Whats a good subsitute to chocolate?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for chocolate....ever!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Smashed up cauliflower mixed with cocoa powder

oh ,you!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    chocolate protien powder
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate :)

I like endangered species 72% cacao bars I get at the local health food store-28 cals per square ....it only takes one to satisify you- suck on it not chowing down:) also dark choc is very good for you- helps deal with stress especially TOM days as well as being good for your heart :) enjoy:)

Yep! Trader Joe's has 72% bars for $1.99 and they are huge so they last a while. They also have smaller ones if you need safer portioning!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate!!! Go for dark chocolate, all natural. I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate baking chips. Keep them in the freezer. 16 = 80 calories. Yummy!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    PB2 Chocolate is only 45 cals / serving . Super delicious and versatile.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies are amazing and they usually curve my chocolate craving.

Fiber One ANYTHING makes me bloat up a whole pant size. It's painful.

Just work it into your calories.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mix drinks can satisfy the cravings and will save a bunch of calories :D
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you like to drink hot cocoa my reciepe is 1 tabelspoon cocoa with a stevia packet and water, 20 cals of deliciousness.
    I also add chocolate protein whey in my coffee.:drinker:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    IMO, there isn't one. eat the chocolate you like in a serving size, be done with it. instead of using calories for a sub you only kind of like
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I found it better to not try and find substitutes on this journey (for me at least). It just frustrates me and I end up binging. I find it better to work a little of the item I crave into my week and then move on. I just make sure that what I fit into my day is SUPER good quality and worth the calories I have to pull from somewhere else.
  • TheLazyGirl
    Options
    I've found having a Special K with chocolate chunks in a good option. Or eating a handful of Sultanas. Not the same but sweet enough to sort out my sugar cravings :)
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible time with moderation and consequently try to avoid keeping chocolate bars on hand, because "just one square" turns into "just two..." which turns into a lot more than that! To satisfy my chocolate cravings, I recently bought a box of hershey's special dark chocolate cocoa powder (I was very skeptical because I normally hate cocoa powder, but this tastes a lot more chocolatey). It's 10 calories for a tablespoon. I'll put it in my oatmeal with some peanut butter and it's almost like a no-bake cookie! I make microwave "cakes" with it (one egg white, two tbsp flour, 1 tbsp cocoa, a little vanilla, splenda to taste, and a splash of almond milk microwaved for a minute or so – around 100 calories). You can mix it with hot water and splenda for a low-cal hot chocolate (it's not the best, but sometimes it'll satisfy the craving). It's very versatile! Besides that, I buy sugar-free chocolate pudding and mix a box with 1.5 cups fat-free milk (unfortunately, almond/soy milk doesn't really work with it). It's 275 calories for the entire box (which makes quite a bit!), but you could easily make half that/a quarter of it to satisfy the craving.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate :)

I like endangered species 72% cacao bars I get at the local health food store-28 cals per square ....it only takes one to satisify you- suck on it not chowing down:) also dark choc is very good for you- helps deal with stress especially TOM days as well as being good for your heart :) enjoy:)
    ^^my favorite!
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to get rid of chocolate altogether? I found Brookside Chocolate individual 90 calorie packets at Costco. They are chocolate covered fruit juice berries: Dark Chocolate Goji Raspberry, Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry, and Dark Chocolate Pomegranate. Really good. I know they are sold in large bags but servings not portioned out.
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    I crave sweets sometimes and was told that macadamia nuts would help satisfy that need. I tried it and it works! You don't need alot. I also heard that if you put them in the freezer you can sort of suck on them for a while. I haven't tried that one yet, but plan to. Good luck with the choco cravings!
  • gloryweissert
    Options
    JIFFY HAS A CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER!! I WILL NOT BUY IT AGAIN THO..CAUSE I CAN EAT THE WHOLE JAR..ITS AMAZING ON STRAWBERRIES