Woman Named Beautiful Existence to EatOnly Starbucks for aYr

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What a moron. Feminism activists can be so annoying.

I was going to say how annoying that she even calls this feminist. It has nothing to do with feminism at all. So please check your stereotypes at the door.

Oh wait, this is MFP.

On the original subject, I am quite sure that after a year of nothing but starbuck's she'll be more fat than she is now. Starbucks adds extra sugar to their drinks, and I can only imagine they do similar things to their food. Plus, there isn't much in terms of healthy options there. Breakfast lunch and dinner, eh? Good luck with that one, "Beautiful Existence"....
    I know! I once got a cheese, fruit and almond thing and it was SWIMMING in added sugar!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    She better be rich. Those crabs are expensive!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    mmm...cake pop diet. calories in calories out right?

crickets...
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

^^^I read this 5 times, and I'm coming up empty. Can anyone translate?

Translation: Boobs.

Yep, that's how I read it: Boobs.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Calories in....calories out...
    It's simple math.
    I hope she makes a bunch of money off dim people and daft sponsors.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I'd rather challenge myself to a new PR for deadlifts than something as asinine as eating only Starbucks for a year.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Actual excerpt from her blog:

"So again, WHY? am I doing this challenge? Or WHY? will I do any challenge in the future? Because I LOVE being human and I LOVE the privilege of being able to ask the question WHY? in the first place! I love the question WHY? because sometimes I find that the answer leaves me with even more questions about life… and then, my circle starts all over again and I wouldn’t want my WHY? any other way."

Goodness, this woman is giving me a headache. So glad I don't actually know her in person.
    Obviously someone who changes their legal name to "Beautiful Existence" is in desperate need of attention.
    Oh and she has a kid? I wonder if his name is "An even more beautiful existence"?

This is what happens when the manic pixie dream girl from the movies comes to life.
    She's ****ing crazy.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

Translation "I'm a moron." Basically. Because it's challenging yourself to commit to eat from only one establishment for a year and that greatly benefits women. Obvi.

Maybe the direct quote from her blog can put into more context.

"So how can eating only one company’s products impact me, anybody? Well Mr. McDonald’s already proved that question years ago with his documentary and Mr. Subway did his take on the loosing weight portion of the food challenges too. But when I watched those guys doing their thing I asked myself “where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world?” “Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? A woman’s diet, weight, fashion, checkbook, community and world through challenges?” “Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?”

Still STUPID tho.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, I made the mistake of going to her blog, and it appears she was saying you had the McDonald's guy and Subway Jared doing these "challenges," so where are the women to show what impact these places have on the female population?

I always figured that only men did these 'challenges' because women typically have more common sense. Always an exception to the rule, I guess.
  • phillipsmi
    Options
    Did anyone see the shopping cart? It appears she is also planning to live off the grocery store versions of Starbucks- meaning ice creams, frappes, energy drinks... http://1yearofmylife.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/what-is-in-store/

Her point is to "be the voice of women in the fast food documentary business!" I'd have much more respect for a woman who found a way to balance her busy life through REAL FOOD, exercise, and self love. I see so many women (self included) who are not happy with their bodies after babies/marriage/other life changes. Where are THOSE strong, empowered women who take control over society's view of perfection?

I want to be that voice, because I keep seeing the same stuff over and over- women wasting more money on fad diets, weight loss products, special diets etc. There's still no magic pill.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So basically what I'm hearing is, "I WANT ATTENTION" and "CHANGING MY NAME TO SOMETHING AS RIDICULOUS AS 'BEAUTIFUL EXISTENCE' IS NO LONGER GOOD ENOUGH!"
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Translation "I'm a moron." Basically. Because it's challenging yourself to commit to eat from only one establishment for a year and that greatly benefits women. Obvi.

Maybe the direct quote from her blog can put into more context.

"So how can eating only one company’s products impact me, anybody? Well Mr. McDonald’s already proved that question years ago with his documentary and Mr. Subway did his take on the loosing weight portion of the food challenges too. But when I watched those guys doing their thing I asked myself “where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world?” “Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? A woman’s diet, weight, fashion, checkbook, community and world through challenges?” “Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?”

Still STUPID tho.

Sounds to me like she is saying it in a prejudiced sexist way to get her way in the big corporate fast food chain. Its like she wants Starbucks to pick a "woman" AKA her to be the popular "Face" of Starbucks because other fast food chains "faces" are men.

Well I guess at least she tried for da millionz but instead paid big bucks to Starbucks for her nutrition. Damn it some one give this lady 1 free drink lol.. :laugh: :drinker:
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Chad Ochocinco, Metta World Peace, Beautiful Existence. I see a trend here.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives proves, scientifically, why a vegan lifestyle is best.

/end thread

:heart:

u mad bro?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Well, I made the mistake of going to her blog, and it appears she was saying you had the McDonald's guy and Subway Jared doing these "challenges," so where are the women to show what impact these places have on the female population?

I always figured that only men did these 'challenges' because women typically have more common sense. Always an exception to the rule, I guess.

There are plenty of really dumb women out there. I'd wager an equal number to the number of stupid men.
  • nroth57
    nroth57 Posts: 21
    Options
    This nutjob exists to have the spotlight on her, at any cost for any reason. There is no substance behind her mission other than "its not fair that a boy did it with subway and mdconalds".

What is sadder crazy person herself, is the idea and sad reality that she probably has enthusiastic followers.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight on whatever the **** you want... healthy or not, inconclusive.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives proves, scientifically, why a vegan lifestyle is best.

/end thread

:heart:

u mad bro?

"bro"???? Are you suggesting supertracylynn is a man or a tranny? lol :huh:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    But - she seems to have blown it already?
    With all the talk of tea, food and recipes I was more than ready to walk over to the Evolution Fresh store and grab dinner. Tonight I grabbed some hard-boiled eggs and an Ancho Chili Chicken Collard wrap. I swear, every new bite is a new favorite of mine from Evolution Fresh. The wrap was delicious, simple and filling with only 200 calories to boot!

http://1yearofmylife.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/tea-time/
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Unless Starbucks gave her free meals, I can't see the point in this. It's hard to see a spokesperson spending $16 a day fitting the Starbucks image, so I'd be shocked if a deal actually happened out of this. All I could think when reading that was how much money is being wasted by getting the oatmeal, of all things. (Need it sometimes, because you are on the run and couldn't make breakfast? That's one thing. Have a craving? That's another. Paying for it to make a statement every day? :noway: )

Now, if Starbucks would promise me free meals for a year, we may have a deal.