What did or are you having for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My new weekly ritual, lol. Chicken breasts in the crockpot with water and buffalo sauce, cut up sweet potatoes then red and green peppers. Serve like chunky soup and sprinkle parmesan cheese on it. Goooooood stuff :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    dry azz salad with some baked chicken breast and a lot of water.
    Hahahaha. This one made me laugh. Have you ever thought of putting lemon juice and salt and pepper maybe even a little cayenne on the salad? Another thing I used to put instead of fatty dressing was black beans or garbanzo beans or cold peas at the salad bar to me it made it seem less dry and more filling. Gotta thank you though for making me smile with your salad description.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, celery, and a soy cafe au lait
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This with some variations - I use a heart of romaine, no red onion, fat free feta (about 1/4 cup), only a teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt:

South Beach Diet Greek Salad:

8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces

cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced

tomato, chopped

1/2 cup sliced red onion

1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

2 teaspoon salt

Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.

Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over the lettuce mixture and toss until coated.

This makes a nice accompaniment as a side salad for grilled chicken or fish.

Serves 1

Per serving:

501 calories,

22 g protein,

25 g carbohydrates,

38 g fat,

10 g saturated fats,

2300 mg sodium,

30 mg cholesterol,

6 g fiber

Sounds really good, but 500 calories? and 2300mg sodium? OUCH
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Salad with spinach, mushrooms, red/green/yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and carrots topped with Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch dressing and oat bran sesame sticks. (316 cals and so good!!)
  • leon1982
    Options
    Baked Chicken breast (leftovers), a healthy choice chicken noodle soup and a yogurt. AWESOME!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go heat it up right now - On Sunday I made a big batch of turkey chili, so I brought some left overs for lunch today. It was my first time ever making chili of any sort and it turned out really well; I'm really looking forward to lunch today.
  • mwownbey
    Options
    I had to do the drive thru today so had Zaxby's House Grilled Chicken Salad minus the fried onions and toast. Lite Ranch dressing.
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Salad beast with the usual veggies, 2 rice cakes with 1 tbsp almond butter, apple
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go heat it up right now - On Sunday I made a big batch of turkey chili, so I brought some left overs for lunch today. It was my first time ever making chili of any sort and it turned out really well; I'm really looking forward to lunch today.

ohhh and the longer it sits the better it tastes... 2 day old chili is always GOOD!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I had (318 calories, 1/3 my fat allowance but unfortunately 1/2 my sodium allowance)

half a carton of Marketside pico de gallo (tomatoes, onions, and peppers) with 1/4 cup feta (you can just use onions and tomatoes if you don't like spicy) (even better with a teaspoon of olive oil, but I forgot to bring it)

1 piece of whole wheat bread spread with a tablespoon of spinach and artichoke hummus

A snack size serving of lowfat cottage cheese

While I don't like using so many prepared foods due to the sodium count, it's easier for me to bring a lot of things that don't spoil quickly on Monday and then spend the week eating them in different combinations. I'm almost always in trouble if I go to the hospital cafeteria. :( You'd think that at a hospital, that everything would be a healthy choice*, but alas, that is not the case!)

*Admittedly, some kids do need to eat fried and high sugar foods just to keep the weight on. Of course, those are always the kids that crave grilled chicken breast and broccoli...
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Turkey and Light Swiss Cheese (finlandia from Costco) on a Sandwich Thin
    Grape Tomatoes
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Snap Pea Crisps
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A sandwich with Hovis 7 seed wholegrain bread, mustard, a slice of topside beef and salad, 100g fat free, plain fromage frais with a spoon of honey and a banana :)
  • astronomyoverdrive
    Options
    Just a ham salad sandwich (no dressing!) for me
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had progresso soup, chicken tortilla...It was very good:bigsmile:
  • jenbear1973
    Options
    I had a can of Progresso light beef pot roast soup, and coffee. This is my first week, and I'm still trying to get away from the mindset of tracking like a WeightWatcher and this system. I find I like this system better,because it shows you all calories, fat,carbs, etc. you ate for the day. Have a great day, everyone!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    6 oz shrimp with 2 Tabl. cocktail sauce. 1/2 cup roasted garlic pearl couscous and a banana. Total of 405 calories. Cous cous is cooking now. Can hardly wait.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'll be having a sandwich, some broccoli and cauliflower, and a variety of fruits. Lunch is my big meal - will be a little over 400 calories.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    8 oz baked Atlantic salmon
    1 cup sprouted rice and quinoa with sliced almonds and dried blueberries.
    1 barrel of water
  • tiawna
    tiawna Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm having a can of Progresso Lite Chicken Noodle Soup (140 calories) & a ham sandwich with just mustard (200 calories)