Young Ladies: Never been skinny

Options

Replies

• Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The thinnest I've ever been was in grade 7. I was 5 ft 7 and 143 lbs. I'm 25 now.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh, and of course my best friend is a size 2 or 4 without trying... sigh :'(

Me too!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
  • katieg1026
    katieg1026 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Katie, I live in Mass and have always been the "big" friend :( when I was 15 I lost 85 lbs and was skinny so I thought until someone said that I was still the "big" friend. It's a cruel world we live in! I'm now 29 and at my heaviest I've ever been! I need a support group.. support is something other than my "friends" going into forever 21 and spending hours trying on pretty little clothes and then having to "deal" with me in Avenue just hoping and praying something fits! Jeans are the WORST to find... We can do this ladies!!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options

Me too!

Same! And we're roomies, but she's the best friend I could ask for. We think each other are beautiful people :D
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options

My best friend has the perfect bikini body...has since freshman year when she joined swim....I became the shadow after awhile... :(
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options
    I'm 20 and have never been skinny. Ever. As a little girl I wasn't fat...but I was chunky, the lightest I can remember being since I was 13 was 202 pounds. I had low self-confidence, but am glad to say I have steller self-confidence now. I though I would never wear a bikini...but 2 summers ago at 18 I had a boyfriend who was just wonderful. He made me realize that I was gorgeous! I've worn plenty of bikinis since and come to realize no one really cares. And if they do care....I don't care lol.

Always looking for people around my age or in the same boat, please add me if you would like. I'm a supportive friend and an avid logger!
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Me too!

Same! And we're roomies, but she's the best friend I could ask for. We think each other are beautiful people :D

I absolutely adore my best friend and we have the same kind of relationship. It's not HER fault, and I'm happy for her that she has a rockin' bod (although I have a feeling it won't always be that way if she keeps eating so many calzones)... then again, it can be hard to watch her effortlessly try on size smalls at forever21/h&m and I'm like la la la, nothing here fits me! OR when I go out with her and the rest of our (skinny, beautiful, wonderful) friends, I always feel like the ugly and gross one because guys stare at them so much.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 but I was a STICK til i was 16, then birth control ruined me. Before that i was 118 pds with C boobs. Then i gained 35 pds in a year and a half. And since then i have gone up another 30. It's worse when it happens slowly cause you don't realize!!! Anyways, the last time I work a bikini was in my highschool boyfriends hot tub, so 16 yrs old. Buuuuutt in approx a month and a half I'm going on a cruise to the bahamas and I'm f***ing determined to feel good enough to flaunt all my ****. It's funny how when i was 16 and 150 pds I thought I was fat.....and now i'd kill to get back there!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, that's why they are best friends, we love them...But yeah, it is sad when you are the "ugly" friend of the group...
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 but I was a STICK til i was 16, then birth control ruined me. Before that i was 118 pds with C boobs. Then i gained 35 pds in a year and a half. And since then i have gone up another 30. It's worse when it happens slowly cause you don't realize!!! Anyways, the last time I work a bikini was in my highschool boyfriends hot tub, so 16 yrs old. Buuuuutt in approx a month and a half I'm going on a cruise to the bahamas and I'm f***ing determined to feel good enough to flaunt all my ****. It's funny how when i was 16 and 150 pds I thought I was fat.....and now i'd kill to get back there!

I know that feeling! In high school I thought I was huge, but when I look back now I realize I was looking prettyyyy good. Sigh.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options

Me too!

I absolutely adore my best friend and we have the same kind of relationship. It's not HER fault, and I'm happy for her that she has a rockin' bod (although I have a feeling it won't always be that way if she keeps eating so many calzones)... then again, it can be hard to watch her effortlessly try on size smalls at forever21/h&m and I'm like la la la, nothing here fits me! OR when I go out with her and the rest of our (skinny, beautiful, wonderful) friends, I always feel like the ugly and gross one because guys stare at them so much.

I know what you mean about the calzones! I watch her just pack away the food and the candy without a second thought. I keep telling her she's going to gain 100 pound when she turns 30!
  • I'm In!! I've never been skinny!! I want be so bad!!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh it's crazy that we all do that. You look back and realize just how fabulous you really were. Well at least how fabulous my boobs were!!!! I'm hoping that when i go to the bahamas people will be so preoccupied with my huge boobs that they'll overlook my gut....LOL
  • BHH03
    BHH03 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 27 so i don't know if i fit into this category or not. i was tiny when i was about 11/12 then over night i went up 3-4 dress sizes (about the time my PCOS started) and my self esteem plummeted. i've never been happy with my body shape anyway, i have big thighs and a big bum (even when i was tiny!) but i've slowly learned to accept it, i just find it more annoying these days when i have to buy a size bigger than i need for everything else because otherwise i can't get the trousers to pass my thighs. similar issues with my boobs. Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • novabrite
    novabrite Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm right there in this same boat! I've never been skinny. In fact, I was "cutely chubby" until I was about 7. Then when I was 7, I just started to get plain old FAT. I'm 27, and when I was a kid, there were no cute clothes for fat kids. Now they have "plus" sizes for kids, but they sure did not back then. To make matters worse, my mom had horrible fashion sense, was a cheapskate when it came to buying my wardrobe, and also inflicted terrible home haircuts and home perms on me. My whole childhood consisted of being tormented by my peers for my weight and my clothes. I didn't really eat anything worse than my classmates, and in fact, my mom made me eat really healthfully and go run around a lot. We didn't have cable TV or anything. I don't know why I've always been so fat. My mom was always naturally thin and beautiful, and I don't look anything like her. As I got older, I just got fatter and fatter. I didn't have my first pair of jeans until I was in 5th grade, and they were a women's size 14! When I was 10! My mom cut the bottoms off so they'd be the right length. By the time I was 19 and got married, I was in a size 22 wedding dress. Fortunately, I have an awesome husband who has never made me feel badly about my weight. He tells me all the things he loves about me, such as my intellect, my sense of humor, etc. But then again, he doesn't tell me I'm gorgeous either...so here I am at 27, stay-at-home mom to three girls of my own, and I am ready to finally get to a NORMAL size. My best friend is dieting now too, but she's a size 12 who wants to be the size 5 she was in high school. As for me, I would would be THRILLED to get to the size she is right now! I totally understand how you feel. My goal for this year is to drop 3 pants sizes by next December. Eventually I'd like to no longer be plus sized at all.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    good luck to all of you, girls :heart:
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. The first 26 years of my life I was either overweight or obese. Wasn't the greatest growing up hearing people tell you you're pretty... but.... I started a size 28 Women's at around 345 lbs . at 5'9" and now I'm a size 14/16 in misses and right around 200lbs. Still have about 2oish pounds to go but I definitely dont feel as small as I've gotten- I still feel bigger than everybody. Slowly starting to realize it with more pictures I see of myself. Gotta learn to love ourselves, flaws and all, we're all beautiful!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Girl you're preaching to the choir. Never been skinny, but planning on getting there.
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    HEY LADIES!!!!!!!!!! ATTENTION!!! Im starting a group on here with the same title "Young ladies: never been skinny" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JOIN! WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER! I'm so glad this post went as far as it has, and i hope we can all continue it and become a real support system!