but having been overweight my entire life, and asthmatic as a child... it's something I've never been able to do. I've actually had dreams where I can effortlessly run like the wind... but it's never happened. Maybe someday... but now with bursitis and morton's neuroma in my right foot, I don't know if I'll ever be able to handle the impact of it, even at goal weight. boo
  • missyfitter
    missyfitter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm the same ... I always get great results when I start running but I HATE it so much - runner high is a gyp!
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Me Me Me!!!!!! Can't stand running/jogging...no fun, boring, hurts my feet and knees, no desire to do it, idc about marathons, etc.!!! I'll do just about anything else, but that. I'd rather walk and take in the scenery and be nosy looking at neighbor's landscaping, than run. Or I'd rather dance, or do Zumba, or a million other more fun things!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I enjoy brisk walking. You don't have to run ;) Unless someone is chasing you...:laugh: :laugh:

As a great comedian once said, "It's always the runners getting killed on the crime shows... They don't have the energy left to run away." :laugh: :laugh:
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loathe running. I get 10 steps and I'm bored and hating it.

Like so many others, I need a reason to run--I used to play a lot of soccer and loved it. Now, I play ice hockey and ice skate, which is great exercise.

My latest epiphany is that meeting a friend at her apartment complex's workout room is one of the best ways to exercise. We get to see each other and talk and laugh, and since we're on separate elliptical trainers, I can go at my own speed and she can go at hers! I really enjoy this (and the workout room has really nice ellipticals).

I went looking for a Cto5K-type of swimming program once, but didn't find anything as good. And I think "Zombies, Run!" would actually be fun, but I don't own an iPhone.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have always loathed running even when I could. I was never good at it, I don't know but it may have had something to do with the braces I had to wear on my legs when I was young. My gym teacher (who followed me from middle school to high school) was always disappointed with my running. She thought with my long legs I would be a natural runner and/or basketball player.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well I mostly loathe it because I can't do it very well. When in fitter times I liked it more.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I dont like it either but i have to run to keep my job so, I force myself to do it. But the feeling of finishing the 1.5miles in time or doing a 5k is amazing because I completed something really hard for me and even though I don't "like" running I like winning (even if it just the battle against my mind).
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hate running without a purpose - I played soccer/basketball/softball all of my younger years - running to a GOAL, to get a ball, back a basket, running bases - etc.. I can do without a problem.. I just cant get on a treadmill and run a few miles SO BORING.

With that being said - because I no longer play sports.. I do HITT running outside, when the weather is good.

^^^ This. i hate running just for running sake. Maybe try taking up a sport you can do it as part of...