Something is wrong!! Not losing lbs!!

Options

Replies

• princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many people on here with such amazing results with also so much weight lost!! I only have 28lbs to go and it's so difficult!! I jus can't take it off!!! I've been on here since August!! Only 9lbs lost! Some people have lost 40-50lbs! Why is it not working for me!! Just feel like giving up at times!

It happens that way sometimes. I have super slow weight loss myself!

it took me 3 months to lose my first 7 lbs. Then for 3 months I lost really good ( like 20lbs in 3 months). Then in September my weight loss almost came to a screeching halt--I have only lost 4 lbs since.

Even though I have only lost 33 lbs in 11 months, my body has gone through so many good changes!

Wow!! That weight loss is amazing!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have not read the previous replies but IMO the scale lies. For example in my first month of Insanity I gained 3 lbs but I also went down a pant size and lost 6% body fat. The scale does lie.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Well, the approach on MFP is fairly mechanical, but you have to follow it to see the results.

Calculate your Base Metabolic Rate (this is a function of your height, weight, age, sex, and exercise level). This is the amount of energy used daily by your brain, liver, and other organs just to stay alive.

Log your exercise activity to figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is important--if you exercise a lot, you need more calories to survive. A lumberjack or a ballerina does not have the same energy needs as a person in a coma.

[EDIT: forgot to say the most important bit: your intake should be between BMR and TDEE]

Finally, faithfully and honestly log your food intake. You do not need to count every almond, but the closer you are to the truth, the better.

Read up on water weight and how it is affected by different types of diets and starvation. Here is a useful starter.
    http://suite101.com/article/the-truth-about-losing-water-weight-a366151

Thank you do much. I will look into that
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I have just started and can only tell you what i've learned from reading avidly on the forums. I am happy that my first week i've lost two pounds...however i've dieted before and come to a standstill after losing 17 pounds..so i know how you feel.

First,...i understand why you're down..who want s to watch everything they eat and not see the scale move down. It stinks.

However..it is part of the weight loss process. Sometimes the body just stops..shrinks but doesn't lose weight according the scale. When i was on my plateau my clothes were fitting looser and looser even though i wasn't "losing" weight.

By looking at your journal..looks like you're on 1200 calories a day... i' don't know what your settings are on..but i'd set it for losing one pound a week and see if that increases your calorie intake. I think you need to eat more. I like the idea of 1400 or 1500..then exercise and eat at least half of those calories back on top of it all.
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    I've only lost 2 kgs (about 4 pounds) and I've been going for over a month. I have about 10kgs to lose (depending on how I feel when I lose the 10kgs as to wether I keep going with loss) but I'm not overly worried as I'm getting more toned, fitter, and feel firmer. The weight will eventually come off so don't panic. Challenge yourself, up the intensity of your workouts, up your calories(good calories) to match and drink heaps of water. This is coming from someone who originally lost 20kgs. Good luck :smile:
  • rio66
    rio66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Oh and I've started and stopped a lot due to life getting in the way. I know it's a crap excuse! lol!
  • princesselle1
    Options
    I've only lost 2 kgs (about 4 pounds) and I've been going for over a month. I have about 10kgs to lose (depending on how I feel when I lose the 10kgs as to wether I keep going with loss) but I'm not overly worried as I'm getting more toned, fitter, and feel firmer. The weight will eventually come off so don't panic. Challenge yourself, up the intensity of your workouts, up your calories(good calories) to match and drink heaps of water. This is coming from someone who originally lost 20kgs. Good luck :smile:

Does drinking water really help? You look amazing!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? Are you strength training? Are you losing inches?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Does drinking water really help? You look amazing!

Drinking water does not help with weight loss unless it stops you from over eating or from being dehydrated.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Honestly the replies have been amazing and it definitely pushes me to carry on! I think I need to increase my calories and move more!! Hopefully the weight will start to come off!!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    There are a number of days you didn't log at all, plus before that you were only eating like 900 cals a day, that isn't enough. As you get closer to your weight goal, it is important to actually readjust your calorie intake, usually in the upward trajectory. Plus, it is hard to say you were actually within your calorie goal if you don't log.....
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    9lbs loss since August is healthy, don't rush yourself. Drink plenty of water, exercise 3 - 5 times a week and stay under your calorie goal, you'll be fine :smile:
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Your profile says you have a 1 yr old and also had a miscarriage 4 months ago. You're going through the same thing as i am. I have a 15 month old, and ive been at the same weight since after he was born. It's hormones.

It's just added stress not seeing the weight come off!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    9 pounds seems like a nice, slow, healthy loss over that time frame. It's not a race, so as long as you are still losing weight, you are on the right track. I've lost 61 pounds, but that's in almost a year, and lately I have intentionally upped my calories and slowed my loss to a crawl because I have started lifting weights.

I've not lost a single pound in 6 weeks!! Should I be worried?? X

What is your average gross calorie intake?

How accurately are you measuring/weighing/logging your food

How much do you exercise and how active are you in the day?

Sara is in da house!! You need to go no further! :))
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Might want to keep an eye on your sodium levels. That can cause you to retain water weight. And stress can cause you to maintain weight too. The female body is craziness!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    was the same for me at first, I've been here almost a year. It took me a long time to really figure out what it was in my diet I needed to change and what worked to help me lose the weight.

Give it time, learn as you go. It will happen.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    You have really low calorie days which is not good for weight loss...You need to eat more! and healthy choices....:flowerforyou:
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    You have a lot of days you look like your starving!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    There are lots of days you didn't log so there is no way to know how much you ate those days but on other days I see 400,600, 900 calories then a few just around 1000 or so. You aren't eating enough which is why you aren't losing.

Find out your TDEE and deduct 15% to know how much to eat.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    There are a number of days you didn't log at all, plus before that you were only eating like 900 cals a day, that isn't enough. As you get closer to your weight goal, it is important to actually readjust your calorie intake, usually in the upward trajectory. Plus, it is hard to say you were actually within your calorie goal if you don't log.....
    ^^^^
    THIS
    And I knew this even before looking at your diary.
    Follow the MFP recommendations; eat to goal daily and eat back exercise calories.
    This is not a race, so set your expectations to 1 lb per week.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou: