Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• flutterbug123
    flutterbug123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love coffee can't live without it. I drink it all day stop about 6pm :)))
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I'm really trying to lose, I can't drink coffee, though I love and miss it. I have to put so much flavored creamer in it that I can't eat all day if I want to stay under my calories. And I really like food, so that doesn't work. I have been drinking green tea every morning, though, and I hear it's good for you. Lipton makes a Green Tea with Honey that's fabulous. It's a little sweet anyway, so I only have to add one spoonful of Splenda. And it comes in Decaf, too.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Nope and I will never go to the dark side and get addicted to that stuff. There are plenty alternatives out there that are healthier and can replace the caffeine you get from coffee..
  • 2rnip
    2rnip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    2-4 a day. Small bit of milk and stevia instead of sugar.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 cups a day.. I put some creamer in it, but just enough to get a taste. If I don't drink it, I'm a complete @$$ so, everyone likes me better when I have it. :)

Okay I know off topic...I see your tag (combat). Absolutely, love Combat. Instructors at gym I go to are awesome! Do you go to the classes or do the Beach Body versions or maybe instructor? It is such great Cardio.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee daily -- hate the headaches I have if I don't.
    I drink as much as I want up until 11 AM, and then I quit for the day.
    I usually drink it black, but will sometimes put Torani sugar-free syrup in it.
    Kaye

A little half and half and yes, a little Davinci or Torani sugar free syrup. French vanilla is good. Cannot and will not ever do black-way too bitter.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Every day. Because I would die if I didn't is why.

Seriously, I need it. I NEED IT.

It has almost no calories, it doesn't make me feel bad or dehydrated, it is delicious, and it makes my brain smile.
  • cafeconleche
    Options
    I love coffee!! I don't have it every morning. When I do, I use half and half, no sugar. I like it this way now:) quite good!!

You could still have your coffee everyday:)
  • Octivewave42
    Octivewave42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love coffee...it makes me happy!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I like coffee but only organic and black. No sugar, no cream and no milk.
  • rah27liz
    Options
    I feel like I should be giving it up, because I love creamer (hey, it is fat free!) But I have a bit of a caffeine addiction, and morning can be kind of difficult, so I am sticking with the java.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am addicted.

I have been drinking coffee since the 4th grade. I have reduced my intake a few times because my stomach had a hard time processing so much acid. I am also trying to cut back again since I have been having problems sleeping through the night.

Usually I have 4 or 5 caffeinated beverages in a day. Today, I kept it at two and felt awful.

I don't think I can completely give it up, but I do know that when I drink up to 3 cups of coffee and two pops in a day, it can take things a bit over the edge...

If you're able to sleep at night and you generally feel ok, I say coffee is wonderful. If you abuse it and have stomach issues, sleep problems or just feel jittery then you might want to cut back. I wouldn't use caffeine as a weight loss supplement. I just enjoy it because I have always enjoyed it. (and I can't stop...)
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I gave up all caffeine about two months ago... I replaced my morning coffee with hot water and lemon juice. I don't miss the caffeine, but I definitely miss coffee, I still will have decaf as a special treat!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup a day because it helps put my ADHD in check just enough that I can get my work done.
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Love my morning jo, have cut out adding any sugar, a bit of almond milk or creamer tho!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

I take caffeine pills before a work out and drink black coffee with sweetner when I want a bit of a buzz - that really black, thick arabic stuff is AWESOME. So pretty much 2-3 cups every day.

I also drink a lot of water. I don't have any bad side affects so no good reason to give it up - besides, a girls gotta have some vices!
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was going to cut back on coffee this year because of acid reflux, but so far it's not going well. I do drink decaf, but that doesn't cut the acidity. I took a bunch of herbal tea to work, but I still have access to an awful lot of coffee, and it's January and cold, and I'm giving up a lot of other things right now, so giving up coffee may be a losing battle. I use half and half (I can hear you all gasping) and Splenda. Coconut milk sounds like a good idea, though.
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love to have a cup a day on the days that I work. After I eat breakfast and before lunch I get sort of hungry. So I like to have a cup and it keeps me good until lunch time.
  • srijana125
    srijana125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups each day with fat free creamer and no sugar. It acts as a diuretic which means more fluids out, makes me thirsty. I need caffeine too :)
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/is-coffee-a-diuretic.html
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    All day, Every day! with just a splash of skim milk