What has fitnesspal got against us brits ?

Options
13»

Replies

• AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I entered my postcode the other day and MFP was fine with it - the default was US though and I had to change it to UK then it was fine with a UK postcode - it was odd though that it put me in the voting district lol - ermmmm US developers, we have NO idea what that is half the time and tend to go by where we live, not by the voting district ;-) I overwrote mine too :-)
  • lyndaglass1
    Options
    I asked a Brit MyFitnessPal about your problem and suggested she help ya out--her profile shows her proper location in England. So if a BerryH offers assistance, she's cool :)

Good luck!
    Yeah I'm cool!

When I set mine up I entered UK as the country and MFP gave me England as an option for state. Entering my post code gave me my local voting district, which was weird and a bit specific, so I overwrote that with my home town.

If you don't see that, maybe it's a setting on your tablet and you might be better of on PC?

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:

I am going to have another try using the laptop not the tablet app.................fingers crossed I will fly the flag lol x
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhh the frustration of having to sign up to a state in California just to join mfp ! It wouldnt accept a UK postcode and made me say that I ;live in a place full of sunshine and gorgeous people..............no matter, when I am a little less chunky maybe I will visit the sunshine state.............happy days :)

Love and less calories to all the new members :)
    Florida is the Sunshine State.
    Was looking to see if someone beat me to this. Yes Florida is the "Sunshine state". California is the "Golden state"
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I AM from the Sunshine state. Raised in San Diego, now living in Palm Springs. Trust me, we're not all pretty and fit ;-) . And actually, I'm the palest of the cousins and the rest of them all live up in Washington State!

We Brits LURVE the USA.....................all of it :):wink:

Yup half my heart lives in North Carolina I'd live there tomorrow if I could :heart:

I didn't have any trouble signing up in the UK but I did do it from a PC :happy:
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You shoulda picked New York instead of Cali :)

I think its because as brits we have no idea on zip codes 90210 is the only one we know from the TV.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I AM from the Sunshine state. Raised in San Diego, now living in Palm Springs. Trust me, we're not all pretty and fit ;-) . And actually, I'm the palest of the cousins and the rest of them all live up in Washington State!

We Brits LURVE the USA.....................all of it :):wink:

That's not what I've heard. I had a friend who once visited England and she said that Canadians made sure to wear an image of the Canadian flag somewhere on their clothing because the Brits were super nice to Canadians, but often downright rude to Americans. Of course, she could have been biased because she is Canadian. I don't know this to be true personally. I've never visited England (though I've always wanted to because I have ancestral history there), but any Brits I've met here in the states have always seemed really nice to me.

i hear that's true for a lot of travelers, and americans will even pose as canadians so people won't be nasty. but now europeans/foreign countries are catching on!! i think being kind, speaking the local language, and being thankful will go a long way, rather than publicly stating where you're from :flowerforyou:

That's what I think, too. If people have an unflattering misconception about you (or where you're from), the best way to refute it is to avoid behaving in any manner that will validate that misconception.
  • jhalluk10
    jhalluk10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's odd, I'm in the UK and it accepted me!!!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What is a stone in reference to weight?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That's what I think, too. If people have an unflattering misconception about you (or where you're from), the best way to refute it is to avoid behaving in any manner that will validate that misconception.

I think the problem is that there are Americans (of course) who are loud, obnoxious and entitled. And those are the ones people notice. The ones like me who tend to be reserved and quiet and polite (overly so, usually) fade in to the background. So there may be more nice Americans than not, but the loud ones leave the impression.

I knew a family from Britain who were living here because of the father's work and the wife told me she was very surprised at the people she was meeting living here and how different we really are from the impression they have over there.

What I don't understand is why only Americans get this reputation. I lived near Niagara Falls for a long time and have been to Disneyworld a LOT and I can attest that people from other countries act like jerks, too.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What is a stone in reference to weight?
    14 pounds.