Replies

• Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Im aiming 1200 ( well 1220 ) too! I'll add you! :glasses:
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I'm friends with 2 Biggest Loser contestants (one of them won) and they said the guys on the show are on 1200 cal and the women are on 800-900 to put their bodies on major calorie deffiset (sp). Say what you will about the show, but I follow 1200-1400 and workout and wear a BodyFit and that has worked for me.
    JOURNALING is the best and only thing that works all the time. My wife's trainer makes her take pics off all her food and send them to her as a accountability. That's cool too
  • nikkirn25
    Options
    I am following a paleo diet which ends up between 1200-1300 calories per day. You are more than welcome to add me and see if any the meals I eat motivate you. If you eat the right balance of foods, you can actually eat a substantial amount of food and not feel hungry :) Good luck !
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 49 years old. I lost over 20 pounds NETTING 1800 - lost up to 2 lbs. a week. Don't know why anyone's TDEE would be so low unless you are not exercising. You can certainly lose weight by diet alone, but you may decrease your metabolism, so that when you move to maintenance, you will gain. Work hard, eat well and enjoy! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • ash407
    ash407 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • carankouri
    Options
    I too am on 1200 cal per day - tried very hard to keep that up and although I sit most of the day (office) - I walk my dog at least 30 mins each evening 5-7 days per week. Doing OK though:smile:
  • unifil
    unifil Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 ... feel free to add me ;-)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I to was on 1200 calories once. I did lose the weight but I also didn't have as much toning. Sure I was smaller. Looking back I was still flabby and I exercised daily. I also gained back most of the weight. My weight stopped and would not lose anymore. I decided to up my cals and now I net 1200. Good luck with the 1200. I was tired and miserable that I couldn't really eat actually healthy fats etc. It was always stressful for me to go out to dinner and not stay within my goal of 1200. I am so much happier that I can eat more food and it healthier food instead of trying to find the 100 cal whatever to fit int here. Good Luck
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi. i'm striving for 1200 calories a day as well. i'm 60 and HAVE to lose up to 20 pounds. AND, i need to work out - just joined the edge fitness club because i want to do zumba. so, i would love to give and get motivation.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am between 1200 - 1300 which is set by MFP. My diary is open. :)
  • lisajp70
    Options
    I am 1200 as well fee freel to add.. wow this is tough lol
  • flowernat
    flowernat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am around there as well 1270 w losing .5 pnds per week. Feel free to add me.
  • qterrible
    qterrible Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep. Feel free to add.
  • kwhapham
    Options
    Hey! I am 1200 as well! My aim is to lose 1.8 pounds per week. Feel free to add me guys! I would love to have some friends on here so that we can support eachother!
  • Lisa_molitor
    Lisa_molitor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on New Years day, also on a 1200 calories. I'm 5'4 and this is what is recommended for me on fitness pal. feel free to add me.
  • sevin2
    sevin2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 1200 also, and I *think* my food journal is open to those on my FL? Add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • sarahlm20
    sarahlm20 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 too :) sometimes it is a struggle but it feels great when you are able to stick to it, fill free to add me too!
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1200 calories here!!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    me!!i Jillian Michaels reccommends 1200 calories for women for my height. all 200 girls add me
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You do know that Jillian Michaels is a trainer, not a nutritionist?