What did or are you having for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Pink salmon sandwich on Dave's Killer Powerseed Bread with some lemon juice and dill.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow...that sounds delicious. :happy:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I had 2 smal burritos. 2 flour taco shells, 1 slice of cheese, 4 oz chicken, and 1/2 cup red kidney beans. 2 servings at 262 calories each! it was yummy and filling.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Turkey mini meatloafs (leftovers) and a salad.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch was 3 oz of baby carrots, sliced avacado with fresh salsa and an apple.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Salad with Boca chicken nuggets, romaine, kale and cabbage with lite catalina dressing and a cup of pinto beans.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetable beef soup with about 10 saltine crackers. YUMMY and filling too.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A huge stir-fry made with beansprouts, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and leftover roast chicken in soy sauce.
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This with some variations - I use a heart of romaine, no red onion, fat free feta (about 1/4 cup), only a teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt:

South Beach Diet Greek Salad:

8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces

cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced

tomato, chopped

1/2 cup sliced red onion

1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

2 teaspoon salt

Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.

Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over the lettuce mixture and toss until coated.

This makes a nice accompaniment as a side salad for grilled chicken or fish.

Serves 1

Per serving:

501 calories,

22 g protein,

25 g carbohydrates,

38 g fat,

10 g saturated fats,

2300 mg sodium,

30 mg cholesterol,

6 g fiber
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    4oz of baked salmon filet (which I baked with fresh dill and sliced lemons) (This was a leftover from a dinner)
    1/2 cup of red quinoa mixed with cubed avocado
    1 cup of shredded red cabbage mixed with radish sprouts, mixed bean sprouts, gomasio, toasted sesame oil, brown rice vinegar
    2 cups of mixed green salad with some whole wheat crackers broken up to add crunch

I acknowledge this is a LOT of fat for one meal, but the salmon is a healthy fat :)
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I cooked up a little stirfry this morning before work with onion, garlic, mushrooms, squash, brocolli, baby carrots. A little bit of orange ginger la-choy sauce cooked in it, and over rice.
  • Furlane2
    Options
    hearty homemade vegetable stew, and homemade chicken salad, but I'm craving carbs right now.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Pita chips, light pimento cheese spread, yogurt with granola and a granola bar
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Salad with romaine, tomatoes, avocado and a vegan Boca burger, side of celery and an apple! I try to get in as many veggies as I can during lunch : )
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i had an ezekiel bread, banana, almond butter and my uncle's homemade honey sandwich. also a big bowl of red & yellow peppers, cucumbers, button mushrooms, a roma tomato and organic carrots.

OH MY GOSH!!! Awesome lunch. All my favorites in one setting. I love Ezekiel bread, bananas and almond butter. Never thought of doing a sandwich. Also a HUGE fan of veggies and you picked some good ones.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    3 oz. of solid white tuna mashed with a 5oz. Haas avocado. Stir in the juice from 1/2 small lime and 2 0z. leftover chopped spinach. I might have it spooned over Tostitos 3 queso chips. They add 150 calories but I've got 800 left to play with today including dinner.
  • sampte
    sampte Posts: 1
    Options
    how many calories is that? Sounds good.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    tuna sandwich on whole wheat, lemon greek yogurt, apple and banana.
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had 3 ounces of chicken breast a turmaro wrap and 1 ounce of mexican style cheese and 1 tbsp of poppyseed dressing!
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones Chicken Enchilada Suiza, 5 Ritz crackers with a light spreadable cheese wedge, a satsuma, and Special K strawberry pastry strips.