Replies

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has lots of excellent crock pot recipes. This is by far my favorite: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/mexican-slow-cooked-pork-carnitas.html
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We use "Fix-it and Forget-It Lightly" for a lot of our crock pot cooking. I'm making Healthy Chicken from the book for supper tonight...3.5 lb whole chicken cut up in pieces, coat it with skim milk and finely crushed corn or rice cereal, salt and pepper, then cook on high for 3.5-4 hrs.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need to look at this in the evening, so I can save some of it.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I make Scalloped Potatoes in mine all the time. It is supposed to serve 12

- 1 cup sour cream
    - black pepper (to taste)
    - 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
    - 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    - 2 lb small red potatoes
    - 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese blend
    - 1/2 pound of meat (optional)

Grease/Pam the crock well. Mix soup, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and sour cream together in a bowl until well blended. I'm more of a one bowl kind of girl so I just dump everything in the crock-pot at once and give it a good stir instead of layering it. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, low 7-8 hours or until the potatoes are done.

I can't give you the calorie count because I just don't know it. I use low sodium, low fat everything and it comes out fantastic. It is very easy to adjust for the number of people being served. This is DH's favorite meal so we tend to have it rather often, with a package of cubed ham added in. Sometimes I toss in ring bologna or crisp bacon. Served with a nice side salad this makes a complete meal.
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definate BUMP! :)
  • SMidgett87
    SMidgett87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump (many of these recipies sound delicious)
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Michshellars
    Options
    I recently purchased a Crockpot too, loving all the tips and recipes! Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kcneufville
    Kcneufville Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I tried the whole chicken in the crock pot with the balls of tin foil under it. It is Great!!
  • Red3535
    Red3535 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BMARYLYNN
    BMARYLYNN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump for later...i love my crockpot
  • onamission7486
    Options
    Bump For Later :)
  • acooper_stl
    acooper_stl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marafish
    marafish Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Comfort chicken for the indifferent cook.

4-6 lb roasting chicken depends on the size of your crock pot
    vegetables: number and type depend on how many people to feed and what they are willing to eat.
    For example, potatoes, onion, carrots, celery

Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot to form a base for the chicken. Slice potatoes and arrange around the bottom of the crock pot around the edge.. Cut carrots and/or celery to fit into center of the ring formed by the potatoes (if the pot is big enough or the carrots small enough, there is no need to cut the carrots),
    Place chicken on top of vegetables.
    Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 180 degrees F. Carefully lift the chicken from the pot to a serving plate (it may collapse in a heap on the plate). Spoon out the vegetables from the crock pot for serving. Reserve the liquid in the pot for making soup.