This isnt good is it?

Options
124»

Replies

• Dianna_1
    Dianna_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is possible to do more harm than good by limiting your calories so much. The body automatically will use muscle instread of fat as fuel. You mentioned you are gaining not losing make sure you are counting everything that goes into making your meal it doesn't take long to add up a tablespoon of butter, a chocolate at work, coffee with cream and sugar instead of milk and sugar, even black coffee has 5 cal/cup. If it goes in your mouth count it. I was surprised my vitamins were 5 calories. Your body needs a minimum of 1200 cal or brain function decreases, metabolism can slow ect.
    I hope this helps
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    It is possible to do more harm than good by limiting your calories so much. The body automatically will use muscle instread of fat as fuel. You mentioned you are gaining not losing make sure you are counting everything that goes into making your meal it doesn't take long to add up a tablespoon of butter, a chocolate at work, coffee with cream and sugar instead of milk and sugar, even black coffee has 5 cal/cup. If it goes in your mouth count it. I was surprised my vitamins were 5 calories. Your body needs a minimum of 1200 cal or brain function decreases, metabolism can slow ect.
    I hope this helps

I also over compensate. For example if its 30g ill put 40g etc and i dont use sugar salt etc on anything. If im making a sandwich ill type in the sandwich then add an extra portion of butter/ margarine. just to make sure. Im very fussy eater so dont use salad dressing ets. I currently dont take vitamins. What you see is whats gone in my mouth. I dont feel hungry although at nights i do feel tired but come 6pm i have already been awake for 12 and half hours so when you look at it like that its probably normally.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I have read all these post and while some have been helpful others have not.

I have come up with a meal plan (sample)

Can you tell me if this is better.

730am Breakfast
    Porridge (made up with Hot water) or Bran Flakes (with S/Skimmed Milk)

10.00am Min Morning Snack
    1 piece of fruit (Banana / Apple etc)

12.30pm Lunch
    Daily Soup (vegetarian option) 1 slice of homemade bread or Mixed Salad with Tuna and Philadelphia cheese
    1 piece of fruit

2.45pm Mid Afternoon Snack
    Greek yogurt or fruit and yogurt mix

6.30pm Tea / Dinner
    1 Breast of Chicken and Portion of Cabbage, Cauliflower and Broccoli or Pasta with vegetable tomato based sauce

8pm Evening Snack
    1 slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter or bagel with philadelphia

Im a really fussy eater and obviously at work its quite hard to cook meals

Meal plans are a ittle silly IMO.
    Just eat the amount of calories given per day.
    Most likely if you do the Road Map youll get 1600-1800/day and thats static.
    You dont eat back calories burned from exercise.
    And since you are simply cutting calories you could eat essentially anything and lose fat/weight.
  • relledge
    Options
    I have read all these post and while some have been helpful others have not.

I have come up with a meal plan (sample)

Can you tell me if this is better.

730am Breakfast
    Porridge (made up with Hot water) or Bran Flakes (with S/Skimmed Milk)

10.00am Min Morning Snack
    1 piece of fruit (Banana / Apple etc)

12.30pm Lunch
    Daily Soup (vegetarian option) 1 slice of homemade bread or Mixed Salad with Tuna and Philadelphia cheese
    1 piece of fruit

2.45pm Mid Afternoon Snack
    Greek yogurt or fruit and yogurt mix

6.30pm Tea / Dinner
    1 Breast of Chicken and Portion of Cabbage, Cauliflower and Broccoli or Pasta with vegetable tomato based sauce

8pm Evening Snack
    1 slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter or bagel with philadelphia

Im a really fussy eater and obviously at work its quite hard to cook meals

This is looking much better! I would add some protein to your breakfast. Like a hard boiled egg or turkey sausage. At dinner if you are having the pasta option is this with the chicken? I would make sure that you have a good amount of protein with your dinner. If you are having problems preparing meals try doing it on a Sunday for the week or the night before it really helps! Remember to still give yourself a cheat day!! Changing eating habits are difficult...one day at a time...you can do this!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    That number does NOT work for everyone. I have checked with several different BMR calculators and being short, mine is only around 1290 to begin with. Taking off the percentage for weight loss (still 37 lbs. to go out of an original 114), puts my base BELOW the 1200 minimum they allow on here. I've checked the same calculators for my goal weight and they all tell me the same thing....when I get there, my BMR will actually be BELOW 1200 slightly and my maintenance somewhere between 1100-1300. I know from trial and error experience that if I eat more than 1400, even WITH exercise, I start gaining. So I shoot for 12-1400 most days but don't get overly excited or worried if it falls below that sometimes because I am not losing at some god awful super speedy rate or anything. 1600 would put me right back where I started if I kept that up for too long. So, OP, you just have to find the numbers that work for YOUR body and go with that because everyone will give you different advice but there is no magic formula that will work for everybody.

It shouldn't. If your BMR is 1290, even at sedentary your maintenance would be 1548 (1290*1.2), now take 80% of that number you get 1190, and if you workout you would get even more cals. So if you don't workout 1200 would be a great number for you, if you workout, then eat more.