What does everyone here use to track your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Garmin watch with HRM for all my exercises (running, biking and weights)
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    polar ft4

Same here! I never workout without it, I love it!.... and of course MFP
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Body Media Fit for my burn and I track my food calories here.

ditto
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sigma Sport HRM (model PC15)
  • JHahn7837
    JHahn7837 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Garmin FR60 HRM. Garmin Connect. Garmin Fit App.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Ki Fit. Also use an iPhone app with my Wahoo key, my Wahoo HRM, and my FR 305 (iPhone and FR 305 as backup for each other; iPhone app for tracking, mapping, music, announcements, heart rate, and exporting to Garmin Connect; FR 305 for exporting to Garmin Connect if the iPhone dies or crashes, and heart rate data to Ki Fit).

For calories burned, it is principally the Ki Fit, although my iPhone app does give me calorie announcements every 10 minutes as I try to compensate weighing less with higher intensity (if I don't hear '74 calories' at the 10 minute mark, I look at my FR 305 more frequently since my warm-up 'burned less than usual' and I'm probably sluggish).
    For those who don't know- KKIFIT is the UK version of BMF Advantage. We can't get the Core or Link in the UK.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    second tab from the left. FOOD. :D
    I was gonna post something similar, but then I read the OP. When I tracked my exercise calories (I don't anymore, I use them as my deficit), I used a Polar FT7. Seemed to work well enough.

But here's the real answer to your question.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia Fit. Might also buy the Amiigo when it comes out.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Polar ft7...it's one of the BEST things I've purchased fitness wise. When I was first using MFP I just used their numbers and was GROSSLY overestimating things. (Yeah, i'm burning 4k calories a day...duh!) Definitely (if you can afford it) go with a Heart Rate Monitor. ESPECIALLY if you eat your workout cals back, you *need* to have an accurate count on them.
  • genieangel
    Options
    Omron Pocket Pedometer, Omron HR-210 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor , and MFP log.

Pedometer comes with PC Software but I haven't used it yet. Bought it and broke my toe and couldn't use it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Omron-Pocket-Pedometer/5513760
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 for most things.

For strength I usually go with what mfp estimates -33% because I feel my calorie burns are usually only 2/3 of what mfp says. I also do that anytime I forget my hrm or get some unplanned exercise.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just keep track on here. I believe, I am doing a good job....Plus, I can't really afford a quality HRM....:drinker:
  • tonystarks75
    Options
    Polar ft7 and cardiotrainer. Most of the time I just enter the default values from mfp though.
    Its usually fairly close for me.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Having read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I realise there is no point holding onto my FT4 HRM as it is no more accurate than the guess-timates on MFP.

I am using the MFP calorie figures and eat back only half of the calories if I do at all to stay on the safe side of error.

To really track my calories I then watch the fat/lean mass scales and the tape measure.
  • genieangel
    Options
    I use my HRM just to measure my heart rate, since I want to keep it at the low end of my target heart rate for optimum "fat burning".
  • mmk2988
    Options
    I use Cardio Trainer PRO, previously using Endomondo PRO, due to many indoor exercises I switched to Cardio Trainer PRO.