What is wrong with people??!!??!?!?!

Options

Replies

• _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options

The makers say their method should be combined with healthier food choices, exercise, and smaller portions to achieve lasting weight loss.

OR you could just go with the healthier food choices, exercise, and smaller portions. Genius.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    Ugh, I feel sick now. Gastric Bypass is bad enough, but I would NEVER try this. :noway:
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In other words a surgical eating disorder.

^^This^^ If someone really wants an ED that bad they could just throw up a lot cheaper.
  • SmilingRn56
    SmilingRn56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OK, so not only disgusting, but soooooo wrong. Screwing around with the stomach like that would not only be unhealthy, it is an open port for any number of our "super infections" to get into the body, like MRSA... that we've all heard of. Then there is the electrolyte imbalance this would cause. You mess with sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium then you mess around with heart conduction and you go into arrythmias, possible/probable heart attack and/or death. Sure... that's worth a few pounds lost??? Doncha think????? :explode:
  • SmilingRn56
    SmilingRn56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bingo......
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for someone to start posting topics like

"Anyone doing the Assist Aspirations? What are your thoughts I'm thinking about doing it!!" Kind of posts! :noway:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mechanically assisted purging. No bad breath. No tooth decay. What's not to like about this? :noway:

AND TWINKIES DAMMIT! WE CAN EAT TWINKIES OUT THE WAZOO!
  • Cheekybookworm
    Options
    In other words a surgical eating disorder.

Exactly!
  • ActiveAli78
    ActiveAli78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeew, wrong on so very many levels one of which is, how does your body have a chance to process the nutrients of the food. Surely you would actually starve to death as you're not getting any nutrients???
  • ursus_maritimus
    Options
    Thanks... but I'd rather be overweight.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    We need to build the Matrix with an "all you can eat" program so these people can volunteer to live in it. It could get them out of the way of people who actually do things, and solve the energy crisis at the same time.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought -- if you're supposedly going to drain off 1/3 of the calories you just ate, why don't you just eat 1/3 LESS calories to begin with?? Seems easier and simpler, less intrusive and a bunch of unmentionable things!!
  • seonf
    seonf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tell these lazy "I want results now" people if I can loose 55 kg, anyone can. I don't exactly have the highest self esteem, felt like giving up way too many times and have club feet which limited what I can do but yeah, we don't need these fix quick solutions. Anyone can loose weight.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Mechanically assisted purging. No bad breath. No tooth decay. What's not to like about this? :noway:

And if they call it the Wazoo(tm), you could LITERALLY eat Twinkies out the Wazoo.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

And if they call it the Wazoo(tm), you could LITERALLY eat Twinkies out the Wazoo.

I wonder if the original name for that gadget was the Wazoo? imagine eating all you want and sucking it out the wazoo.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i can't see why anyone would do. gross why not eat properly and walk not hard. then you can soon move to the next stage of exercise
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    People with these things could put the "all you can eat" places out of business. Eat boat loads of food then take a trip to the bathroom to empty out then eat more etc. etc. Wonder if they'll start searching people to see if they have one implanted first before allowing them to eat?
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ... it is an open port for any number of our "super infections" to get into the body...

After "disgusting" and "surgical bulimia" this ^^^ was my next thought. Why in the world would anyone take on the risks here? What ethical practitioner would perform such a procedure for someone seeking solely to lose weight? Ulceration and infection of the port site and in a major organ? Does anyone really believe that a person who would seek this out as a weight-loss method will have the commitment to care for such a port appropriately? The horror....
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Is this like a cosmetic g-tube surgery? I thought those were only reserved for the very ill. My son had one because he couldn't eat. They are meant to feed the person, not drain them! That's just horrible!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I guess jamming your finger down your throat just became a bit too complicated for some.