What's your response when you get dumped?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I've never been dumped...I've always done the dumping. But they were just stupid high school "relationships" that only lasted for a month.

I'm in my first real relationship right now, and so far so good :) I'd probably cry over this one if he dumped me.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Never been dumped, and never had a friendship go bad. I would say that I understand and wish them well....
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    When one is dumped there really is nothing to say as you can't talk your way out of rejection. Move on
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Never really been dumped. I was always the one to get sick of the guy and kick him to the curb.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Dont recall ever being dumped, but if I was Id say "YOU DON'T DUMP ME! I DUMP YOU!" Then storm off talking loudly about how much of a no body he was and how he was lucky I stayed so long in the first place....lol
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "GET dumped" :huh: ...

...all women should do the dumping lol
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    YES I'm free!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    Dont recall ever being dumped, but if I was Id say "YOU DON'T DUMP ME! I DUMP YOU!" Then storm off talking loudly about how much of a no body he was and how he was lucky I stayed so long in the first place....lol

Would you do a similar thing if you got fired? "You...you can't fire me! I QUIT!"

:laugh:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to use this one:

"BUT I"M PREGNANT! Surprise!"

wait for shock and horror

"lol kidding, bai sucka!"
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Last two people I had broken up with, the one before that was actual a super tragic story so not my most shareable one.

Although I think my most honest and tactful way of breaking up was saying this:

"I love you but I'm sorry to say that I am not in love with you anymore. I have no fight left."
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Last time I was dumped, he said "I guess I'm just not ready for a relationship." He was a mama's boy I dated for maybe 2 months and actually saw maybe 4 times. His idea of a date was coming over to watch wrestling on my flat screen.

My reply was, "Well that's nice to know NOW." Not a clever response, just honest.

And maybe a week later, I went out with a random guy who actually made time for me. Married for 3 years, together for 5.

In high school and college, I didn't care if I got dumped. I knew I wouldn't marry one of those guys anyway.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to use this one:

"BUT I"M PREGNANT! Surprise!"

wait for shock and horror

"lol kidding, bai sucka!"

@gigittygoo - LMAO! :laugh: Let him suffer a little longer!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    the last time was just about 11 years ago no exsplanation she said she needed time for herself and replaced me right away. as too how i felt why what did i do wrong then her loss
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hahaaaaa. I actually got dumped last night. I took off all of my clothes and now we're back together. Seriously. :laugh: Not sure if it's sad or flattering.
    it is sad!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've only been dumped twice. Once by my now husband (we got back together when I was a bit more ready for a relationship). I was in college and it was after finals and I was all sorts of distracted and generally not working hard to hold up my end of the relationship. I totally deserved it and knew it was coming. I think I said, "I wondered if you might do that... I haven't really been a good girlfriend." We stayed in touch and got back together after the summer after I also changed majors and generally found my "calling" for school a lot better. Been together strong for over 7 years since.

The first time I got dumped I was a freshman in high school.
    An upperclassman whose name I didn't even know kept pestering me every day on the bus--asking me out and getting upset when I'd say no. (He asked every freshman girl out.)
    Finally, one Friday, I'd told him, "If I say yes, will you stop asking me?" He answered with a dumb, "yeah." I gave him my number and then got off the bus at my stop. That evening he called me. I answered and was so bored by the conversation that I made up an excuse to hang up. He called again later that night. I had my dad tell him I was unavailable. The next day he called, I answered while doing laundry. I put the phone down to change a load from the washer to the drier .... and never picked it back up. The line eventually went dead and my dad was curious why the phone was in the laundry room giving a disconnected noise.
    On Monday, on the way to my locker, a casual friend came up and asked if I was ok. I was confused by the question and so he continued, "Well, I heard you got dumped by ___. He left a note in your locker this morning."
    My response, "Thank goodness!"

Other than that, I've always been the one to do the dumping.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use the "I faked it" card....

Lol, I did that! He cried!