1200 Here :) Send request !!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a open diary and use the 17 day diet.:drinker:
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1200 per day also. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1260/day - you can add me!
  • kumica
    kumica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree and I'm in a similar situation. Please feel free to add me!
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1200 a day as well ... I've FR some of you ... but any of you are free to FR me as well. My diary isn't open, it's password-protected, so once you're my friend, you can PM me for the password if you're interested.
  • djenah79
    Options
    I am also at 1200 cal - my diary is open to friends if you'd like to add me. right now i'm 5'3" and i weigh 122. I initially started at 130 right before thanksgiving and am looking to get down to 115ish.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What is your goal by consuming only 1200 calories per day?

Did you know that eating too-few of calories can actually cause our bodies enter starvation mode? The thyroid hormones needed to fuel your metabolism can’t be produced and our metabolism starts slowing down. Our bodies start clinging to fat stores as a source of energy and we become sluggish.

The ideal caloric intake is based off an equation that first calculates your BMR to include your height, weight, age, gender.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Once this number is established, the next step adds in your activity level in the Harris Benedict equation.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

This final number is what you should be consuming on a daily basis. The ideal plan for your body is 40/40/20, meaning 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. This keeps your body in fat-burning mode while allowing the gain of lean muscle. It also allows your body to maintain a higher energy level and feel full longer!

I hope this helps, feel free to add me :)

that was freakin conFUSING as hell. I didnt understand one thing.

Ill stick with 1200 calories.
  • heatheraltgilbers5
    Options
    It calculated mine at that also. You can add me too. I'm new just started monday.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am actually at 1100 calories (supervised by Dr) so that would give you room in your daily total. My diary is open. Not saying you should be at 1100, just saying if you wanted to see what I eat and build on that you can.
    Please no comments about the 1100 calories, it is Dr supervised.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am actually at 1100 calories (supervised by Dr) so that would give you room in your daily total. My diary is open. Not saying you should be at 1100, just saying if you wanted to see what I eat and build on that you can.
    Please no comments about the 1100 calories, it is Dr supervised.

Just curious is there a reason why the Dr. put you at 1100? I would be starving.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, I consume about 1200 calories a day - feel free to add :D
  • daneshdao
    daneshdao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congrats on all that weight lost.. any workout tips?
  • Andipat
    Andipat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this. My target is also 1200 calories a day.

andipat
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Options
    Ditto!! 1200 cals here!!! Seems a bit strict but doable (so far anyway). Joined in July of last year but really just started using it last Friday. Ive been logging in everyday and it really help keep track of things. Which is what I need!!
    Anyone add me if you like- only have a couple friends so far.
  • vandergraaf56
    Options
    I'm new too and myfitnespal.com recommended 1200 calories per day based on my height, weight, and age. Feel free to add! Thanks.:smile:
  • deadgirl13
    Options
    My friend made me download this app and it's pretty cool. Based on my BMR I am suppose to consume 1200 calories a day. I weigh 136 and not really trying to lose weight but I would like to weigh 117. I don't regularly exercise and I eat what I want and most of the time it isn't good lol (tastes good but not healthy) I am going to give this a shot and try to eat well while still not exceeding 1200 calories. It's gonna be a challenge. Add me if you'd like :) Good luck everyone.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1200 cals - 5'2" with 45lbs of gained weight to lose. I just started MFP a couple days ago but I plan to be on it all the time. :)
  • reneeroberts_88
    reneeroberts_88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 840 calories. I usually go over so it is easier for me to have it set lower. I am 4'11 with 30 to 35 pounds to lose! Add me!!!!
  • kcwest4
    kcwest4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I got to my goal in the summer by staying at 1200 calories, this time I'm trying to drop my "winter weight" and mainly make cleaner eating choices and tone up! Good luck to you all!