Does anyone have Zumba results?

Options

Replies

• efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! However I have relied just on that for exercise in the past without weights and I dont feel that it changes your body after a while. i have been doing it since 08, but i think you need to find high intensity instructors that switch it up and take other classes at your gym as well :)
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    I have the results on my profile Ill add you. I have lost 50 lbs with zumba exhilirate in 6 months with diet also.
  • whit1108
    Options
    I lost about 35 pounds doing ONLY zumba!!! I love Zumba...I also think it depends on your instructor. I've seen and had great instructors and great classes and then I've been to classes that I hated and didn't feel any burn from them and didnt even sweat at all. Each instructor is different! If you go to one and don't like it don't give up go to another.. I also have DVD's at home and i don't feel like i burn as much as a class. The class is so much better. :)
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    <3 Zumba!
    By far the most fun cardio exercise your ever going to do in my opinion! I lost most of my weight doing Zumba/Pilates and sculpting classes. No after picture but so far 26 lbs and counting.

I would try to add some light weights for sculpting :)
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~ Bump for later, don't have the time to reply right now! lol thou I will say that I love Zumba so much that I'm planning on getting my certification when I reach 50lbs lost & have definitely lost some inches & am getting toned from it but not really any significant weight loss from it. :-)
  • realdog2usa
    realdog2usa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    deadbambi, Although I do other fitness activities, I do Zumba the most.... See my profile pics. first one is Before - April 13, 2012, the other one is (6 Months Later) After October, 23, 2012. I think you can definitely see results in the belly. I've lost about 5 more lbs since the last pic... I love Zumba... I love the music, I love the energy of the classes, you burn a tremendous amount of calories... I started with Zumba 2 days a week, last 3 months I'm doing Zumba average of 5 days a week... that's an hour of cardio... and I have several instructors with different styles, so I get a good mix of everything, music, routines, etc. I don't believe you can go wrong with Zumba, I do a some strength training, I bicycle & hike.. Keep on dancing girl... :) Look into Zumba Toning classes near you!

24731816.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great for calorie burn, but I believe it's so popular because now women can actually go out dancing because their husbands/boyfriends don't take them anymore.:laugh:

Throw in some strength training to tone up the rest of the body and combine it with Zumba for even better results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    this is the first time i have really posted pictures of progress, so here goes.... i have been doing zumba off and on for about 2 years. i have done some other stuff like weight lifting some and other classes, but the majority of it was zumba... the first picture was taken a few months before my ah ha moment... and was part of what started me on this journey
    meNsoundsmascott_zpsd694f91f2_zps6d97cd04.jpg

and this second picture was taken after class one day about a month ago...

photobucket-61110-1357768521962.jpg

i still have a ways to go, but i know i will make it there....
  • CopyCat1978
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to go to a class yet. I recently bought Zumba Rush for XBox Kinect and it is fun.

I went to my first Zumba class last night and I felt so awkward and out of place at first - I met a friend, maybe she could sense the fear on my face but she started talking to me before class and I had fun ( it wasn't' the regular instructor) but they all assured me she's even better. Go - I promise, there will be someone older, heavier, younger, sillier or less coordinated than you and if won't matter but it is a great workout and today I'm sore.

I will eventually go. But I really have bad coordination with upper and lower body. Im fine when i concentrate on one area, but moving both its like a train wreck.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to go to a class yet. I recently bought Zumba Rush for XBox Kinect and it is fun.

I went to my first Zumba class last night and I felt so awkward and out of place at first - I met a friend, maybe she could sense the fear on my face but she started talking to me before class and I had fun ( it wasn't' the regular instructor) but they all assured me she's even better. Go - I promise, there will be someone older, heavier, younger, sillier or less coordinated than you and if won't matter but it is a great workout and today I'm sore.

I will eventually go. But I really have bad coordination with upper and lower body. Im fine when i concentrate on one area, but moving both its like a train wreck.

you are not the only one that has that bad coordination.... it is ok.... i promise.... i cant do some of the arm movenents and the leg movements at the same time without getting lost and i have been going for almost 2 years..... it is lots of fun....
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have cerebral palsy, am doing Leslie Sansone on a walker, and am beginning to find her earlier workouts(the more recent ones are
    still a challenge) too easy. I got Zumba Gold for variety and hopefully a challenge. Is there anyone here who is disabled or deconditioned and has done Zumba Gold? How did you learn to do it, and what kind of results did you get? Please confine your answer to Zumba Gold; I really doubt my body will ever be in shape to tackle regular Zumba. Thank you all very much. :)

Sue

Hi there- feel free to add me as a friend! I teach Zumba Gold- as well as other formats of Zumba. The videos are super simple on the new DVD set- like any Zumba class- the steps come in time. With your physical limitations you'll find what you can do and can't. I have taught Zumba Gold chair classes- super modified- mostly about fun and movement- they were a much older group- mostly in wheelchairs but they had a wonderful time.
    Take the time to view your DVD- I believe its Joy Prouty (amazing!!!) who is leading the videos, get to know the music- or just start one song at a time- remembering your warm ups and cool downs are really the most important part of a Zumba Gold class. Muscles need more time to warm up- and the cool down includes 1 song for balance and one for stretch. Hope this helps!! Enjoy!!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Luuuuurve zumba. Started in September 2010, and now am a qualified instructor :) Went from 16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (141lb). Largely zumba, but strength training has played a significant part in shaping up the last bits and bobs over the past six months.

Office_zpsea2d4c07.jpg

FD9DFD2B-31EB-461B-A2AE-685C1D9D1D90-5037-000004987A11F260.jpg
  • msshiraz
    Options
    I will have to put up pictures tonight for you, (on my home PC)- but yes, Zumba Fitness changed my life! I have lost 75 lbs and 37 inches off my body. I would have lost more had I found this site when I started. Let me tell you- when I started, I was so out of shape- I thought I wasn't so bad, went to gym all the time- but 1 hr 3X a week on a elliptical without anything else (and no increase intensity/resistance) I was stagnent in my fitness. I had 3 left feet- I was so awkward I couldn't believe it. Fast forward 2 1/2 years later, I am an instructor of Zumba. I teach 5 of their formats, and yes, the steps came, the fit came. I will be teaching for 2 years in March.

For beginners if you are really unfit- take it slow, or even try a Zumba Gold class- they are not for seniors (that is a stereotype). The program is for seniors or anyone with physical limitations, including weight.

If I can do this, and lose as much as I have, and gained an entirely different person within (I knew she was in there!), anyone can.

Zumba changed my life!
  • msshiraz
    Options
    Hello!

Luuuuurve zumba. Started in September 2010, and now am a qualified instructor :) Went from 16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (141lb). Largely zumba, but strength training has played a significant part in shaping up the last bits and bobs over the past six months.

Office_zpsea2d4c07.jpg

FD9DFD2B-31EB-461B-A2AE-685C1D9D1D90-5037-000004987A11F260.jpg

Beautiful- congrats ZIN!!!!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love zumba so much! but sadly i moved away so i havent started zumba classes yet, i got the zumba game for the Wii, but is not the same as being in a room with ppl xD
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in September 2012 to lose the last of my pregnancy weight and primarily did Zumba for my cardio. I did some other classes and machines as well but I would say 85-90% of my cardio was Zumba because I love it so much! I wasnt doing any type of strength training either. You can definitely lose weight with it, I've lost 34 lbs so far. I burn on average 450-500 in a 60 minute class (compared to 600-650 if I run for an hour on the treadmill but I hate running so why in the world would I do that) so you definitely get a good burn. Here are some pics so you can see the results of obtained so far. Zumba is definitely good for the core! :)

Kind of pic heavy but I want to show that you really can get good results with Zumba (diet is also very important).

Just before delivery in June of last year
    Parrish_061512_0008-1resize.jpg

3 months post partum, was still carrying an extra 25+ lbs
    Parrish_091212_0014-1resize.jpg

5 months post partum
    Parrish_110712_0001-1resize.jpg

6 months post partum
    photoresize.jpg
    photo-2resize.jpg
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's taken a while, but, I found some good Zumba classes on line. They will work until I get bored of the routines, then I will have to go buy some dvds. If you feel to silly to do Zumba at a gym, your living room works too.
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few people make massive changes with Zumba,
    if you are going to go to classes shop around and find an instructor who you like. I found a HUGE difference between instructors. Some are really hardcore with jumps and massive cardio workouts while others can be more refined and tone you up better. It's worth finding one (or three) that suit you, don't judge off one instructor as they are all massively different :)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'm so happy to have stumbled across so many Zumba fans! I love Zumba and go to classes 4 times a week. I started taking classes about 3 months after I started MFP. My profile pic show my progress from pre-MFP to pre-Zumba to now. It's such a great cardio workout and I'm looking forward to the combo strength training & Zumba specialty class that starts next week!
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did zumba for a few months to get back into the swing of gym work outs. I loved it. But a month ago I torqued my right knee badly - maybe tore a meniscus - and Zumba is no longer on my list of activities.

Be careful and do not injure yourself if you are 55, male, more than 250 lbs, and havent danced since high school. Otherwise go for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!