Alcohol

Options

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Alcohol should only be replaced with Tobacco or Firearms! I'll bring some chips!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you drink...if you're an alcoholic and you're putting away 6 beers a day every day then probably...

If you're like me and you have 1-2 drinks per week then it's really not necessary.

I will say that I plan to give it up for 30 days soon...but that's mostly because I'm going to try doing the whole paleo thing for a month and see what happens.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The only thing i did (and this was recently) was change out my long islands for vodka and diet coke or rum and diet coke. I can drink more for much less calories. And since I'm a fish when it comes to booze this is a good thing
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    NOTHING good comes from alcohol :)

Not true...If it wasn't for alcohol, I would have never met my wife...I worked at a liquor store and she was a customer...she used to come in after she hit the gym for some good craft beer...always looked so damned sexy with those muscles popping out of her tight little workout clothes. My kind of lady...obviously, I married her.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Yuri-laughing-GIF_large.gif

Results speak for themselves

We've already covered this. Your 10% body fat loss is impressive. Not as impressive as the 40% body fat loss of leakramirez, who is both drunk right now AND totally motivational. Two things you're missing out on. Three, counting a likeability factor.

Awesome
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Is it safe to say that giving up alchol is a must do?
    Oh hell no!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    allow yourself a good drink now and then. You probably cant get **** faced anymore though:(

A pint of rum is 920 calories.

Time to get my lift on.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Depending on the program you follow... there are many studies showing how alcohol will negatively effect muscle recovery, building, etc.

Not to mention, alcohol has a LOT of calories.

I used to drink like a college student on the weekends, and even though I was burning 3500+ calories a week, I wasn't losing weight, this past weekend was my first weekend NOT drinking 'heavy', and honestly I feel a lot better for it.

By no means am I saying stop, but maybe keep it low if you're worried about it? Or adjust your calories for it and have fun :D just find that happy medium.
    Can of Guinness is 210 calories. A double and a half of fine Scotch is 250... doesn't seem like a lot to me. A case of beer has a lot... but if you drink like that, you need AA.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    17db41.gif
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't think giving up anything you enjoy eating or drinking is necessary. It's really all about making the appropriate choices and using moderation. The main thing with drinking is that often people eat like crazy when they're drinking which would obviously be a problem.

I always glance at getdrunknotfat.com before I go out for the night. It gives you some different options depending on what your're looking to do. I'm not trying to advocate going out and getting completely wasted but if you do plan on consuming quite a bit of alcohol it's a nice website to look at. It gives you the calorie counts as well as the alcohol content of different liquors and beers.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Yuri-laughing-GIF_large.gif

Results speak for themselves

We've already covered this. Your 10% body fat loss is impressive. Not as impressive as the 40% body fat loss of leakramirez, who is both drunk right now AND totally motivational. Two things you're missing out on. Three, counting a likeability factor.

Someone call the fire department, because someone's on FIRE.
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options

i concur with this xD
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options

It's safe to say that if you want life to totally suck...
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    No way!,,
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give it up.. I enjoy it too much! I just cut back, and count the calories within MFP.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    17db41.gif

MAMRIE GIFS?

6GZkz.gif
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    17db41.gif

MAMRIE GIFS?

6GZkz.gif

Yes! ;D
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LMAO:drinker:
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    F-NO! I mean, no :)

I'm almost 35lbs down - and momma loves her wine
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Only if you are an alcoholic otherwise everything in moderation is probably fine.