Seeking accoutability buddies who get it.....

Options

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    exactly - well said- i believe almost the exact same things.

you can add me if you want - as well as anybody else seeing this post.
    i could use all the accountability buddies i can get.
  • swarniehunt
    swarniehunt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything in your original post. I totally need to be held accountable. I'm on a mission to be my healthiest this year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Time to feel healthy and stop yo-yo dieting. I'm off to a good start today. Feel free to add me and we can all hold each other accountable.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If I disrespected or offended anyone I am truly sorry. I was only stating my view and only what I do.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If I disrespected or offended anyone I am truly sorry. I was only stating my view and only what I do.

NOT offended at all. Everyone has different views! :)
  • merzback
    Options
    Bump- Looking for even more who get it :)
  • penni214
    penni214 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I give a big AMEN to that...you go girl! I'm with ya!
  • merzback
    Options
    bump
  • tamduff
    Options
    WOW, I love this too and wonder how many "buddies" you have? Do you think starting a group would be a good idea? Maybe then we can team up with 1 or 2 individuals instead of you helping all these people be accountable. What do you think of my idea? I don't know what the site allows as for as far as forming groups, but there are other ways to do it too. Let me know what you think!
    TAMDUFF
  • merzback
    Options
    WOW, I love this too and wonder how many "buddies" you have? Do you think starting a group would be a good idea? Maybe then we can team up with 1 or 2 individuals instead of you helping all these people be accountable. What do you think of my idea? I don't know what the site allows as for as far as forming groups, but there are other ways to do it too. Let me know what you think!
    TAMDUFF

That's a great idea. One of my goals is to eventually write a book on the diet industry to help people deal with all the stigma, fads, lieds, negative information, bad information.

I am thinking of possibly starting a group on here but not sure how to go about it- do you?
    THanks for the positive feedback everyone!
    It is hard to email everyone constantly and buddying up is good. I have also thought of doing conference calls weekly to check in and for support. I know there are ways to do that.
  • monicabuc1
    monicabuc1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating."

Love this!

I'm in. Looking to be healthy and fit, physically & mentally.
    Sent friend request.
  • wandarb
    wandarb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW! Merzback, you said it all and thank you for doing that.

I have been struggling with my weight for most of my adult lif and I would love to support you on your journey and I look forward to being accountable and getting support with that too.

I have between 35 to 45 pounds to lose and enjoyed my first binge-free days in ages yesterday in a very long time. I am very happy about that and will do my best to make today day another binge-free day.

I wish you all the best on your healthy living journey, have a wonderful day.

Cheers

Wanda
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOVE the post! I sent a friend request and anyone else reading this, well you feel the same so I am more than willing to be your accountability buddy too :)
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love the thoughts.. feel free to add me.. I started my journey almost a year ago... and healthy is my main goal not the number in my pants.
  • sassyjess85
    Options
    I LIKE IT!!!! and I am ready... too many years of bad habits, thinking a diet will fix that. It never works, staying focus taking it one minute at a time.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am in. Everything you wrote sounds awesome. What I want is a lifestyle change, it is just going to take some time for me to relearn portions and how to eat. It is definitely a process!
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm up for it. Most of my MFP buddies are more of the long-run type of people that I really have fun sharing and motivating with. If you like you can add me up. :)
  • ajstewart20745
    ajstewart20745 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    this is kool I think I'll try it.
  • naheed70
    naheed70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me your whole philosophy resonates acutely with me and I would be very grateful for support and motivation we could give each other reciprocally.
  • laceysills
    laceysills Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done the whole "diet" game with little or no long term success. I would rather keep off 5 lbs then lose 20 and gain back 30. That's been the history. So...I'm in. Please friend request me and if any of you notice I'm not logging in feel free to message me and ask what the hell. ;) I need all the support and am willing to give the same.